Here Comes Spectro !

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE WAS SUCH A HUGE LETDOWN! SERIOUSLY! PLUS, SM IS SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE MUSIC, FLOATS, CHARACTERS, AND STUFF! I’M SO GLAD THEY’RE BRINGING THIS BACK!
(Sorry for the caps, I am really excited as you can tell. ;))

They better add new floats for Wreck-It Ralph or Tangled etc., or add new characters in the parade! I can't picture them, re-releasing this after 3 years and HAVE NO CHANGES AT ALL!

Seriously though. They need to update this.

tecowdw

I love Spectro and feel MSEP just isn't that special. However, I would love to see some technology enhancements to Spectro if they could retain the musical score. That's what makes this parade special.

I am one that was disappointed back when the changed the Spectro men's faces. The new ones just don't seem to have the same impact.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
If you mean the Tokyo Disneyland night parade, yeah, a little.
my apologies, I realized after my post that your post count is fairly low so you probably wouldn't understand the level of sarcasm and disdain in my post.

As DJ said, TDO= Team Disney Orlando, widely regarded on these boards as being short sighted and cheap in every aspect possible. For instance, while Carsland at DCA is surpassing Disney's wildest expectations, TDO is reportedly frustrating John Lasseter with their insistence on budget cuts for any kind of replication at DHS. Meanwhile, the boy wizard is cutting into attendance by a "moderate" amount at WDW yet prices continue to climb, PI remains a wasteland, and someone thought it would be a good idea to put clowns in Fantasyland, although I still insist there was a mixup at casting originally and Meg Crofton and Kevin Lansberry were mistakenly put in leadership roles when they should have been clowns all along. Sure would explain a lot...

baymenxpac

spectro's cool and everything. being a child of the '80s/'90s, i, like an earlier poster, feel nostalgic to both it and MSEP. spectro has a great score, and if they enhance it upon it's refurbishment, it'll be nice to see.

but that being said, us WDW fans really do have a little bit of stockholm syndrome when it comes to TDO. i'm not saying it isn't nice to replace and older parade with something that is newer by relative standards, but how about something...ya know...new?

djlaosc

I can't wait for SpectroMagic to come back - I much prefer it to MSEP.

However, I would be more than happy for them to keep the same music, and upgrade the floats/technology. The music and the SpectroMen are the main memories for me!

TTA94

Burning question is what changes will be made And will they be noticable ones?

I fear the Spectromen will get axed or something :(.

SirLink

Burning question is will anything be changed.

tumblr_lj4y75Mol81qc9z2jo1_500.gif

wsmith1978

I love Spectro! This is such good news... though not official. I hope, by some miracle, it's ready for it's return by February! I love MSEP, too, but my heart belongs to Spectro. And I, for one, don't want to see any changes.

DisneyFan 2000

So... Anyone seen Dreamlights recently? ANOTHER refurb. New floats. AGAIN.
Seriously? 'Cause this past May I just saw it and remember thinking to myself that they could literally do nothing with it for the next 5 years and the Genie would still wow the socks off of me. Amazes me how OLC doesn't even wait for there to be a 'need' to plus something, they just go ahead and do it for showmanship's sake.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Seriously? 'Cause this past May I just saw it and remember thinking to myself that they could literally do nothing with it for the next 5 years and the Genie would still wow the socks off of me. Amazes me how OLC doesn't even wait for there to be a 'need' to plus something, they just go ahead and do it for showmanship's sake.

Oh, it's not for showmanship's sake alone. It's money, but the folks over there seem to have figured out something that seems pretty basic. It's pretty clear that getting people to spend more in the parks is the key to profitability. Convincing them to stay in the park longer is a good way to do that, particularly if you convince them to eat dinner in the park (or at a nearby hotel). By taking one late evening event, and continually updating it, thereby making it a "must see" even for repeat visitors, guests are far more likely to eat dinner in the park and stay then to, let's say, leave the park around 7:30 for a late dinner somewhere else. There's no need for an all new show or spectacular...just invest in a couple of upgrades each year, and it's constantly fresh.

Now, TDO may have figured this out a bit...as the castle projection show seems to be perfectly place for this kind of continual refreshing and upgrading, and the holiday inserts seem to confirm the intent to do that. Disneyland does it with World of Color as well. Now we just need to get TDO to implement something similar with F! (and to create a nighttime show for DAK that can be updated), and we'll have something. I exclude Illuminations because it seems clear that, even without updates, people will eat at Epcot and then see the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom