Heroes

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Also...do you think this is just a coincidence or what...

The smallest particle that started everything is called...an atom. Atom...Adam...hmmmm...

Timmay

Also...do you think this is just a coincidence or what...

The smallest particle that started everything is called...an atom. Atom...Adam...hmmmm...

I think you will find Adam's name has more to do with the first Adam...as in Adam and Eve. I won't be shocked if all the others are "descendents" of Adam.

nighttimewisher

It came far too late. But the last 2 are apparently the best they have ever made, so fingers crossed.

Wasnt overly thrilled with this one, didnt take much away from it.
Just one thing, if Adam looked in the mirror, would he see a really really old man? When Nathan looks in teh mirror, it seems he sees what he was like without Adam's blood...

Oh and on the point of copying and not enjoying...
I've been let down by all these things in the past, such as movie adaptations. Recently, I have lerant to take each thing as a stand-alone and not bring into play what has influenced it or what it was adapted from. Taking it at face value helps you see whats good about it, rather than where it let the origional down

However, its also true that as fans, I think we wear rose-tinted glasses, and miss the flaws an outside observer can see.

I think you will find Adam's name has more to do with the first Adam...as in Adam and Eve. I won't be shocked if all the others are "descendents" of Adam.

I heard a good one the other day, "heroes is the most inbred society I have ever seen"

nighttimewisher

Well i thought that was a pretty emotional episode this week! I really enjoyed it and was annoyed in the last 5mins but then overjoyed by the cliffhanger! very good :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Well i thought that was a pretty emotional episode this week! I really enjoyed it and was annoyed in the last 5mins but then overjoyed by the cliffhanger! very good :sohappy:

Ya know what's funny...this season has had VERY minimal Sylar...and the two immigrant twins. Did they give up on that storyline due to the strike? I'm wondering if the scenes for that storyline were chopped out and replaced with other scenes for now...and will come around again next season. Also...that "copycat" girl just seemed to disappear too.

ImaYoyo

Ya know what's funny...this season has had VERY minimal Sylar...and the two immigrant twins. Did they give up on that storyline due to the strike? I'm wondering if the scenes for that storyline were chopped out and replaced with other scenes for now...and will come around again next season. Also...that "copycat" girl just seemed to disappear too.
Yeah, Sylar killed her off pretty quick.

nighttimewisher

Sylar and the twins are in the next episode. They seem to be focusing on a few of the heroes each episode rather than checking in with everyone like in season 1

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Sylar and the twins are in the next episode. They seem to be focusing on a few of the heroes each episode rather than checking in with everyone like in season 1

I think I would rather have them just left off of the map for this shortened season and just continue their storyline next season so they aren't forgotten with the main storyline (the virus) being the focus.

k.hunter30

I'm confused. Is next week's episode the complete end of season 2? Will it not start back up again until next fall? Other than "Lost," I was not aware of a show that had such few episodes in one season... Why is this?

dandaman

^Writer's strike. Heroes was actually one of very few shows that planned ahead and shot a mini-season finale, in case they had to use it. Good decision, given the current state of bitterness between the two negotiating parties.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
I'm confused. Is next week's episode the complete end of season 2? Will it not start back up again until next fall? Other than "Lost," I was not aware of a show that had such few episodes in one season... Why is this?

The Writer's Strike.

Yes, the end of Season 2 is next week. The season was cut short and reworked. Originally Season 2 was a 2-parter (with two different "arcs"). The first arc, "Generations" ends next week. Due to the writer's strike, they have no more episodes completely written therefore they have no new episodes to air. Prior to the strike going into affect, Tim Kring rewrote next week's episode so that it will act as a season finale.

The second arc was suppose to start up after their normal "middle of the season break." Also, a "offshoot" miniseries called "Heroes:Origins" was to air during this break. So, in essence...we would have no break from Heroes...(just a break from the continuing story) but again, due to the strike...that's not going to happen.

You'll see this across the board with MANY shows. There will be no new "Heroes" until the writer's strike ends...which people say could last months...or even over an entire year.

k.hunter30

The Writer's Strike.

Yes, the end of Season 2 is next week. The season was cut short and reworked. Originally Season 2 was a 2-parter (with two different "arcs"). The first arc, "Generations" ends next week. Due to the writer's strike, they have no more episodes completely written therefore they have no new episodes to air. Prior to the strike going into affect, Tim Kring rewrote next week's episode so that it will act as a season finale.

You'll see this across the board with MANY shows. There will be no new "Heroes" until the writer's strike ends...which people say could last months...or even over an entire year.
Ahhh... Yes, I was aware of the writer's strike and how it will cause shows to have to go into re-runs. Though I thought we'd just be left hanging with all of them. I guess I should be thankful that Heroes thought ahead, as much as I want to keep watching throughout spring 08.

I wonder then what all this means for shows like "Lost" and "24." Will they even see a season this 07-08 year...?:shrug:

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Ahhh... Yes, I was aware of the writer's strike and how it will cause shows to have to go into re-runs. Though I thought we'd just be left hanging with all of them. I guess I should be thankful that Heroes thought ahead, as much as I want to keep watching throughout spring 08.

I wonder then what all this means for shows like "Lost" and "24." Will they even see a season this 07-08 year...?:shrug:

I'm not sure about Lost...but 24 has cancelled their season.

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Was I the only one that felt this whole "Volume Two" was kind of ho-hum?:shrug:

I thought the preventing of the virus was VERY lackluster. PREVENTING the virus was probably the rewrite...I bet the original had the virus get spread.

I agree. I do like the "Villains" theme for next season though.

k.hunter30

I think we can all figure out how Peter gets his scar...
Sorry... what scar? (My mind's not working too well today)

I thought the preventing of the virus was VERY lackluster. PREVENTING the virus was probably the rewrite...I bet the original had the virus get spread.
I agree. I do like the "Villains" theme for next season though.
I agree on both.

Any guesses on who the assasin was?

WDWFREAK53

Original Poster
Sorry... what scar? (My mind's not working too well today)

Any guesses on who the assasin was?

He had a scar (I believe) in the first season when he came back from the future...or while he was in the future (can't remember). It was on his face. (Kinda like Scar from the Lion King :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom