Hidden mickey plates in HM gone

sweetpee_1993

Having taken the tour last week, you are correct about the photographs underneath the plates. :)

I'd love to know from a CM or someone "in the know" if the pictures under the place settings is true. I mean, I enjoyed our KttK tour and found everything our guide had to say quite fascinating. However, a good bit of what she said you pretty much had to take her word for. It's not that I think the guides have some random hobby of feeding guests complete whoppers but in retrospect, especially when things like this come up, it would be really great if the info or the little stories could be validated by an additional source. As totally entertaining as they are, I wonder how far Disney would go to make a tour really amazing with fabulous little stories infused. So, I have this mental checklist that I revisit when subjects related to the stories we were told come up so I can seek further verification to what we were told. Crazy, I know. But I wonder...... :animwink:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think the whole hidden mickey thing is a great magical touch. People dont have to look for them if they don't want to. I've seen kids think something is a hidden mickey that clearly isnt, yet that look of magic is still in their face. I love asking cast members if there any new ones to look for on a ride. Or when my wife is buying something in a gift shop I will stare at the ceilings or murals on the walls looking for one. It's innocent fun (even if it has become commercialized.) It's fun to revisit one and see if its still there. It makes you look aroumd more, which I think has helped me notice more of the great detail that goes into everything they build. And if you do enjoy them, its a great feeling to spot one (without using the book). There's even a hidden Michael Jackson at Animal Kingdom that's pretty cool to see. I don't think any of it takes away from the attractions. It gives them more character. It makes it all a little more magical. (at least for some)

The Empress Lilly

To my liking, hidden Mickey ears are to design what Where's Waldo is to Van Gogh. The last thing I want to do when looking at Van Goghs is to try to find 'hidden missing ears'. In a way, they prevent, at least distract, you from looking at exactly why you want to look at something in the first place.

But to each his own. I do however wish armchair imagineering CMs would not re-arrange props to plus an attraction into a Where's Waldo game.

I believe that at the HM it is a tradition, a game, of CM's to (playfully) work up the Imagineers by re-re-re-arranging the plates all the time. It's somewhat funny.

rpk4444

I think the whole hidden mickey thing is a great magical touch. People dont have to look for them if they don't want to. I've seen kids think something is a hidden mickey that clearly isnt, yet that look of magic is still in their face. I love asking cast members if there any new ones to look for on a ride. Or when my wife is buying something in a gift shop I will stare at the ceilings or murals on the walls looking for one. It's innocent fun (even if it has become commercialized.) It's fun to revisit one and see if its still there. It makes you look aroumd more, which I think has helped me notice more of the great detail that goes into everything they build. And if you do enjoy them, its a great feeling to spot one (without using the book). There's even a hidden Michael Jackson at Animal Kingdom that's pretty cool to see. I don't think any of it takes away from the attractions. It gives them more character. It makes it all a little more magical. (at least for some)

I couldn't have said this better myself. Great take on the whole Hidden Mickey" thing.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really!!! Can you divulge where it is at?? Do you have any pictures??

Thanks,
CoasterKing
:king:

It is in one of the last rooms in the Que. There is a painting on the wall that has some villagers in a river. Michael Jackson is among them. He has a red collar shirt on and his hand is in the air with the silver sequin glove he used to wear. We would have never seen it if it weren't for a cast member who saw us looking for hidden mickeys and pointed it out. She said "the art work came from Nepal and the artist who made it was a fan and had put it in there and Disney never noticed it". I Dnt know if thats true, its just what we were told. I have a picture of it in our old camera. I will try and find it and post it.

CoasterKing

It is in one of the last rooms in the Que. There is a painting on the wall that has some villagers in a river. Michael Jackson is among them. He has a red collar shirt on and his hand is in the air with the silver sequin glove he used to wear. We would have never seen it if it weren't for a cast member who saw us looking for hidden mickeys and pointed it out. She said "the art work came from Nepal and the artist who made it was a fan and had put it in there and Disney never noticed it". I Dnt know if thats true, its just what we were told. I have a picture of it in our old camera. I will try and find it and post it.

Thanks for the reply!! Been a big fan of his music. Which que are you referring to though??

Thanks again,
CoasterKing

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We were in the "regular" line. We didn't do fastpass or anything. I haven't ridden it in the last few visits and can't remember how the lines are grouped. It was towards the end of the line right before they split you into groups for the ride.

CoasterKing

We were in the "regular" line. We didn't do fastpass or anything. I haven't ridden it in the last few visits and can't remember how the lines are grouped. It was towards the end of the line right before they split you into groups for the ride.

Which ride??

CoasterKing

Thrill Seeker

It'll be back. It was never an official hidden Mickey. Imagineering always fixes the plates when they stop by the Mansion and CMs always set them back as the hidden mickey...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom