Hidden/Secret/Unknown/Unseen Disney List

adamcav

Original Poster
Hello all.

First things first, I apologize for the length of this post.

In preparation for our upcoming trip this September a friend and I have decided to do some research and put together a list of "Hidden Disney" things to search out. Things such as "Evil Tower U R Doomed" or the "Raining Umbrella" in Disney Studios. After many hours of scouring the internet we have come up with a list of over 80. I've posted the top 60 here.

Now we need some help. If you're into this stuff, take a look at our list and see if you know of anything we've missed and should add. Also, I realize that much of this information (thanks to the timelessness of the internet) could be old and out of date. If you know of anything on our list that was once there but has since been removed please let me know so I can remove it.

I've numbered the elements so you can refer to them by numbers. Also, I do want to mention that we are not including Hidden Mickey's on this list, that will be a whole separate adventure.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

PS. Since this information all came from the internet, some of you may be the original authors of these blurbs. Thanks for the info!

On to the list, ......

1) Downtown Disney, Art of Disney Store - The Art of Disney Store runs a trivia quiz daily with prizes.

2) Epcot, Futureworld, Electric Umbrella - There is a talking trash can just after the place where you get your toppings.

3) Epcot, Futureworld, Ice Station - Behind Ice Station Cool on the way to Journey Into Imagination the walkway plays musical notes as you walk along.

4) Epcot, Futureworld, Spaceship Earth - When you are going through the little boy's room, on the surfboard is "TL" standing for Typhoon Lagoon.

5) Epcot, Futureworld, Test Track - There is a hidden Woody from "Toy Story" along with the cactus and the Mickey Koosh in the upper right corner of the workbench in test area 8B at Test Track

6) Epcot, Futureworld, Test Track - Throughout the entire attraction the pictures are of the Imagineers' kids.

7) Epcot, Futureworld, Test Track - In the heat chamber are some fried eggs on an electric heat compressor, in the cold there are popsicles in an ice cube tray, in corrosive, the robots serial numbers spell out CRUS-T and RUS-T.

8) Epcot, Futureworld, The Land Pavilion - When going up the ramp to enter the Land Pavilion, you see two great mosaic murals. When Disney commissioned the artist, they told him that they wanted two identical murals on either side. The artist said that he never does the same piece twice...So, to keep his artistic freedom, you'll notice that on the right hand mural about halfway into it, you'll see a pure green tile that looks obviously out of place. That's his token stone just to make the two different.

9) Epcot - Various talking water fountains: 1- Outside Mouse Works shop, 2- behind Innoventions West, near the restroom, between Innoventions and HISTA Pavilion, 3- near the play fountain between Future World and World Showcase.

10) Epcot, World Showcase, Between France & Morocco - An area of the pavement in between the France and Morocco pavilion is painted a different color than the rest of the dark-red ground. Why? This color change is supposed to look like a little river, representing the Straits of Gibraltar, which divides Europe and Africa - the continents which are home to France and Morocco respectively.

11) Epcot, World Showcase, China - If you stand in the exact center of the columns in the Hall of Prayer and speak the acoustics are like the actual Hall of Prayer, so you'll hear your voice echo, but your friends won't.

12) Epcot, World Showcase, France - The bridge continuing on past France symbolically crosses the English Channel. See if you can find a bike and an easel as if an artist were coming back to finish a painting of the store across the canal.

13) Epcot, World Showcase, Germany - In Germany, observe the figures that come out of the clock when the clock chimes the hour. Don't miss the model train exhibit out front. If you know the holiday story about the pickle ornament, find the pickle tree (in a store).

14) Epcot, World Showcase, Italy - Large building on the left contains large white pillars. If you count from the corner pillar back, counting 5 deep (there should be an entrance to a specialty shop right next to you), closely inspect the characters engraved within the pillar. All the kings on all the pillars are holding some type of round object but unique to that 5th pillar is a king that is holding a bowling ball.

15) Epcot, World Showcase, Italy - Italy at the World Showcase. If you wander around behind the shops (where the fountains are) look around for little red press-buttons that say "press for a surprise" (or something to that effect). If you press the button, water squirts from a different location.

16) Epcot, World Showcase, Japan - "Miyuki" is the name of the candy artist found in the Japan pavilion. She creates incredible (and FREE) candy treats by sculpting little edible animals out of rice dough with amazing speed and grace. Using nothing but her hands and a small pair of scissors, she creates detailed animals such as horses, rabbits, cats, monkeys, eagles, dragons, birds and flowers.

17) Epcot, World Showcase, Norway - On the Maelstrom ride, as you pass the trolls and travel backwards in your boat look on the right-hand wall and you will see a golden castle on the wall.

18) Epcot, World Showcase, Outback - When you get to the Outback area lift the lids on the old time soda coolers. Get ready for a surprise.

19) Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Castle, Right side - As you approach the Castle and walk up the right-side walkway (not the walkway leading into the Castle but next to the Castle), there is a water fountain. Behind the water fountain, there is a small fountain with a statue of a princess in it. Behind the statue, there is a crown painted on a mural. If you get down real low as you are drinking water from the water fountain & look up, the crown appears to be sitting on top of the head of the princess.

20) Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Castle, Walkway - The murals in the castle depict the Wicked Step Sisters. Look at their faces. One of the faces is Red the Other Green. The reason - one is to be "Red with Anger" the other "Green with Envy" as Cinderella tries on the slipper.

21) Magic Kingdom, Cinderella Castle, Walkway - The stone railing that is along the castle's walkway has an inverted three-circle pattern along it. When the sun hits these the right way, images of Mickey are projected all along the walkway.

22) Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Cinderella's Golden Carousel - There is a total of ninety horses on Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. Cinderella's horse is the horse with the gold ribbon tied on its tail.

23) Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Snow White's Adventure - In Snow White's Scary Adventures Mickey’s red and yellow shorts are hanging on the close line.

24 Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Winnie the Pooh - As you exit the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride and enter the gift shop, there is the distinct scent of honey in the air.

25) Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Winnie the Pooh - When Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was converted into Winnie the Pooh Adventure, they included a scene where Mr. Toad hands off the property deed to the ride. To see Mr. Toad, look to your left as you enter Owl's house. There's a framed picture on the wall, just inside the doors.

26) Magic Kingdom, Frontierland, Railroad Station - In the "Waiting Room" queue area in the Frontierland Station of the WDW Railroad, there is a shelf which contains unclaimed luggage. Among the items is an antique wooden leg, with the name "Smith" written on it.

27) Magic Kingdom, Frontierland, Splash Mountain - In the queue for Splash Mountain, you can hear little critters inside the hanging houses going about their business.

28) Magic Kingdom, Frontierland, Tom Sawyer Island - On Tom Sawyer Island, if you find a paintbrush lying around, take it to a Cast Member and you may get a small prize!

29) Magic Kingdom, Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion - A wedding ring is embedded in cement on the floor outside of the Haunted Mansion as you exit. (Update following Reply #11 - This is not actually a ring, but an old queue post cut down.)

30) Magic Kingdom, Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion - If you're passing the Haunted Mansion at night, look up above the door to the top floor of the house, and you might just see two shadows walking by holding a lantern.

31) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Center Street - If you make a right onto Center St. (the street that crosses Main at its center) you will here a singing lesson and a ballet class coming from the windows marked "Singing Lessons" and "School of Dance".

32) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, End of Main St. - Walt Disney's tiepin is in the shape of the letters "STR," which stand for "Smoke Tree Ranch," a favorite vacation destination of his. He specifically asked that the tiepin be part of the statue in the hub of Main Street when it was commissioned. Pay close attention to the ring Walt is wearing on the Partners Statue, located in front of Cinderella Castle, for a surprise.

33) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Entrance - When you first enter Disney World's Magic Kingdom, there is a building off to the right which holds awards that Disney has gotten from its movies and TV shows. It has a large mural of all cartoon characters, and letters from VIP's to Disney. There was a movie called "The Disney Story" that is played every 22 minutes.

34) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Expo Hall - Although the Main St. Cinema is gone, old Disney cartoons are still shown, in a small theater, with seats, in Expo Hall.

35) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, General Store - In the Main Street Market house, I believe, there is a old phone mounted on the wall. If you pick up the receiver and listen to it you hear a conversation between a women and her child.

36) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Train Station - When you first enter Disney World's Magic Kingdom, walk under the train station where the lockers are. Facing Cinderella Castle, look for a door on the right just before you exit from under the station. Open this door and get a look at the Mural on the wall.

37) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Windows - The names located along Main Street are also set in order of the opening credits to a movie. Walt's name is the last one, located at the end of Main Street on the Ice Cream Parlor. The train tunnel acts as a curtain. The first smell you encounter is popcorn. Hence, the effect of walking into a movie theater.

38) Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Toontown Fair, Mickey's Country House - On the large chalk scoreboard next to the ping pong table, you'll find the "Ping Pong Tournament Standings" board. Be sure to check the score!

39) Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Toontown Fair, Minnie's House - Be sure to check her messages on the answering machine, turn on the microwave to pop some popcorn, turn on the dials on the stove - this will make the coffee pot perk and the utensils hanging above the stove to dance to the music, and if you want to cool off, open Minnie's refrigerator door to feel a chilling blast of air!

40) Magic Kingdom, Mickey's Toontown Fair, Pete's Garage - Located near the entrance to Mickey's Toontown Fair is Pete's Garage, where you can make a "pit-stop" before you visit Mickey and Minnie! Take a look at his gas pump... you'll find the keys to the restroom floating in there as well!

41) Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland, Astro Orbiter - Phone similar to the General Store on Main Street under the TTA (Tomorrowland Transit Authority) station and Astro Orbiter.

42) Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland, Buzz Lightyear - To achieve a high score on the Buzz Lightyear Space Rangers Spin Ride, here are a couple of hidden targets. As you leave the first shooting area, there is a "Z" target on the ceiling above you, if you hit the target directly in the center with the laser, you get 100,000 points per hit. There is also a hidden target on the wall in the room that shows you the wall video of the flying Zurg ship.

43) Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland, Cosmic Ray's - There is a garbage can in the cafeteria adjacent to the Grand Prix raceway that is "alive". When a guest throws their food scraps away, the garbage can makes chewing noises and smacks its lips.

44) Magic Kingdom, Tomorrowland, Star Traders/Merchant of Venus - Across from the door is a small grate just below the ceiling. It has some tubes and wires in it, presumably an air conditioner or part of the "Space Age that never was" decor. Every 10-15 minutes or so, the panel behind the grate comes alive, making sounds, bubbling, sparking, and flashing.

45) Disney-MGM Studios, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Inside - At the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids play area, climb the stairs between the garden hose and the slide coming out of a roll of film. There is a dog's nose. Put your hand in the nostrils. The dog sniffs you!

46) Disney-MGM Studios, Indiana Jones, Outside - Just by the Indiana Jones show, there are some crates hidden in the bushes, which are marked 'don't open' - go ahead & open them!

47) Disney-MGM Studios, Muppets, On the way - You'll see a long brick wall to your right as you approach the ride from Star Tours. Along the top of the wall are planters with flowers and such in them. If you follow them along to the very end, the last one has an ice cream sundae in it instead of the flowers. The planter on the wall with the ice cream sundae is actually the first planter after the second entrance to New York Street. But, if you look at the VERY last planter, along the side of the building, you can see that the last one HAD a sundae, but it has "melted".

48) Disney-MGM Studios, Muppets, Pre-show - In the pre-show room of Muppets 3-D there is a net full of green Jell-O hanging from the ceiling. It signifies Annette Funicello. Also look into the rafters up to the left, there is a large picture of a Muppet that is modeled after Jim Henson. One display near the front says "2-D Fruities".

49) Disney-MGM Studios, Muppets, Queue - As you are in the cue to enter the Muppet vision 4D and before you enter the building it is on the brick wall. Look up as you snake along the cue. There is a large diameter pipe which sticks out of the brick wall and then bends 90 degrees down towards the ground (in the shape of Gonzo's nose). Around this pipe, in chalk, the rest of Gonzo's face is drawn in.

50) Disney-MGM Studios, Muppets, Queue - The first door on the right as you enter the turnstiles is the security office. It has a sign hanging, saying "Be back in 5 minutes, Key is under the mat". If you stop and lift up the mat, there is a real key underneath imbedded into the carpet.

51) Disney-MGM Studios, Star Tours, Queue - Take a look at the boxes circulating over you in the second queue area, as you head up the ramp to your shuttle to Endor. They are all stenciled with letters and numbers, such as "PAD 61257" and "KMS 81850". These stand for the initials and birthdates of Imagineers who worked on the attraction.

52) Disney-MGM Studios, Star Tours, Queue - While waiting in line at Star Tours, listen for an announcement requesting a "Egroeg Sacul"

53) Disney-MGM Studios, streets, New York - On the street in the New York neighborhood you can hear gangsters talking and gun shots inside the buildings.

54) Disney-MGM Studios, Streets - In Disney-MGM Studios there is an armored car on the side of the street. On the passenger side, under one of the foot steps, there is a lever. It is supposed to activate some hydraulics that make it look like you are lifting the car.

55) Disney-MGM Studios, Tower of Terror, Queue - There is a little board just as you exit the lobby to go into the basement queue part. Some of the letters have "fallen off." They spell "evil tower u r doomed." (Update following Reply #9 - This is not always there, it comes and goes based of cast members.)

56) Disney-MGM Studios, Indiana Jones, Out Front - At the well outside pull on the rope that's dropped inside and listen.

57) Disney-MGM Studios, Near LMAX, New York - Find umbrella on lamp post. Stand underneath. It rains.

58) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Tony's Town Square Pizza - Find Lady and the Tramp's paw prints in front of the stairs at Tony's.

59) Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Sir Mickey's Shop - Look at where the roof meets the walls. You will see Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk peeking into the shop.

60) Magic Kingdom, Fantasyland, Tinkerbell's Treasures - Peek in the top left keyhole in the dresser to see if you can find Tinker Bell.

CoffeeJedi

great list!
i tried to do this for my last trip, but it was nowhere near as extensive, and i didn't have all the locations

i do believe i'm going to take a copy for myself! you don't seem to have alot of Animal Kingdom secrets though, was that a lack of interest or information?

RE: #30, i believe its not a shilloette so much as a spooky light that moves from window to window

metscool

Great list. Could you make it any longer. I will try it when I go down in 3 days. Another to the list of things to do.

PencilTest

Goodness gee. That's some list.
adamcav said:
55) Disney-MGM Studios, Tower of Terror, Queue - There is a little board just as you exit the lobby to go into the basement queue part. Some of the letters have "fallen off." They spell "evil tower."
Right off the top of my head, the "evil tower u r doomed" phrase was missing when I was there about a month ago. From what I understand, sometimes it's there and sometimes it ain't.

Have fun!

Action0286

adamcav said:
55) Disney-MGM Studios, Tower of Terror, Queue - There is a little board just as you exit the lobby to go into the basement queue part. Some of the letters have "fallen off." They spell "evil tower."

Actually the last time I was at Tower, last Easter, the "evil tower ur doomed" letters were gone. Don't know if they put them back or not.

adamcav

Original Poster
The lack of Animal Kingdom elements if purely a lack of information not interest. Hopefully I can rustle up a few AK things to add to the list before the tirp.

I can't believe the "Evil Tower U R Doomed" message is gone. Last time I saw it I didn't take a picture of it and now I'm kicking myself. :fork:

CrashNet

What a good list! While I knew about some of those, I'm kindof anxious to check out the others. Something about the red buttons in Italy really intrigues me. Probably because I'm one of those overly curious people. :lol:

I'm going to take this list with me next time I visit. Thanks, and I'd love to see the other 20 if you have time.

As for the "Evil Tower U R Doomed" its there sometimes and not others. From what I understand, its an element created by CMs over the years and was never approved by Imagineering, so when Imagineers come to do quality inspections, it disappears for a little while. I, however, could be completely wrong about this as I have heard this and don't know it for a fact.

Nut4Disney

The umbrella with the rain at MGM was not working in April when I went, but it has worked in the past for me. You can also find more at HiddenMickeys.org.

Jerm

adamcav said:
29) Magic Kingdom, Liberty Square, Haunted Mansion - A wedding ring is embedded in cement on the floor outside of the Haunted Mansion as you exit.

Most of them are great some are a bit dated and may not still be around. But the one above is in fact false, the ring that is in the ground in the exit is in fact a old post hole. They removed the post forever ago but kept the hole in case they ever had to put anything in it again.

I know there are a ton of sites with some great stuff like that, the hiddenmickeys one will never get old. Also there is a book out, I think it is called 101 things you never knew about WDW? It has some great stuff and a lot of things you would never notice unless you got that book.

J

MissM

36) Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Train Station - When you first enter Disney World's Magic Kingdom, walk under the train station where the lockers are. Facing Cinderella Castle, look for a door on the right just before you exit from under the station. Open this door and get a look at the Mural on the wall.
The train station was renovated a year or so ago. The stroller rental is under there now and it's entirely different from how it used to be. This one, if it once was valid, wouldn't be any longer.
-m

Since1976

Yikes, there are so many Hidden Things at WDW, universities could offer a doctorate on their study...

I'm considering getting the WDW Trivia Book before my next trip...

autumndawn1006

Haven't seen it myself, but a friend who just went said you can wake up Tinkerbell at one of the shops on Main Street if you are the first one there by opening a jewelry box. Anyone have more info on this?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
autumndawn1006 said:
Haven't seen it myself, but a friend who just went said you can wake up Tinkerbell at one of the shops on Main Street if you are the first one there by opening a jewelry box. Anyone have more info on this?
You wake up Tinkerbell at Tinkerbell's Treasures behind the castle. You will need to get to the park before it opens and make a bee line for the castle as soon as you are let in. Go through the gates and the store is on the left as you exit the castle. Ask the cast member in the store if you can wake Tink and they will take care of it from there.

SewIn2Disney

I have a thread I created about a year ago devoted to this. Scroll to post #23 where I take all of the little known secrets from post #1, and I seperate them by park to make it easier to find something.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=52628&highlight=Little+known+secrets

I printed it out, and brought it into the park with me to check off items as I found them.

Just as an aside, this list was made over a year ago, so some things may have been moved or removed.

SOLISIMO

Number 8 is somewhat incorrect. When the artist was done doing the mural, he/she wanted to sign it, Disney would not let them or she did not want to ruin it with a signature ( I cant remember) so she put a green stone I believe somewhere near the doors of the land so that she knew it was her's, and the reason it was a green stone was b/c it was his/her daughter's birth stone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom