Hi, long time no talk. New 50th parade cancelled.

ToTBellHop

No offense to anyone, but I guess we will believe a nighttime parade, in some way shape or form, is coming to MK when one of our trusted insiders @marni1971 @MansionButler84 @Magic Feather, to name a few, says it is.
If I had to guess, given the circumstances, it’s to early yet for any insiders to know for sure what’s going to happen. Heck even those in charge at Disney may not even know yet. Depending on how things go in the coming months, maybe late this year we might know more in regards to next years plans?
I do not expect a nighttime parade for the 50th now. Updates to HEA and hopefully a replacement for the daytime parade, but who knows right now. Crowded entertainment is not a focus right now.

Magic Feather

I do not expect a nighttime parade for the 50th now. Updates to HEA and hopefully a replacement for the daytime parade, but who knows right now. Crowded entertainment is not a focus right now.
I didn't really expect a night parade before COVID, let alone after/during. I'd probably just expect to see updates to HEA and FoF that directly link to the 50th (Perhaps a new opening unit/float for FoF). A bunch of entertainment projects are being thrown onto the backburner at the moment.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No offense to anyone, but I guess we will believe a nighttime parade, in some way shape or form, is coming to MK when one of our trusted insiders @marni1971 @MansionButler84 @Magic Feather, to name a few, says it is.
If I had to guess, given the circumstances, it’s to early yet for any insiders to know for sure what’s going to happen. Heck even those in charge at Disney may not even know yet. Depending on how things go in the coming months, maybe late this year we might know more in regards to next years plans?
The way they’re talking I wouldn’t be shocked to see FoF with fairy lights.

Rbenz81

It's just crazy to think that Spectromagic last ran in May 2010 and here we are 10 years later with no replacement in sight for a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom. With this Covid shutdown and penny pinchers running things now, we'll be lucky if we get specialty cupcakes and t-shirts for the 50th.

ryguy

Does this mean Candlelight Processional probably not happening this year?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does this mean Candlelight Processional probably not happening this year?

Not with full choirs. They could plexiglass maybe sixteen mic'd professionals and a good number of instrumentalists. But that would be it.

So, there could be a show, but no actual Candlelight Procession (not that they used actual candles, or the place was candlelit, or that there was an actual 'procession'... since all they did was walk on stage).

ToTBellHop

Not with full choirs. They could plexiglass maybe sixteen mic'd professionals and a good number of instrumentalists. But that would be it.

So, there could be a show, but no actual Candlelight Procession (not that they used actual candles, or the place was candlelit, or that there was an actual 'procession'... since all they did was walk on stage).
1594254999942.gif

Obobru

LiterallyAnybody could she guessed this. Hardly news since no parade was announced.

The quality of threads here has gone down hill over the years.

Wildstar

Tokyo has an array of parades they offer throughout the year. It's embarrassing how terrible WDW is in this category. Disney spends money left and right on so many things but parades & entertainment just isn't one of them these days. Shame.
You hit the nail on the head unfortunately since college program is no more they usually provide security during parade times as extra hands with people not being in groups there trying to limit the exposure of CV 19. There is 31 + Publix supermarket grocery stores with CV 19 my store was 31 in Pensacola and we have employees hit with CV 19. when we ask for you to put on a simple mask for a few hours were not asking much. The next time you come in to a Publix supermarket store if you refuse to mask up we will refuse to serve you. You may be tear gassed tasered or arrested and that actually may not be by the police as well. alot of Publix supermarket is private security food industry as secondary profession.

_caleb

Bids were put in back in 2017. Contracts were awarded much after that. And yes, there is always small print in contracts that things can be cancelled or pushed back.
Thanks. I'm curious, in the case of WDW's anniversary parade floats, was the contract cancelled, or pushed back? What makes you sure cancellation of the float contract means no parade for the 50th? Had your company already begun to build the modular floats?

Miru

Yeah the Japanese in general put a high emphasis on Quality and showmanship whereas the American counterparts are now focused on budget-cuts, price increases, and IP advertisement. Must've gotten to the point where they've become so popular, they think they can get away with this malarkey.
Pretty sure that’s the case here. And Disney fully buying the Paris resort sealed that one’s fate, sadly. We haven’t had original content since... Habit Heroes of all things. What a sour note to end on. Also, it’s not all doom and gloom; while Pixar Pier is ugly as sin, Mission Breakout’s scant handful of practical effects may be painful, but it’s mostly DCA getting the absolute worst, as rides like Navi River Journey are still fairly good.

LiterallyNobody

Original Poster
Thanks. I'm curious, in the case of WDW's anniversary parade floats, was the contract cancelled, or pushed back? What makes you sure cancellation of the float contract means no parade for the 50th? Had your company already begun to build the modular floats?

Pushed back as far as I know, not cancelled. And we don't do entire floats, just components. We could do entire floats, but don't have a contract for that.

Monorail_Orange

Pretty sure that’s the case here. And Disney fully buying the Paris resort sealed that one’s fate, sadly. We haven’t had original content since... Habit Heroes of all things. What a sour note to end on. Also, it’s not all doom and gloom; while Pixar Pier is ugly as sin, Mission Breakout’s scant handful of practical effects may be painful, but it’s mostly DCA getting the absolute worst, as rides like Navi River Journey are still fairly good.
I find it curious that you would select NRJ as an example of "still fairly good." I will certainly agree the visuals are stunning, but other than the eye candy, I was wholly unimpressed (and I don't think I'm alone in that assessment). OTOH, I would argue MF:SR is still fairly good, and RSR in DCA still being top-shelf.

Miru

I find it curious that you would select NRJ as an example of "still fairly good." I will certainly agree the visuals are stunning, but other than the eye candy, I was wholly unimpressed (and I don't think I'm alone in that assessment). OTOH, I would argue MF:SR is still fairly good, and RSR in DCA still being top-shelf.

Due to the prominence of animatronic figures alongside screens, rather than screens replacing them like Universal.

UNCgolf

I think NRJ is a much better ride than MF:SR (in terms of the ride itself -- walking through the Falcon etc. is good, but the screen simulator is mediocre at best), but I will still acknowledge that NRJ is roughly half of an actual good ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom