Hidden/Secret/Unknown/Unseen Disney List

iheartdisney91

wow and i thought i knew alot about disney world lol. i nver knew bout the whole water fountain crown thing, are you sure abou the people walking by the windows in HM?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
this year when i went to WDW the guy on the boat told us some intresting facts and secrets about the swan and dolphin hotel

- the swan and dolphin hotels are switched. the dolphin was supposed to be the swan and the swan was supposed to be the dolphin. thats why the outside of the swan has waves and the outside of the dolphin has tropical leaves. they placed those huge statues on top of the hotels on the wrong buildings and they were so heavy they didnt feel like moving them again.

-the swan and dolphin were going to have monorails going through them. thats why there are those black windows in the middle. if they ever want to build a monrail there. they can take those rooms out and just build it. those rooms are built with some special constructional thing, i forget what its called though.[/QUOTE]

The monorail thing is a long standing urban myth that to the best of my understanding is not true. I have seen very good drawings actually showing that, and various CM's will repeat it, but the space in truth is not big enough and there were never any real plans for it during the construction.

wow and i thought i knew alot about disney world lol. i nver knew bout the whole water fountain crown thing, are you sure abou the people walking by the windows in HM?

Well, you can't really say if they are people or not...but there is periodic movement in the upper floor windows. :lookaroun

Buford

Number 8 is somewhat incorrect. When the artist was done doing the mural, he/she wanted to sign it, Disney would not let them or she did not want to ruin it with a signature ( I cant remember) so she put a green stone I believe somewhere near the doors of the land so that she knew it was her's, and the reason it was a green stone was b/c it was his/her daughter's birth stone.

it's a he -- Walt Peregoy.... who did lots of concept work for Future World and left his legacy with the Land pavilion and original Imagination pavilion.... also did a lot of work as a background artist for Disney in the 60s....

Disney did not physically produce the tiles -- the manufacturing/construction was contracted out to another company... I believe it was based out of the Tampa area....but now I'm just rambling :D

Peregoy maintains that the tiles cannot be removed without physically removing the actual structure of some of the Land pavilion exterior that display these tiles...... which, if true, may explain why the tiles are still there today......

iheartdisney91

this year when i went to WDW the guy on the boat told us some intresting facts and secrets about the swan and dolphin hotel

- the swan and dolphin hotels are switched. the dolphin was supposed to be the swan and the swan was supposed to be the dolphin. thats why the outside of the swan has waves and the outside of the dolphin has tropical leaves. they placed those huge statues on top of the hotels on the wrong buildings and they were so heavy they didnt feel like moving them again.

-the swan and dolphin were going to have monorails going through them. thats why there are those black windows in the middle. if they ever want to build a monrail there. they can take those rooms out and just build it. those rooms are built with some special constructional thing, i forget what its called though.[/QUOTE]

The monorail thing is a long standing urban myth that to the best of my understanding is not true. I have seen very good drawings actually showing that, and various CM's will repeat it, but the space in truth is not big enough and there were never any real plans for it during the construction.

Well, you can't really say if they are people or not...but there is periodic movement in the upper floor windows. :lookaroun

well i meant like supposed to be people so let me rephrase

wow i never saw any movement i only saw a candel flicker thats it

Mecha Figment

You are infact correct. the swan and dolphin were never intended to have monorails. The space that is commonly refered to on them as being the intneded monorail area is in fact a signature for the architect who designed the two hotels.

polarboi

Wow... lots of resurrected old threads today... :lookaroun

But while we're debunking myths, let's tackle this one:

- the swan and dolphin hotels are switched. the dolphin was supposed to be the swan and the swan was supposed to be the dolphin.

It's a great story, and you'll hear it all the time. But it's just not true. Both the Swan and the Dolphin have thematic elements that tie each of them to the other. This has led people to invent stories about how they were accidentally switched. Nevertheless, they were, in fact, designed that way from the beginning.

AllEarsNet had an "Anita Answer" column on that topic a few months back, as I recall.

-p.b. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom