Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

Giss Neric

I wonder, (when the parks begin taking the noose off of attendance and are open into evening hours), if the Cavalcade idea would work as a nighttime offering- (with a gazillion lights strung on each of them).
I have to believe one of the worst things in the world is to be a CM directing traffic before and after ANY parade... and it looks as if the Cavalcade has eliminated this issue (as well as the cost of tape)
I think what would work better is cavalcades only on daytime then fireworks night time, but no projection castle show so people won't be on the hub. Only fireworks that can be viewed everywhere in the park.

brb1006

Whenever we get a new parade, I hope it’s the same team that already works on Tokyo and the MK, and not the crack team Disney threw together for Sh*t Happens—I mean, Magic Happens—at DL. That thing is ugly from start to finish.

But I also wouldn’t mind keeping Festival of Fantasy and adding two or three new units. FOF is a really good parade!

MSEP Dreamlights or Spectromagic Dreamlights should take priority. The MK needs a night parade to glow through the streets and restore the evening magic. It’s also a natural crowd controller.
I will give the Magic Happens Parade credit for actually giving love to their older films from the 60s and 70s era with "The Sword In The Stone" float. Usually Paris and Tokyo would give love to films from that era. But it's rarely done at WDW and DL since they mainly focus on films from the Renaissance Era and stuff from the Walt Era (and recently Pixar).
IMG_3927.jpg

Last edited:

brb1006

I wonder, (when the parks begin taking the noose off of attendance and are open into evening hours), if the Cavalcade idea would work as a nighttime offering- (with a gazillion lights strung on each of them).
I have to believe one of the worst things in the world is to be a CM directing traffic before and after ANY parade... and it looks as if the Cavalcade has eliminated this issue (as well as the cost of tape)
I remember Disneyland Paris has done some evening calacades on special occasions.

TTA94

Not exactly in favor of a short parade but it might be MKs best option for crowd control. PTN I believe was shorter than MSEP correct? Spectro was the longest for MK? I know Tokyo’s Dreamlights is definitely the longest nighttime parade.

A parade similar to Tokyo’s rainy night parade might work for MK, as far as length.

techgeek

I think what would work better is cavalcades only on daytime then fireworks night time, but no projection castle show so people won't be on the hub. Only fireworks that can be viewed everywhere in the park.

I think the idea of 'random atmospheric fireworks' is an interesting one. Instead of firing off a couple hundred shells in a structured 15 minute show, spread them out over the course of an hour or two and fire randomly from the full circle of launch points. Every 10 seconds or so a shell bursts somewhere surrounding you, creating random viewing moments while encouraging walking around and enjoying outdoor attractions. Throw on some upbeat party-vibe music loop park-wide and you've got a whole nighttime event that can play to the entire park instead of just the hub.

brb1006

Not exactly in favor of a short parade but it might be MKs best option for crowd control. PTN I believe was shorter than MSEP correct? Spectro was the longest for MK? I know Tokyo’s Dreamlights is definitely the longest nighttime parade.

A parade similar to Tokyo’s rainy night parade might work for MK, as far as length.
The Disneyland version of Paint The Night had 8 floats (Title Float, Monsters Inc, Little Mermaid, Cars, Toy Story, Princess Unite, Frozen, Mickey finale)

Main Street Electrical Parade currently has 16 floats (minus the second half of the Pleasure Island section and the Dumbo section axed)

And a correction on Spectromagic, that parade is actually the longest electrical in the US Disney Parks. (Since the parade had 30 floats)

tirian

I will give the Magic Happens Parade credit for actually giving love to their older films from the 60s and 70s era with "The Sword In The Stone" float. Usually Paris and Tokyo would give love to films from that era. But it's rarely done at WDW and DL since they mainly focus on films from the Renaissance Era and stuff from the Walt Era (and recently Pixar).
IMG_3927.jpg
People keep saying that, and I would agree except it’s still not an impressive float. :confused:

Imagine if that were part of a bigger “Magic” unit as part of a new night parade! :)

_caleb

I think the idea of 'random atmospheric fireworks' is an interesting one. Instead of firing off a couple hundred shells in a structured 15 minute show, spread them out over the course of an hour or two and fire randomly from the full circle of launch points. Every 10 seconds or so a shell bursts somewhere surrounding you, creating random viewing moments while encouraging walking around and enjoying outdoor attractions. Throw on some upbeat party-vibe music loop park-wide and you've got a whole nighttime event that can play to the entire park instead of just the hub.
This sounds like a great idea. It’s funny, when I was growing up, this is what I thought the Disney parks actually did. The commercials on TV made it seem like fireworks everywhere all the time.

brb1006

People keep saying that, and I would agree except it’s still not an impressive float. :confused:

Imagine if that were part of a bigger “Magic” unit as part of a new night parade! :)
Don't care if the float's not impressive, I'm just glad the US Disney Parks finally gave some representation to a movie not from the Renaissance era or Pixar. It's starting to become predictable as a result.

tirian

Don't care if the float's not impressive, I'm just glad the US Disney Parks finally gave some representation to a movie not from the Renaissance era or Pixar. It's starting to become predictable as a result.
You mean you don’t like Magical Wishes of Magic Dreams from a Whole New World in a Magical Tale as Old as Time?! Wish? Dream?

;)

It is nice to see them branch out.

MaximumEd

They wouldn’t want to run the rooftop sprinklers and keep folks on fire watch for two plus hours every night.

techgeek

They wouldn’t want to run the rooftop sprinklers and keep folks on fire watch for two plus hours every night.

Oh, I agree it’s not a particularly practical idea... but then again, the history of the Walt Disney company is dotted with interesting examples of things that weren’t particularly practical. I guess the question is if the future will be as well...

doctornick

Kind of reminds me of the Tree of Life Awakenings (which I think are great)

UNCgolf

That float looks pretty bad, but absolutely agreed. Sword in the Stone was great. Robin Hood was a lot of fun. The Rescuers was good enough that they eventually made a sequel. Even a massively successful movie like the Jungle Book has almost no representation. Branch out a little, Disney.

tirian

That float looks pretty bad, but absolutely agreed. Sword in the Stone was great. Robin Hood was a lot of fun. The Rescuers was good enough that they eventually made a sequel. Even a massively successful movie like the Jungle Book has almost no representation. Branch out a little, Disney.
The Jungle Book had a unit throughout the 80s and 90s. Robin Hood and the Rescuers often walked in parades too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom