Hi-res photos of the TRON monorail

miles1

I think it looks cool as a temporary thing, but I wonder what the dark color will do for the air conditioning load on that train in the hot summer sun. It might be a "hot ride" to EPCOT, but not in a good way.

_Scar

I think it looks cool as a temporary thing, but I wonder what the dark color will do for the air conditioning load on that train in the hot summer sun. It might be a "hot ride" to EPCOT, but not in a good way.

I can only imagine the "hot ride" to EPCOT in a good way.... :lookaroun

WDW Monorail

It is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. But I still am sick of advertisements on the monorails. This needs to stop.

But I'll take Tron any day over the balloons, fairy puke, and Stitch.

I don't see the problem with it. I see buses and trains all the time with advertising wraps. It looks really good.

Kind of like how NASCAR vehicles looking great with sponsor decals. Unsponsored or plain cars... not so much.

ttalovebug

Really not trying to be negative, but I do not like this. I can't believe everybody is so pumped about it. It's a monorail wrapped with a sticker. There's nothing innovative, creative or exceptional about it. If you think it looks cool, OK then. But it's not a genius idea. I suppose if it were any other movie, it would be the second coming of the BAH. But everyone likes TRON, so it's okay. :shrug:

It's only temporary, so whatever. But I really hope they don't do it again with the next big release.

I prefer the yellow side.

imagineer boy

I don't see the problem with it. I see buses and trains all the time with advertising wraps. It looks really good.

Kind of like how NASCAR vehicles looking great with sponsor decals. Unsponsored or plain cars... not so much.

But that's the thing, the monorails shouldn't feel like some crummy city bus that's plastered with advertisments. They (like everything else in WDW) shouldn't remind you of the real world and should feel clean and futuristic.

Rinx

HATE IT' HATE IT' HATE IT'. Did I forget to mention that I HATE IT'. They will be sorry when they take the sticker off and have to deal with the damage done to the Monorail exteriors by the sticker.

You're AWESOME....just awesome! :sohappy: couldn't have said it any better myself.

Thorphin

Has anyone actually ridden one of these? Regardless of whether you like the look of the vehicle wraps, if the windows are wrapped, the rider's experience is diminished. My city transit system has a full wrap bus and the decals block sooooo much light. The celebration balloon stickers on the monorail were bad enough - they block the beautiful highway in the sky view for the rider, not to mention making photography really difficult. I would expect the interior of the TRON monorails to be dark and dreary...and covered with lots of tiny little dots.

Main Street USA

I think they look good from the outside. Sleek.

My only worry is the darkness on the interior. Monorails have windows for a reason. Having a half-blocked view of the beautiful landscapes of Epcot, MK, Seven Seas, and other things is kinda bad.

toolsnspools

Anything that gets the monorail beams cleaned and the monorail painted is a good thing. The fact that it's advertising doesn't bother me. If you don't like in your face advertising, EPCOTs got to be a tough day for you already.

I like the white side myself.

Now if they could only get the monorail up to 120mph from the TTC to EPCOT.... :lol:

chevymalibumn

I took some shots last night at dusk. I thought I would share. It sort of caught me off guard.
DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

Yensid40

Lame question but...

If there are two of these that are identical, what are the radio calls? Are they still identified by their original stripe?

chevymalibumn

Just a note. It is infact one monorail with the Blue Bike on one side and the yellow bike on the other. Easy mistake as you can only take a picture of one side at a time.

TDF

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Best post award!!!

I second that...

It's interesting, I think it was a bad movie choice though. I'm definitely not a fan because god knows how long it will remain up. I am a fan of fully painted monorails though. :brick: - nods -

muteki

While I can understand the argument to keep the monorails in their original clean appearance, I gave up on that a long time ago. If I am choosing between tacky mouse balloon stickers and Tron cycles I will take the latter over the former any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom