Here come the mermaids

jklakeview

I thought the mermaids looked good especially on the right side of the boat. The water splashing with the tail slapping te water looked pretty cool

ExtinctJenn

I take it back and have forever learned my lesson about making matter of fact quotes about attractions until seeing them in person. The effect was very well done!
I'd rather see someone admit to being wrong then continue to troll when they disagree with even themselves. :) Good on ya mate!

Rose&Crowner

Also, I thought the bubbles were perfect. They're the key to the effect as otherwise there would be nothing on which to project the images.

celluloid

That would be insanely costly and upkeep would be near impossible for TDO. Also Pirates 4 did well internationally in theaters but not so much at home on dvd. It took 20 million in dvd sales.

For a point of reference the new tinkerbell movie that just came out actually brought more money in from home video sales than that one did in being out for nearly a year. Mermaids in the movie universe are small bits that they are fine representing this cheap way.

ExtinctJenn

Any chance of them realizing that an actual animatronic or two in the water might be helpful?
Since it's underwater it wouldn't require too much in the way of work to run cables etc. I suppose (but even that is still really expensive) but I'd imagine keeping up with a true animatronic that lives in the water may be a maintenance nightmare unfortunately.

novawildcat18

Since it's underwater it wouldn't require too much in the way of work to run cables etc. I suppose (but even that is still really expensive) but I'd imagine keeping up with a true animatronic that lives in the water may be a maintenance nightmare unfortunately.
They've done it for years with Jungle Cruise. Although those are not really "true animatronics".

EDIT: On second thought, I guess these animatronics are not even comparable considering they were made like 40 years ago. Carry on with the conversation....

Disney_Geek

Rode PotC again yesterday for the third separate day since the mermaid addition, thought it's been about a month since my last ridethrough. I nor my sister heard "Jolly Sailor Bold" at all.
Has anyone else had this happen? Was it a fluke or will it be permanently gone?

Just my opinion:
I would be delighted if it was gone for good. I love the quietness in those scenes before the drop. The song was always pretty grating even in the movies, and I love sea shanties so that's saying quite a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom