Hint of the Next Celebration

littledebbie

Original Poster
Something about dreams. Nothing about Epcot's 25th anniversary. From The Slug, AP's pop culture blog here:

http://asapblogs.typepad.com/theslug/2006/06/whats_mickey_mo.html

Seems Mickey is about to do some more reveling. This time it sounds like it'll be... different. The Slug received a large, ominous invitation in the mail recently for an announcevent on June 7. The invite was so big, in fact, it covered our entire kitchen table. (Pictured here with our toothbrush on the left for scale. You're welcome.) Find the text and our suspicion on what it's about after the jump, kids.
You're invited to... dream.

Dream big.

No really big. Like princesses-at-the-ball and pirates-on-the-high-seas big.

Dream bigger than you ever have before.

June 7, 2006, will be a monumental evening of Disney announcements. Be there as Jay Rasulo, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, reveals how Disney Parks around the globe will combine imagination and innovation as never before to make millions of dreams come true.

Join us and discover how powerful dreams can be.

The site has a photo of the invite.

napnet

Interesting, especially since the effect behind the castle looks like Spaceship Earth but i really cant see if its just some sparkly effect.

Since1976

Wow, kind of soon for another worldwide park celebration, isn't it? Then again, when AREN'T the parks celebrating some milestone or other? Can't wait to hear the announcement!

Skippy

Princesses and Pirates? Sounds a lot like...

wdwmagic.com said:
11 March 2006: Pirates and Princesses hard ticket event

There are plans underway to introduce a new "Pirates and Princesses" hard ticket event at the Magic Kingdom. Based on a similar concept to "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party" and "Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party", the new event would take place after regular parks hours, and would require a separate ticket for entry. As part of the evening events would be a Pirates and Princesses parade. Whilst this concept is strongly tipped to come to reality around January 2007, please remember that this information is not officially confirmed, and as always is subject to change.

Although it does say announcementS. So who knows what else will be revealed.

Richie248

I wonder if the announcments are limited to just WDW, it seems as if they may be announcing projects/plans extending past WDW and the themeparks themselves. June 7th insn't to far away so I'll be excited to see what this is all about!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i wonder how long it will take to take all the decorations off the castle at WDW? well, hopefully if the dte above is correct, then they will be up for my trip in sept.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
This event has something to do with DLR resort too, as their rumor-folks have known about it for a little while.

Insiders suggest this celebration is Jay's last ditch effort to save his job as his "global" marketing of the 50th was seen as a failure (Paris and Tokyo abandoned the plans).

CaptainMichael

Richie248 said:
June 7th insn't to far away so I'll be excited to see what this is all about!
Yeah, it's only 2 days away. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about this event yet. Steve?

As far as announcements go, I'd expect to hear about the Monster's Inc. attraction and maybe Midway Mania.

Horizons1

mousermerf said:
This event has something to do with DLR resort too, as their rumor-folks have known about it for a little while.

Insiders suggest this celebration is Jay's last ditch effort to save his job as his "global" marketing of the 50th was seen as a failure (Paris and Tokyo abandoned the plans).

What were the plans for Paris and Tokyo?

CaptainMichael

Horizons1 said:
What were the plans for Paris and Tokyo?
I'm not really sure if there were any. I don't remember hearing about them. I would think that Tokyo would have participated. There were a few minor things, but nothing on the scale of DCA and WDW.

Shaman

jmaxwell007 said:
i wonder how long it will take to take all the decorations off the castle at WDW? well, hopefully if the dte above is correct, then they will be up for my trip in sept.

One can only hope those go down and don't stay up forever...especially the big window/mirror thing. :lookaroun

HandyAndy

Shaman said:
One can only hope those go down and don't stay up forever...especially the big window/mirror thing. :lookaroun
You know what, the gold decorations don't bother me so much, infact I've actually grown to like them!
Its just that hideous over-sized so called 'mirror' just has to come down!:fork:

prberk

Did Paris and Tokyo really opt out of the "worldwide" celebration?

What did they end up doing? Anyone have details? I didn't hear that they had opted out?

Paul

CaptainMichael

prberk said:
Did Paris and Tokyo really opt out of the "worldwide" celebration?

What did they end up doing? Anyone have details? I didn't hear that they had opted out?

Paul
Well, Paris got Wishes and Tokyo got Raging Spirits, and they "gave" WDW stuff. I'm not sure if what they got was tied to the celebration or just loosely associated.

SirNim

STR8FAN2005 said:
You know what would be cool? Silver mouse ears for Epcot with Spaceship Earth and something about 25 years on the front.
Mmm, I like the way you think. The silver-tinted fabric could be printed with the nice iconic geometric triangular pattern. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom