Hell 2, The Sequel - No more room in Hell

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Don't say I didn't warn you:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050518/D8A5IBTO0.html

May 18, 7:24 AM (ET)

HOUSTON (AP) - Like a scene from the horror movie "The Birds," large black grackles are swooping down on downtown Houston and attacking people's heads, hair and backs.

Authorities closed off a sidewalk after the aggressive birds, which can have 2-foot wingspans, flew out of magnolia trees Monday in front of the County Administration Building.

"They were just going crazy," said constable Wilbert Jue, who works at the building. "They were attacking everybody that walked by."

The grackles zeroed in on a lawyer who shooed a bird away before he tripped and injured his face, Jue said. The lawyer was treated for several cuts.

It appears that the birds are protecting their offspring. On Monday a young grackle had fallen out of its nest and adult birds attacked people who got too close, Jue said.

Another bird attacked a deputy county clerk.

"I hit him with a bottle," said Sylvia Velasquez. "The other birds came, and one attacked my blouse and on my back."

Two women came to help her after she fell to the ground, and the birds attacked them as well. The group escaped by running into the building. "This is a very Hitchcock kind of story. Very Tippi Hedren," said downtown worker Laura Aranda Smith, referring to one of the stars of Alfred Hitchcock's move "The Birds."

WDWScottieBoy

See....didn't we all predict something was up with the birds before this happened? Maybe we should get paid for predicting the future. :lol:

figmentmom

garyhoov said:
Don't say I didn't warn you:

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050518/D8A5IBTO0.html

May 18, 7:24 AM (ET)

HOUSTON (AP) - Like a scene from the horror movie "The Birds," large black grackles are swooping down on downtown Houston and attacking people's heads, hair and backs.

Authorities closed off a sidewalk after the aggressive birds, which can have 2-foot wingspans, flew out of magnolia trees Monday in front of the County Administration Building.

"They were just going crazy," said constable Wilbert Jue, who works at the building. "They were attacking everybody that walked by."

The grackles zeroed in on a lawyer who shooed a bird away before he tripped and injured his face, Jue said. The lawyer was treated for several cuts.

It appears that the birds are protecting their offspring. On Monday a young grackle had fallen out of its nest and adult birds attacked people who got too close, Jue said.

Another bird attacked a deputy county clerk.

"I hit him with a bottle," said Sylvia Velasquez. "The other birds came, and one attacked my blouse and on my back."

Two women came to help her after she fell to the ground, and the birds attacked them as well. The group escaped by running into the building. "This is a very Hitchcock kind of story. Very Tippi Hedren," said downtown worker Laura Aranda Smith, referring to one of the stars of Alfred Hitchcock's move "The Birds."

Hey!! That happened to us at Port Orleans French Quarter six or seven Aprils ago - we had to run from our room to the food court, bus stop, etc., because the birds were dive-bombing everyone in sight! Apparently, like the birds in Houston, they were nesting.

(...needless to say, Disney had the situation in hand in very short order...) :lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
figmentmom said:
Hey!! That happened to us at Port Orleans French Quarter six or seven Aprils ago - we had to run from our room to the food court, bus stop, etc., because the birds were dive-bombing everyone in sight! Apparently, like the birds in Houston, they were nesting.

(...needless to say, Disney had the situation in hand in very short order...) :lookaroun

:lol: I never even thought about the birds at Disney World, but they are pretty much in control there already.

bird3.jpg

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Here it is!

The moment you've all been waiting for . . .

RYAN'S FIRST WEDGIE!!!

Dec. '97 on Discovery Island at Disney World:

3439%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323876%3B%3B44%3A%3Bot1lsi

3439%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323876%3B%3B44%3B2ot1lsi

3439%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323876%3B%3B44%3B3ot1lsi

3439%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E8%3C%3B%3E673%3EWSNRCG%3D3232967%3A%3C35%3A6nu0mrj

3439%3B%3A7923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D9%3B%3C%3D764%3DXROQDF%3E2323876%3B%3B44%3B6ot1lsi

Boo's Mom

I knew there was a place for me! I'm going to hell!! :lol:

Gary, your wife, son, and parents must be so proud..... those pictures rock! :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Boo's Mom said:
I knew there was a place for me! I'm going to hell!! :lol:

Gary, your wife, son, and parents must be so proud..... those pictures rock! :lol:

Yes, a very proud moment.:king:

I'll bet I got him 6 inches off the ground.

MouseMadness

I killed hell! :eek: :cry:

:lookaroun

Andy just called me, he left about an hour ago to get to work, and was still sitting in traffic. He said there's a person on the table waiting for him to get there, then he goes...

"It's a barium enema, nobody likes doing those, so I'm sure he'll still be there when I get there"

And of course I had to say "I canNOT believe nobody likes doing those!" :eek: :lookaroun

:lol:

*is avoiding workout like.... hell* :lookaroun

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MouseMadness said:
I killed hell! :eek: :cry:

:lookaroun

Andy just called me, he left about an hour ago to get to work, and was still sitting in traffic. He said there's a person on the table waiting for him to get there, then he goes...

"It's a barium enema, nobody likes doing those, so I'm sure he'll still be there when I get there"

And of course I had to say "I canNOT believe nobody likes doing those!" :eek: :lookaroun

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's better to give than to receive, I always say. . .

MouseMadness

LMAO!! Andy's uncle went in for a prostate check a while back, and he said the doctor said "Okay, first, let me point out.... there's no winner here" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last week Andy wanted me to rub his back, which I did, for about a minute, lol, and I said "Alright, I'm tired! I spent all dang day painting your brother's house!" He said "I spent half the afternoon with my thumb up some 300 pound guy's a$$" So I replied "Okay, you win, but only five more minutes :lookaroun " :lol: :hurl: :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MouseMadness said:
LMAO!! Andy's uncle went in for a prostate check a while back, and he said the doctor said "Okay, first, let me point out.... there's no winner here" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last week Andy wanted me to rub his back, which I did, for about a minute, lol, and I said "Alright, I'm tired! I spent all dang day painting your brother's house!" He said "I spent half the afternoon with my thumb up some 300 pound guy's a$$" So I replied "Okay, you win, but only five more minutes :lookaroun " :lol: :hurl: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop it!

Well if he ever gets tired of being a Doctor, there will always be work for him in Vegas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom