Hi-res photos of the TRON monorail

degunter

Just One Monorail

So reading through this post, it is not clear... Is Monorail Coral they ONLY Monorail that is getting the TRON overlay.

I guess I assumed from previous posts there would be two... one blue and one yellow... but since it appears Monorail Coral is blue on one side and yellow on the other, then does that mean this is the only one?

It does not look bad and at least it is only temporary. Still 5000% better than the Castle/Cake!!!

grumpytodd

I like the new look. I'm guessing it's a wrap and not a paint job. As a sign guy who does vehicle wraps, I like the look. The best thing about it, when they're done, they can just peel it off.

Saoirse1916

Wow, I think it looks cool -- and it's neat that only one of them has that paint job...I'm sure people will be happy to tell their friends back home that they rode on the Tronorail. But the real question is, when are they going to expand the monorail lines into the other parks?

Hahahaha...kidding...just read through this whole thread for kicks. Hey, it's Friday.

devoy1701

So reading through this post, it is not clear... Is Monorail Coral they ONLY Monorail that is getting the TRON overlay.

I guess I assumed from previous posts there would be two... one blue and one yellow... but since it appears Monorail Coral is blue on one side and yellow on the other, then does that mean this is the only one?

It does not look bad and at least it is only temporary. Still 5000% better than the Castle/Cake!!!

two will be getting the Tron decal according to what I've read and what everyone is saying, Coral, and monorail 12 which is not yet out...that's the one that they were rebuilding the 2 cabs for as they were damaged in the accident.

Rosso11

Yes, because neither of those things were futuristic to begin with. :rolleyes:

What an atrocity.

Monorails are far from futuristic. In 1959 when they were first introduced to Disneyland, Yes. 2010 far from it. How can something that was first put into a Disney park over 50 years ago be considered futuristic today?

WDW Monorail

I like the new look. I'm guessing it's a wrap and not a paint job. As a sign guy who does vehicle wraps, I like the look. The best thing about it, when they're done, they can just peel it off.

It's both actually. Each nose was painted and the rest of the cars were done with the decal.

The picture of it with the F&G planter below is spectacular.

wserratore1963

Monorails are far from futuristic. In 1959 when they were first introduced to Disneyland, Yes. 2010 far from it. How can something that was first put into a Disney park over 50 years ago be considered futuristic today?
True but yet after 50 years of being around; they are still WAY COOL! Also there really are not that many in The USA. In fact when i travel and do stumble across one; most people in the US still say something like " oh look a monorail- just like like DL!"

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am shocked at all the positive reviews. I can not believe everyone is so in love with a picture of a motor cycle on the side of the monorail. How ridiculous.

jt04

Exceptional. I'm sure it's creating the intended buzz with the masses. And it should be even better at night. Everyone worried about this becomming routine, I doubt that. It fits the Tron style otherwise I doubt it would have happened.

Way to go TDO :sohappy:

Rosso11

True but yet after 50 years of being around; they are still WAY COOL! Also there really are not that many in The USA. In fact when i travel and do stumble across one; most people in the US still say something like " oh look a monorail- just like like DL!"

I could never deny they weren't cool. Cool they are. Futuristic..not so much. At least Disneyland's new monorails have a much more futuristic "look" to them. Disney World's look pretty dated in comparison.

Actually I wouldn’t be opposed to them painting them permanently in a similar style. Obviously without the advertisement. They do look a lot more futuristic this way then their outdated 80’s paint scheme now.

imagineer boy

It is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. But I still am sick of advertisements on the monorails. This needs to stop.

But I'll take Tron any day over the balloons, fairy puke, and Stitch.

imagineer boy

Exceptional. I'm sure it's creating the intended buzz with the masses. And it should be even better at night. Everyone worried about this becomming routine, I doubt that. It fits the Tron style otherwise I doubt it would have happened.

Way to go TDO :sohappy:

Oh my god jt, do you have to treat everything TDO does like a masterful achievement? :rolleyes: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom