HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

Supersnow84

This is really random but had this thread disappeared off the wider “Tokyo Shanghai and Hong Kong” thread list for anyone else

I keep up to date on this thread by virtue of just leaving it permanently open on an extra tab which is annoying because it’s kinda become the default HK news thread

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is really random but had this thread disappeared off the wider “Tokyo Shanghai and Hong Kong” thread list for anyone else

I keep up to date on this thread by virtue of just leaving it permanently open on an extra tab which is annoying because it’s kinda become the default HK news thread
Nope. Still there 👋

IMG_0739.jpeg

Supersnow84

No reason to expect it won’t, fantasyland station has been redone to support arendelle being on its other side and the Tomorrowland expansion has been out on indefinite hold with the railways tracks being unaffected so I assume they will reopen it at least till the Tomorrowland expansion starts up again if for no other reason than the big thing discussed during LegCo was “if Covid restrictions are over why is half the park still closed on an average day”

Mark_E

Visited HKDL yesterday for the first time. I was able to get a lot done, as it wasn't too busy and I was able to stay away from the crowds.

Did all open rides except Orbitron (Grizzly, Dumbo and Railway closed)
Started at 10:30 with Space Mountain (first train!), then Iron Man, then went and did the 3 TSL rides with no wait. Mystic Manor - no wait. Think the longest I waited for anything was 20 minutes for Jungle Cruise and a repeat ride of Space Mountain. Watched the two shows (Micky and the Wondrous Book + Festival of the Lion King). All in all did 4 rides on Space, 3 on Ant Man/Mystic Manor, and 2 on Iron Man, with 1 on everything else.

It's a cute park, but certainly missing some attractions (I definitely missed out with Grizzly being closed). Arandelle is really going to help, especially Frozen Ever After. Desperately missing a proper water ride though, a log flume or rapids would go down a treat here (Moana in Adventureland?). Adding to that, another dark ride or two for fantasyland, Midway Mania for Toy Story land, and another e-ticket or two would make this a top tier Disney park (Soarin, MMRR, and the proposed Avengers attraction).

Supersnow84

Yeah I think FEA is a missed opportunity not being a splashdown water ride but it certainly fills the niche of a third fantasyland dark ride (though the park should have 4)

I agree if they build quinjet, add midway mania (because that plot really isn’t very big because they are limited in how much they can use while maintaining arendelles thematic integrity) and one more ride the park would be close to perfect

I can definitely agree not having grizzly though is a massive blow to the parks lineup right now, FEA might be an e ticket if they really go the whole 9 yards on the theming and size of the show scenes (which the show building looks huge 2,600 square meters vs 3500 square meters so maybe) but WOSS is likely more c ticket, till FEA opens the park suffers massively if space, MM or grizzly is closed

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

Visited HKDL yesterday for the first time. I was able to get a lot done, as it wasn't too busy and I was able to stay away from the crowds.

Did all open rides except Orbitron (Grizzly, Dumbo and Railway closed)
Started at 10:30 with Space Mountain (first train!), then Iron Man, then went and did the 3 TSL rides with no wait. Mystic Manor - no wait. Think the longest I waited for anything was 20 minutes for Jungle Cruise and a repeat ride of Space Mountain. Watched the two shows (Micky and the Wondrous Book + Festival of the Lion King). All in all did 4 rides on Space, 3 on Ant Man/Mystic Manor, and 2 on Iron Man, with 1 on everything else.

It's a cute park, but certainly missing some attractions (I definitely missed out with Grizzly being closed). Arandelle is really going to help, especially Frozen Ever After. Desperately missing a proper water ride though, a log flume or rapids would go down a treat here (Moana in Adventureland?). Adding to that, another dark ride or two for fantasyland, Midway Mania for Toy Story land, and another e-ticket or two would make this a top tier Disney park (Soarin, MMRR, and the proposed Avengers attraction).
It's a great park with a solid supporting lineup that just needs a few more proper E tickets to balance it out. Far better than it's generally given credit for.

Supersnow84

You can make an argument that mystic manor is the best attraction at any Disney park, it just doesn’t punch you in the gut with its presence like some other mega e tickets

HK really needs just one “in your face you can’t ignore me” mega e ticket to round out its offerings

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Imagine Shanghai’s lineup fused with HK, Shanghai’s headliners with HK’s supporting lineup
Tron is yesterdays news now (not to mention a low realistic ROI) but a POTC style attraction using a fluke system should be a no brainer. Stick Pan in Philharmagic plus the long anticipated Tomorrowland attraction and it'd work wonders

Last edited:

Supersnow84

Tron is yesterdays news now (not to mention a low realistic ROI) but a POTC style attraction using a fluke system should be a no brainer. Stick Pan in Philharmagic plus the long anticipated Tomorrowland attraction and it’s work wonders
Tron is old news but Shanghai still has a far better set of e tickets than HK has (or at least strong d tickets) not that this is a realistic plan regardless

HK has mystic manor and big grizzly but falls away after that, Shanghai has soarin, tron, pirates, Peter Pan, challenge trails and roarin rapids

If they dumped even half those attractions into HK it would be the best magic kingdom

I do agree a flume pirates ride in grizzly gulch and Tomorrowland e ticket alone would be plenty but yeah if they replaced philhar with Peter Pan and built a small Alice ride where clopins is it would really fix a lot of fantasyland

Mark_E

You can make an argument that mystic manor is the best attraction at any Disney park, it just doesn’t punch you in the gut with its presence like some other mega e tickets

HK really needs just one “in your face you can’t ignore me” mega e ticket to round out its offerings
I liked Mystic Manor for sure, and in terms of dark rides its up there, but it didn’t give me the same “wow” feeling as the Shanghai Pirates did.

Clopins was closed Wednesday, plenty of other dining locations so this is a perfect place for a dark ride, as is Philharmagic (not needed when you have the live Mickeys Book show).

I will be very curious what happens to this park in the coming years.

Supersnow84

I liked Mystic Manor for sure, and in terms of dark rides its up there, but it didn’t give me the same “wow” feeling as the Shanghai Pirates did.

Clopins was closed Wednesday, plenty of other dining locations so this is a perfect place for a dark ride, as is Philharmagic (not needed when you have the live Mickeys Book show).

I will be very curious what happens to this park in the coming years.
Clopins is closed more often than it’s open TBH it just doesn’t have a whole lot of room, but I agree especially when arendelle adds the new restaurant then clopins will be completely unnecessary, and yeah I’d also give up pilharmagic for another dark ride, HK’s fantasyland has always been rather awkward

Pirates vs mystic manor is definitely a tough one, pirates is the perfect evolution of an old classic but mystic manor is the perfect execution of a non IP ride, they both try to achieve different things and they both do them near flawlessly

Mark_E

Clopins is closed more often than it’s open TBH it just doesn’t have a whole lot of room, but I agree especially when arendelle adds the new restaurant then clopins will be completely unnecessary, and yeah I’d also give up pilharmagic for another dark ride, HK’s fantasyland has always been rather awkward

Pirates vs mystic manor is definitely a tough one, pirates is the perfect evolution of an old classic but mystic manor is the perfect execution of a non IP ride, they both try to achieve different things and they both do them near flawlessly
Yea I agree, it was a really well done ride and I'm kinda glad it's unique to Hong Kong.
Just Tokyo DL for me to do now (end of June) then that's all of them. Excited in particular for Hunny Hunt, Ride and Go Seek and Beauty and the Beast (and Splash Mountain of course!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom