Here Comes Spectro !

wdw71fan

Original Poster
This will be such good news if it's true. Say what you want about The Electrical Parade, but I really think Spectro belongs here (Not that I wouldn't take a significant plus, or rather a complete overhaul, Okay, let's face it I really just like the music)...

Oh it's true... I've seen it with my own two eyes... The Timpani / piano / music unit is in the warehouse right now being worked on..... :) sorry about the whole no-pics thing, but it's in central shops.. no photos allowed.

This one:

3344516377_40b72789d5_o.jpg

montyz81

boooooo. I haven't had a chance to sit for MSEP since it has been back. It is the one I grew up on and the music is better on MSEP anyway (IMO). I hope i can get there before it goes. Does anyone know where it will end up? Perhaps at DHS?

invader

Yup, that sure was the ideal the company was based on. Walt went to an amusement park and said, "This idea isn't broke! Slap my name on one and let's call it a day!"

Oh, because you knew Walt oh so well, right? I don't particularly like the idea of rehashing ideas again and again either, but if it gets the atrosicity that is MSEP out of MK, it's okay, for now.

GLaDOS

Oh, because you knew Walt oh so well, right? I don't particularly like the idea of rehashing ideas again and again either, but if it gets the atrosicity that is MSEP out of MK, it's okay, for now.

:rolleyes:

You know exactly what I meant with my post.

Mainstreetfever

Oh this is awesome news! Honestly, the Electrical Parade shows its age. I know Pete's Dragon... but not many kids today knows him. And the floats are really so-so. It was probably awesome in the 70's and 80's. Not so much today. I miss the Fairy Godmothers, the 3 little pigs 'painting' the floats, Jiminy Cricket, the jester clowns, Chernabog and, most of all, the music. If only they could have 1 or 2 updated floats with current characters (Tiana, Rapunzel, Merida) that would be truly amazing!

COProgressFan

If you've ever seen videos of nighttime parades overseas (Tokyo DL, Universal Japan's parades, etc., check out youtube) you'd think Spectro was an atrocity as well.

Continuing to rotate through the same two old nighttime parades (one is 40 years old, one is 20) does not make either MSEP or Spectro any better. They could some truly AMAZING things given how technology has improved in the last 20 years, but they just choose not to bother with a new parade. Just plug in some old C7 Christmas bulbs and its a go.

PolynesianPrincess

If you've ever seen videos of nighttime parades overseas (Tokyo DL, Universal Japan's parades, etc., check out youtube) you'd think Spectro was an atrocity as well.

Continuing to rotate through the same two old nighttime parades (one is 40 years old, one is 20) does not make either MSEP or Spectro any better. They could some truly AMAZING things given how technology has improved in the last 20 years, but they just choose not to bother with a new parade. Just plug in some old C7 Christmas bulbs and its a go.

I have seen Tokyo DreamLights on youtube and I will admit I LOVE the Cheshire Cat, Nemo and Aladdin floats but I didn't like that the music is the same music as MSEP for the beginning part. The parade itself is really good though. Spectro just needs a good plussing on some of the floats to get the same technology as DreamLights and add a few new floats like throw all the Princesses on one or two floats, then you can get rid of the Little Mermaid floats, add a Jack Sparrow float,Toy Story and and maybe another couple floats and get rid of some of the floats they have now. (Totally unreleated but I thought it was really weird half the characters were speaking English and half were speaking Japanese) And is it just me or is DreamLights longer than spectro?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom