Hell 2, The Sequel - No more room in Hell

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
That's why I like the "Queen of the House of Madness" title so much. It fits perfectly. I'm still not sure if I'll use the name or not, but either way, I'll make sure I mention you and Jill in the acknowledgements if, for no other reason, than to start rumors.

While I've never published any fiction before, I am a published author:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471970557/104-8851610-0810342?v=glance&vi=contents

(check the "liquid fluoroelastomers" chapter three quarters of the way down) so I do have a shot.

*SPITS* That's a $500 book! :eek: :eek:

I can just see gary meeting with some publisher about the work in progress.

Publisher: "So, Mr. Garyhoov, ( :lookaroun ) do you have any experience with humor writing?"

Gary: "Well, have you visited WDWMagic.com?"

Publilsher: "Er, no..."

Gary: "Okay, have you seen my chapter on liquid fluoroelastomers in Modern Fluoropolymers : High Performance Polymers for Diverse Applications (Wiley Series in Polymer Science)? What a riot!!"

Publisher: "Er... :lookaroun "

:lol: :p

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:

Publisher: "So, Mr. Garyhoov, ( :lookaroun ) do you have any experience with humor writing?"

Gary: "Okay, have you seen my chapter on liquid fluoroelastomers in Modern Fluoropolymers : High Performance Polymers for Diverse Applications (Wiley Series in Polymer Science)? What a riot!!"

LMAO!!

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
MouseMadness said:

Why did the amino group dehydrofluorinate the polymer backbone?

To provide unsaturation!:lol:

:lookaroun

Sheesh! Tough crowd.

Computer Magic

Gary you would be happy to know wedgie has made it into the Webster's New World College Dictionary :

'Wedgie' Added to Webster's Dictionary
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:05 AM EST
CLEVELAND - Wedgie, a teenager's locker-room nightmare, has made it into the dictionary. Webster's New World College Dictionary based in Cleveland said wedgie was among its new additions to its latest edition.

The new edition will carry this listing: wedgie: noun. a prank in which the victim's undershorts are jerked upward so as to become wedged between the buttocks.

The dictionary also carries the tradition wedgie definition of a type of shoe.

"`Wedgie' was always a part of the high school terminology that you sort of never thought about later," said Editor in Chief Michael Agnes.

"It never really entered the mainstream until the '90s. It broke out of high school and, boy _ if you don't know what it is, you're absolutely at a loss."

The new edition will reach bookstores by May and has 58 new entries, plus another 20 new senses of existing words (such as wedgie).

The additions include Al Qaeda, blog, cargo pants, irritable bowel syndrome and partial-birth abortion.

Information from: Akron Beacon Journal, http://www.ohio.com

Print this story

Email this story

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
Gary you would be happy to know wedgie has made it into the Webster's New World College Dictionary :

'Wedgie' Added to Webster's Dictionary
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:05 AM EST
CLEVELAND - Wedgie, a teenager's locker-room nightmare, has made it into the dictionary. Webster's New World College Dictionary based in Cleveland said wedgie was among its new additions to its latest edition.​

The new edition will carry this listing: wedgie: noun. a prank in which the victim's undershorts are jerked upward so as to become wedged between the buttocks.

The dictionary also carries the tradition wedgie definition of a type of shoe.

"`Wedgie' was always a part of the high school terminology that you sort of never thought about later," said Editor in Chief Michael Agnes.

"It never really entered the mainstream until the '90s. It broke out of high school and, boy _ if you don't know what it is, you're absolutely at a loss."

The new edition will reach bookstores by May and has 58 new entries, plus another 20 new senses of existing words (such as wedgie).

The additions include Al Qaeda, blog, cargo pants, irritable bowel syndrome and partial-birth abortion.

Information from: Akron Beacon Journal, http://www.ohio.com

Print this story

Email this story

:lol:

Ryan's very first wedgie was at Disney World and I've got it on tape. He was about 4 years old and we were at Discovery Island. I can't remember the details, but it was something like this:

Me: Hey, do you want a wedgie?

Ryan: What's a wedgie?

Me: I'm not telling, but if you really want one, I'll give you one.

Ryan: I want one! I want one!

If I can figure out how to convert the video and post it, maybe I'll try to do that some day.

MouseMadness

garyhoov said:
:lol:

Ryan's very first wedgie was at Disney World and I've got it on tape. He was about 4 years old and we were at Discovery Island. I can't remember the details, but it was something like this:

Me: Hey, do you want a wedgie?

Ryan: What's a wedgie?

Me: I'm not telling, but if you really want one, I'll give you one.

Ryan: I want one! I want one!

If I can figure out how to convert the video and post it, maybe I'll try to do that some day.

Poor Ryan... if he ever wants to give up his hoov-ness and be a Mad-ness, you tell him to come on over. Just be sure to pack his bullet proof vest, as we are in Detroit and all. :lookaroun

Okay, well, some may not understand my contribution to Hell today, but those with Disney hating mates will relate. :)

So Andy, my husband, is deciding right now what fellowship he wants after he's done with residency in a year. He's torn between Peds and interventional radiology. He's been going back and forth between the two for about a year now, always coming up with a new pro and con for either one. So here's how our conversation went the other day:

Andy: "Well, I dunno... Peds seems like a calling more than a job. Helping kids, what could be better than that?"

Me: "Yep, I agree."

Andy: "Well, with interventional, it'd be a lot more money, and I think better job security."

Me: "Hmmmm..."

Andy: "I guess I'm torn between following my heart and following my brain."

Me: "You know what Walt Disney would tell you. :lookaroun "

I wonder if there will come a point where he will just stop talking to me. Just... walk away and never look back. :lol: :lookaroun

Computer Magic

MouseMadness said:
Poor Ryan... if he ever wants to give up his hoov-ness and be a Mad-ness, you tell him to come on over. Just be sure to pack his bullet proof vest, as we are in Detroit and all. :lookaroun

Okay, well, some may not understand my contribution to Hell today, but those with Disney hating mates will relate. :)

So Andy, my husband, is deciding right now what fellowship he wants after he's done with residency in a year. He's torn between Peds and interventional radiology. He's been going back and forth between the two for about a year now, always coming up with a new pro and con for either one. So here's how our conversation went the other day:

Andy: "Well, I dunno... Peds seems like a calling more than a job. Helping kids, what could be better than that?"

Me: "Yep, I agree."

Andy: "Well, with interventional, it'd be a lot more money, and I think better job security."

Me: "Hmmmm..."

Andy: "I guess I'm torn between following my heart and following my brain."

Me: "You know what Walt Disney would tell you. :lookaroun "

I wonder if there will come a point where he will just stop talking to me. Just... walk away and never look back. :lol: :lookaroun
That's a trick question as Walt would follow his heart and Eisner would follow his wallet. :lol: :lookaroun

and you always have us, although I'm not sure that is a good thing or a bad. :lookaroun

Sorry no smilieys to add, I'm at work.

BTW: Your picture is on a milk carton in the Prom thread :lookaroun

speck76

wedgie.gif

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
That's a trick question as Walt would follow his heart and Eisner would follow his wallet. :lol: :lookaroun

And Walt would probably end up making more money.

When I got went down to the garage this morning, it was completely dark except for something glowing on the hood of my car. Linda had put a plastic, lighted lawn gnome there.:eek: :lol:

I'll have to get a picture when I get home.

speck76

Necrophilia among ducks ruffles research feathers

Donald MacLeod
Tuesday March 8, 2005

The strange case of the homosexual necrophiliac duck pushed out the boundaries of knowledge in a rather improbable way when it was recorded by Dutch researcher Kees Moeliker.

It may have ruffled a few feathers, but it earned him the coveted Ig Nobel prize for biology awarded for improbable research, and next week he will be recounting his findings to UK audiences on the Ig Nobel tour.

Ducks behave pretty badly, it seems. It is not so much that up to one in 10 of mallard couples are homosexual - no one would raise an eyebrow in the liberal Netherlands - but they regularly indulge in "attempted rape flights" when they pursue other ducks with a view to forcible mating. "Rape is a normal reproductive strategy in mallards," explains Mr Moeliker.

As he recounts in his seminal paper, The first case of homosexual necrophilia in the mallard anas platyrhynchos, he was in his office in the Natuurmuseum Rotterdam, when he was alerted by a bang to the fact a bird had crashed into the glass facade of the building. "I went downstairs immediately to see if the window was damaged, and saw a drake mallard (anas platyrhynchos) lying motionless on its belly in the sand, two metres outside the facade. The unfortunate duck apparently had hit the building in full flight at a height of about three metres from the ground. Next to the obviously dead duck, another male mallard (in full adult plumage without any visible traces of moult) was present. He forcibly picked into the back, the base of the bill and mostly into the back of the head of the dead mallard for about two minutes, then mounted the corpse and started to copulate, with great force, almost continuously picking the side of the head.

"Rather startled, I watched this scene from close quarters behind the window until 19.10 hours during which time (75 minutes) I made some photographs and the mallard almost continuously copulated his dead congener. He dismounted only twice, stayed near the dead duck and picked the neck and the side of the head before mounting again. The first break (at 18.29 hours) lasted three minutes and the second break (at 18.45 hours) lasted less than a minute. At 19.12 hours, I disturbed this cruel scene. The necrophilic mallard only reluctantly left his 'mate': when I had approached him to about five metres, he did not fly away but simply walked off a few metres, weakly uttering a series of two-note 'raeb-raeb' calls (the 'conversation-call' of Lorentz 1953). I secured the dead duck and left the museum at 19.25 hours. The mallard was still present at the site, calling 'raeb-raeb' and apparently looking for his victim (who, by then, was in the freezer)."

Mr Moeliker suggests the pair were engaged in a rape flight attempt. "When one died the other one just went for it and didn't get any negative feedback - well, didn't get any feedback," he said.

His findings have provoked a lot of interest - especially in Britain for some reason - but no other recorded cases of duck necrophilia. However, Mr Moeliker was informed of an American case involving a squirrel and a dead partner, although in this case it is not known whether the necrophilia observed was homosexual or not as the victim had been run over by a truck shortly before the incident.

TAC

garyhoov said:
Well then, that's just disturbing . . . not that the ducks would do it, but that someone would make a research project out of it.

Our tax dollars at work. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom