Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

Monorail_Orange

I think NRJ is a much better ride than MF:SR (in terms of the ride itself -- walking through the Falcon etc. is good, but the screen simulator is mediocre at best), but I will still acknowledge that NRJ is roughly half of an actual good ride.
While I see your point, and acknowledge it's all very subjective, I'm basing my opinion on that I have done NRJ exactly once. And that was enough, short of it being a literal walk-on...for not just me, but also my family.

I've done MF:SR several times, and look forward to doing it again. I by no means think MF:SR is the greatest, but I (and my family) have a lot more fun on it, and get much more enjoyment from it than NRJ. To me, MF:SR is the better ride. But again, I completely respect YMMV.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

While I see your point, and acknowledge it's all very subjective, I'm basing my opinion on that I have done NRJ exactly once. And that was enough, short of it being a literal walk-on...for not just me, but also my family.

I've done MF:SR several times, and look forward to doing it again. I by no means think MF:SR is the greatest, but I (and my family) have a lot more fun on it, and get much more enjoyment from it than NRJ. But again, I completely respect YMMV.

I don't think either of them are worth the waits they were getting prior to the shutdown. If the wait times were equal and I had to pick one, I'd pick NRJ without a second thought.

Part of the problem with MF:SR is that the experience can vary wildly depending on who ends up on the ride with you and what positions they get. I personally don't think it's very good regardless (it's just a mediocre video game; could play something much better at home), but it's definitely an issue with the ride, especially considering most people will probably only ride it once or maybe twice during a vacation due to the wait times.

jrhwdw

FOF has Lights now!!!! And TDO would not run it at night after MSEPs fiasco!
A Fiasco that SHOULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED DIFFERENTLY!!!!! After everything the Parks went though for COVID, I 'm a bit more calm about this news..... If COVID never happened and we got this news......

Well............

jrhwdw

We all know the TDL Draw is Dreamlights. However I thought there was a good draw for OUAT/Frozen Forever/Celebrate TDL.... I still don't understand why Celebrate TDL ended for good in April 2019. Sure, Donald's Jungle was nice and all but, start up Celebrate TDL again for Halloween 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

TTA94

Just to clarify, I thought some insiders had said and hinted that a new nighttime parade was in the plans but was waiting on the greenlight? Or was that never true? If it was true obviously I understand under the circumstances it probably got cut or put on the back burner.

And it is or is not a possibility of a borrowed parade? Or would a decision like that not be made or known just yet?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just to clarify, I thought some insiders had said and hinted that a new nighttime parade was in the plans but was waiting on the greenlight? Or was that never true? If it was true obviously I understand under the circumstances it probably got cut or put on the back burner.

And it is or is not a possibility of a borrowed parade? Or would a decision like that not be made or known just yet?
As i understand it, a new night parade for the 50th was planned before this year happened.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Yeah the Japanese in general put a high emphasis on Quality and showmanship whereas the American counterparts are now focused on budget-cuts, price increases, and IP advertisement. Must've gotten to the point where they've become so popular, they think they can get away with this malarkey.
Then why does Godzilla still look like a man in a rubber suit in his newer Japanese movies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom