Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

brb1006

In other words, don't expect the 50th Anniversary to be treated like the the 15th Anniversary (1986) and 25th (1996) Anniversary Celebrations.

The closest was the "Share A Dream Come True Parade" which debuted in 2001 which was not only Walt Disney's 100th Birthday, but Walt Disney World's 30th Anniversary year. So technically, that parade could count as the park's anniversary parade for this and Walt's birthday. (The reskinned "Disney Dreams Come True Parade" and "Celebrate A Dream Come True" don't count) When the parade debuted in 2001, it had an extended show stop section, which later got shortended by 2002 and lasted until the end of 2003. The original version can be seen in this video.

Last edited:

rk03221

WDW is the cash cow of all the Disney parks. No matter the quality, people will spend money. Expect 50th pins, merch and maybe a castle decoration and that’s about it.

Kamikaze

No, not the same source. It's a contract getting pushed back by at least a year that is this source.

But, I live close enough to MK to see the fireworks daily when they are going off. My house is in a community that is very much full of Disney employees. I heard that Tom Sawyer's Island was on the cutting block months ago. If it is not, I am sorry I posted that. But I still think it is. This forum is for rumors, feel free to ignore me...

Disney doesn't have employees.

Kamikaze

WDW is the cash cow of all the Disney parks. No matter the quality, people will spend money. Expect 50th pins, merch and maybe a castle decoration and that’s about it.

The castle decoration is whats happening now (or did they finish?). Maybe they'll throw a '50th' symbol in front.

TTA94

Well the only floats to repurpose that’s a night parade would be MSEP or PTN. If there talking about repurposing floats Not in the US, like old Dreamlights floats or Fantillusion... that would be a acceptable replacement for brand new floats IMO.

Mainahman

Tokyo has an array of parades they offer throughout the year. It's embarrassing how terrible WDW is in this category. Disney spends money left and right on so many things but parades & entertainment just isn't one of them these days. Shame.
Funny what Disney can do, when someone else pays the bill...

Piebald

The floats we have compared to what they have in Tokyo is an outright embarrassment. To the point where we wont show our children the Tokyo parade on youtube.
I've said it a million times, if you have the means you're better off spending like 3 days in Tokyo Disney than spending a full week at WDW. If WDW is a really good cheeseburger, then TDR is filet mignon with lobster tail.

Ldno

If they want to retheme Splash into New Orleans themed ride for sure, I imagine all of Frontierland including Country bear, Tom Sawyer will go not a rumor, just speculation in WDW, in Disneyland they can pull it off since Pirates, haunted mansion and Splash are right next to each other in a new orleans themed area anyways, WDW is the big focus, crazy to see what will happen to thunder mountain if they go that route

Brer Panther

I've said it a million times, if you have the means you're better off spending like 3 days in Tokyo Disney than spending a full week at WDW. If WDW is a really good cheeseburger, then TDR is filet mignon with lobster tail.
I will say this, though - if you're like me and you can't afford that filet mignon with lobster tail, you'd probably still like a really good cheeseburger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom