Help me decide - dining location

TTFN-Tiggger

SO excited!! Booked my March 2008 trip this week!! And have added the dining plan. Looking for advice for dinner one evening. We will be at the Magic Kingdom. Which would be best for character dining - Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern or step out of the park to 1900 Park Fare?!? I will have my niece who is 8 with me.

I am going to set up Chef Mickey's, Princess' at EP, Donald's at AK, Ohana's(she loves Lilo).

I have been to Crystal Palace and Liberty Tree - just not 1900 Park Fare.

Suggestions??

Jessie&Buzz

That's a tough one. My dd was 8 on our last trip. She really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare (even dressed up in her deluxe Belle costume). We loved Liberty Tree Tavern too. She really wants to go to Crystal Palace because she loves Pooh. I'm no help! :lol: Maybe you should ask your niece. She might like one of the non princess ones since you are doing Norway.

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

Personally we really like the 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother, and the Mice. It is a must do on our trips because we have three girls. But since you already plan on going to the Princess meal at Epcot then I guess I would recommend the Liberty Tree Tavern. Have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

Base the decision on who her favortite characters are.
Mickey, Pluto, Goofy, Minnie at the Liberty Tree Tavern.
Pooh and Friends at Crystal Palace.
Cinderella, Prince Charming, Fairy Godmother at 1900 Park Fare. 'Face' characters.

Of course, if she likes them all then you may have to use other criteria.

Good luck.
:slurp:

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I'll put in a vote for The Crystal Palace.:slurp:
We went last summer & really enjoyed it (it was actually my oldest DS's b'day).:D
It will be our 1st character dinner during our Sept. trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

sbkline

If we're talking strictly characters and forgetting about food, or location, I'm not a big Pooh fan. But that's just me. So speaking strictly about characters, I'd say 1900 Park Fare or LTT, because Crystal Palace, from what I hear, is more Winnie the Pooh theme.

And don't even get me started on Pooh!

Upvote 0

pacochran

Will be able to give opionion in December. We have done the Liberty Tree Tavern and it was really good and the characters were great. Pluto was great came up and licked my head.

We are planning on being at Chrystal Palace when in Magic Kingdom in December as we have never tried it, but have heard good things.

Upvote 0

No1DopeyFan

I have tried many of the locations, love the dinning plan. Yes Crystal Palace has Winnie the Pooh, but the food is excellent. Am going there again in Sept. can't wait.:wave: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DABIGCHEEZ

SO excited!! Booked my March 2008 trip this week!! And have added the dining plan. Looking for advice for dinner one evening. We will be at the Magic Kingdom. Which would be best for character dining - Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern or step out of the park to 1900 Park Fare?!? I will have my niece who is 8 with me.

I am going to set up Chef Mickey's, Princess' at EP, Donald's at AK, Ohana's(she loves Lilo).

Suggestions??

My first choice would be the Hoopdee Doo(2 TS credits I think) but that was not listed as an option. We saw it last time (DS was 7 & DD was 6) and they loved it. After that base it on your nieces favorite characters, but food wise I would vote for the Liberty Tree Tavern.

Upvote 0

Cara1210

Suggestions??

I would say Crystal Palace, because you'll see Mickey and friends at Chef Mickey's and the Princesses at EP, so go with Crystal Palace to see Pooh and get to see many different characters.

Upvote 0

chef_kristen

I have eaten at Chef Mickey's and it is a very good place for kids to eat at. There are a ton of characters there. If youeat at the right time you are able to see the fireworksat MK also. Its a very good view.

Upvote 0

WDWEric

I liked CP they had a great Buffet, We missed our rezzy at LTT on our last trip ( nap went a little long) but that is the one place I still want to eat. O would say base you decision on what characters you want to see, Good Luck and Have a great time!

Upvote 0

jimjjr

I would vote for 1900 Park Fare. We have eaten there our first night of every trip and the food and service has always been very good. The food is also a little higher quality in my opinion. (Unfortunately, we can't do it this year because they are rehabbing during September!) The other great thing is that it is a short hop away from MK and it is frankly much less crowded than the others (LTT in MK, CP in MK and Chef Mickey's can be a nightmare of crowds.) Also, getting there is easy. Hop the boat from MK to the GF and then take the monorail back. (No intermediate stops!) Finally, it will have just been rehabbed! Good luck! Hope you have a great time.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

The Garden Grill in the Land @ Epcot is really good (Mickey, Chip, Dale, Pluto) and the restarant rotates vary slowly and you can see parts of the Living with the Land ride while eating dinner.

Upvote 0

princess noel

Hi,
We have a five year old girl and we went to all of them last time and Liberty Tree Tavern was her choice for best food and characters because the characters seem to spend a decent amount of time at the table and the food was very good. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom