Here Comes Spectro !

WDW1974

Toying with a long weekend trip to maintain my frequent flyer status and check out the 30th stuff myself.

After my amazing visit in 2010, I fully expected to be back in 2011. But some business fell through that would have had me in China and now, it's almost 2013. I'm starting to plot a fall 2013 return.:)

SirLink

A point constantly ignored by fans and one that only makes Disney look worse in my book.

Yes that is true, but because they are paying for additions to the park - it has to be extra special - not any old ride gets approved - and if they do get a clone of attraction - there is more detail put into the placement as well as the inside the attraction as well ...

But yes it shows up Disney stateside ... one could argue Buena Vista Street and Cars Land are attempts to replicate the quality ... I'll be seeing those next year ... but in Orlando ... well ... they need to be reminded there are four keys not just two: Safety and Efficiency.

yoyoflamingo

Yes that is true, but because they are paying for additions to the park - it has to be extra special - not any old ride gets approved - and if they do get a clone of attraction - there is more detail put into the placement as well as the inside the attraction as well ...

But yes it shows up Disney stateside ... one could argue Buena Vista Street and Cars Land are attempts to replicate the quality ... I'll be seeing those next year ... but in Orlando ... well ... they need to be reminded there are four keys not just two: Safety and Efficiency.

With sometimes even safety being forgotten...

DisneyFan 2000

they need to be reminded there are four keys not just two: Safety and Efficiency.
I'm pretty sure they started skipping out on Safety every now and then since nothing of substance has been done to take care of the Tree of Life and Splash Mountain... Oh! Wait! We got safety nets! Phew, lets not worry about those minor issues any more...

DancingPhoenix

If it ain't broken, why fix it?

If it's not BAROQUE don't fix it ;)

But honestly, I find it interesting how many people who generally seem to like "nostalgic" and more classic Disney are so much more in favor of Spectro. I'm not sure if it's when they first started doing MSEP, or if I just wasn't paying close attention but a few years ago on a trip to WDW with a friend we planned on skipping the night parade because we favored the rides and had seen it about a million times. But when I heard the MSEP music I stopped in my tracks and told her we HAD to stay and watch. I have never been that surprised and filled with pure magic since I first went to WDW. I could not stop smiling, it was perfect. The last time I had seen MSEP was in 2001 when my family was there for the Millennium Celebration (another parade that should happen again).

I adore MSEP, the older characters and ESPECIALLY the music. I love how Spectro has the color/white light changes, but that song is far more obnoxious to me than the Electrical Parade. It's kind of over-done and cheesy imho. I suppose if they keep swapping them out with each other everyone could be happy, but I agree that another parade to add to the nighttime rotation would be the best choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom