Help us make a decision...

We are currently wanting to stay at Pop Century, but we will have the money to upgrade to a Moderate. We are looking into Corronado Springs. Which should we do? Give us pros and cons for each one and your choice.

Thanks

Capt. Salty

Consider yourself warned...large tour groups of teens tend to stay at the value resorts (well...because they're less expensive), therefor, if you stay at a value, find out if there are some tour groups, and request to be FAR away! we had a problem last time at AS movies - ended up getting refunded some of our stay because of the noise and lack of supervision of these kids.
The mod's tend to be quiter, for obvious reasons. It all comes down to how much more convenience you're willing to pay for. For the most part, all of the resorts are good and not so good. We're staying at Caribbean Beach this trip (new one for us).
good luck!:wave:

Upvote 0

hls1023

We are currently wanting to stay at Pop Century, but we will have the money to upgrade to a Moderate. We are looking into Corronado Springs. Which should we do? Give us pros and cons for each one and your choice.

Thanks

IMO the mod resorts are not worth the extra money that you will spend to stay in one. POP Century is a GREAT resort and we stay there everytime we visit. The buses are timely, the rooms are clean, and we just love the overall ambiance of the place in general. The mods are a little nicer as far as the furnishings in the room and I beleive that the square footage is a little bigger, but not enough for us to spend the extra cash to stay there.

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

IMO the mod resorts are not worth the extra money that you will spend to stay in one. POP Century is a GREAT resort and we stay there everytime we visit. The buses are timely, the rooms are clean, and we just love the overall ambiance of the place in general. The mods are a little nicer as far as the furnishings in the room and I beleive that the square footage is a little bigger, but not enough for us to spend the extra cash to stay there.

I agree. With the exception that POP is great (I have never stayed there before). I do love AS Sports though.

Upvote 0

jjgoo

If you have the money, upgrade to a Moderate.

You mentioned that you want it to feel like a vacation. The values are really nice, clean and well themed. They are a great place to be able to take the kids to a large pool and have a larger than life experience. The moderates are also nice, clean and well themed but feel more like a resort and less like a hotel. In my opinion you get more of an escape feeling at the moderates and less of a feeling that you are part of a large group vacationing.

I say all this because I stayed at a value (and really liked it!:wave: ) when I took a few days after a business trip and basically just planned on sleeping in the room but still wanted the Disney theme and perks of staying on property. It was great for that.

We are staying at a moderate for our (DW and I) next trip because we both want a place where we can relax. That little extra space in the room, standard fridge are important to us. We also want a place where it is nicer to stroll around at night or just sit out and chill out. A moderate is more conducive to this atmosphere.

Only you can know what is best for you and how much time you spend in the parks compared to time in the hotel relaxing. Also are you bringing kids? The values may suit that situation better.

In the end my take is if you just want some Disney theme and will basically just be sleeping and swimming at the hotel, go for the value it is great. If you want some more relaxation, romance and little perks like a fridge (comes in handy although you can rent or bring a cooler to a Value) then go for the Mod.

Good luck!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Staying at a mod this time, only 'cause we got a great AP rate...
Our February trips are spent off-site, and our later-in-the-yr trips are on-site - typically at a value. I agree that the extra money, just to use the room for the necessities, is a waste. but again, personal preferences and how much convenience guests willing to pay for.
:wave:

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I find the value rooms too cramped, and the overall ambience too noisy. I like the option of an on-site full-service restaurant, and we DO spend time in the resort (as opposed to many people who use the room many as a place to shave, shower and shhhhh...ower again). I'd stay in a Value if that's all I could afford, but I'd upgrade to a mod every chance I got if I could.

Having said that, since Coronado Springs was designed to accomodate as much convention business as tourism, there's always a better chance that it's not as crowded (or corwded with families) as the other mods, the grounds are really nice, and the pool is sweet. If you don't mind spending the extra scratch, I don't think you'd be disappointed.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I feel the same way. I have stayed at CB and it was okay but we had a room location from :zipit:e!!. My fault I am sure but after staying there, there is really not that much of a difference in the rooms, only the outside decor & landscaping.

On our last trip I booked two rooms at Music and with a discount code I stayed there cheaper that I could have stayed full price for one room at a mod. :)

Upvote 0

testtrackalumni

Original Poster
It's such mixed reviews! AHHHH!!!! The deciding factor is that this is my girlfriend and I's first trip together and it is a special trip (that's all I can say) so I think as long as we can afford it, we'll be going Mod! Thanks for all the help! Have any of you stayed at Coronado Springs? What's it like?

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

It's such mixed reviews! AHHHH!!!! The deciding factor is that this is my girlfriend and I's first trip together and it is a special trip (that's all I can say) so I think as long as we can afford it, we'll be going Mod! Thanks for all the help! Have any of you stayed at Coronado Springs? What's it like?
Regardless of where you stay, it will be fantastic! Just enjoy the time, don't rush, and do EVERYTHING you guys want to do.
Have Fun!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

Champion

I've stayed there a few times, mostly because it was one of the first to have high speed internet in room, and I needed it for a few years, couldn't be on a vacation and not have net access for my work. That said, now that all the resorts have it, I don't know if I'd stay there again. I don't think it would be my first choice.

Coronado Springs is a nice resort. It can be very spread out, so make sure you get your room request in (Casitas).

The biggest advantage of CS is that a lot of the people that stay there are there for the conventions, and do not go to the parks all the time. Therefore, the busses are very rarely full, and the waits are not bad. Check in and check out also never seem to be as busy as in other resorts.

A downside is that the resort is only near AK. The rest of the bus trips - especially to MK - can take a while. Epcot and MGM aren't too bad, though.

Pool is great, the walk around the lake is very nice, especially at night.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

No one has mentioned the single most important reason to go Mod:

the bus stops are closer.

Pop is the very last bus stop at MK, and I think Epcot, and next to last at the others.

At least with a moderate, your bus stop will be somewhere in the middle.

That's why we're going Mod. We're doing CBR. Although I run the risk of being raked over coals by saying it, the theming at POR did absolutely nothing for me. It reminded me of a Holiday Inn anywhere in the country.

I want something I can't get at home, and that's steel drums and palm trees!

Upvote 0

kennyj29

I've never stayed at CS but we go there a lot. My daughter for some reason always has good luck shopping at their store. We also like Pepper Market there. However, I wouldn't stay there. We love the Caribbean Beach. We've stayed there twice and are going back there in September. I love the theming there and their guest rooms are a little bigger than the other moderates. It's just a fun atmosphere, it's nice to just walk around the paths or bike ride. I love their restaurant and their food court is good also. Coronado Springs just has a coldness about it. I can't put my finger on it!

Upvote 0

LoriMistress

The CSR has a great pool. I'm sure you know the pros and cons of each resort...it's up to you if it's worth to spend the extra money. If you're planning to be rarely in the sort (shower and sleep), than I would recommend staying at Pop. If you're planning to relax at your resort often (or time to time), than I would go with the moderate.

Upvote 0

jessfriends

Here is a bit of what I wrote in another thread about Coronado Springs:

We usually visit WDW in July or early August and have stayed at CS several times (see signature).

I love Coronado Springs! It is a beautiful resort! We never had any major bus problems or any problems for that matter. The main pool is awesome. I would recommend staying in 8A Cabanas. We always ask for this area and we usually get it or close to it. This location is close walking distance to the main pool and not a far walk from bus stop 4. It is all the way across from the pepper market (where the food, games, shops, bike rentals etc. are) If you don't want to walk over to it you could take a bus to bus stop 1 (there should be a sign at the bus stop that tells you this or which bus to take. Someone please correct me if I am wrong). Most of the buses start returning guests starting with bus stop number 2.

Pros: transportation, scenery, pool, pool bar, nice gift shop, good food at Maya grill, different counter service (pepper market) you get what you want...they stamp your card...hand them your card...your pay/use dining plan...you eat, bike/boat rentals, I don't recall what park the resort is closest to, but I think it is rather quick to get to BB, EPCOT, AK & MGM, IMO.

Cons: This is all I could think of but these don't bother me...it is about 20 min give or take from MK, it is not a monorail resort, as of last summer 2006 they did a bus that goes from the resort to BB & AK since they are so close, a little longer trip to DtD & TL.

Click on the link to visit allears.net. They have a ton of info on the resort and pictures: http://allears.net/acc/faq_cs.htm

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM & I could try to help you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!!! :D

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Now that changes things. I was thinking Disney & kids. If it were just the hubby and I than I would stay at a Mod for sure. Something romantic you know.;) Anyway, have a great trip!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom