Heigh-Ho, Heigh-Ho, It’s Off To Work We Go: An April/July 2011 Trip Report

Yep. It’s me again! And guess what? This report is going to go up soooo much faster than that last one. Well, Part I is at least. No, really. Promise! Here’s the thing, just three short weeks after returning from our Wedding/Disneymoon extravaganza, I found myself back at the World ready to take on another adventure; unfortunately though, without my husband in tow. Yeah that’s right, I’m such a great wife, so great that I left him behind and went to Disney World without him for our one month anniversary! And then, again, in the middle of the summer. Tsk, tsk. Bad wife.

Part I: Saturday, April 16 – Wednesday, April 20 at Port Orleans Riverside
You see, by day (when I’m not trip reporting :lookaroun) I advise, assist, and mentor engineering students throughout their co-op experiences. One of the perks of my job is that I get to travel around and visit students on all these different assignments. Well, lo and behold, after quite a few years of trying, I was able to hook up two of my students with Disney! Guess what this means?! Yes, smart cookies, this means a site visit to Disney World for Hollybelle! :D The timing of a couple things (the wedding, and work-related events) pretty much dictated when this trip would take place. And it just so happened to be smack dab in the middle of prime spring break time; the week before Easter. This was actually a good thing though, because it meant that my mom, Kim (a teacher), could come along with me for the fun.

Part II: Tuesday, July 12 – Friday, July 15 at Caribbean Beach
I needed to go back to the Central Florida area in July for a site visit with students in Tampa, so of course, being an annual passholder, I couldn't resist combining this short visit with more time at Disney. Unfortunately, Brett couldn't get away from work to join me this time either. So I called up my mom, and she so selflessly gave up a bit of her summer to join me again. :lol: Good thing she got that annual pass.

Because all good reports need an introduction to the cast, here we are slurpin’ down margaritas in the Bahamas:

DSC02336_diptych.jpg

For the first trip, I initially had Pop booked because there was no way an AP rate would come out for the weekend before Easter, but oddly enough, my mom came across a surprisingly great rate for POR on one of the non-Disney travel sites, so we upgraded! Woohooo! This was my first time booking a Disney resort through a third party and everything worked out perfectly fine.

Just an aside, both parts of this report will likely be more photo driven and have a lot less text than normal… I also have a May trip to report on and an upcoming trip at the end of September so I'm trying my best to get all caught up with the summer reports as quickly as possible. :lol: Yes, I know, it’s already September. How’d that happen?!

skeletor1990

I saw France's film for the first time on my last trip and I agree...seriously made my head hurt! I think there was just too much for my eyes to see. The images were stunning, but ouch!

Love that you have been able to do some mother daughter trips. Even when they're not to Disney World they're the best!

Also, very jealous that you're able to take advantage of the parks on your work related visits. I may have to rethink my major/career path so I can finagle a way to do the same...

We aren't too far from Tiger Town-my husband's job moved us to Greenville/Taylors which we love because we grew up and went to high school here. Our move has given me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and go back to college full time too, so it has been an adjustment, but so much for the better! I'm thankful that we are finally settled in, now I can catch up on all of these great Trip Reports!

Soaringirl

Thanks for a great trip report Holly!! I really enjoyed all of your beautiful pictures of Port Orleans and the boat ride to Downtown Disney, it's so peaceful and relaxing, and must do it a few times whenever we stay at POFQ (which is one of our favorite places) - it's actually something we want to do even when we're not staying at that resort.
It looks like you and your Mom really have fun together and that is so awesome!
Oh and how sweet is your husband sending you a gift card!:)
Can't wait for part 2...

PolynesianPrincess

We went last Thanksgiving and as busy as it was, we utilized the FPs and hardly waited in line. We hit Space Mountain on Thanksgiving morning around 10am and walked right on. And yes, we will be at the WL 11/10-15. Our first deluxe and I'm super excited to see it all decorated for the holidays!!! :)

erstwo

I love your shots of MK in the early morning! I can't believe how empty the park was - we always get up early. Doesn't everyone? :shrug: I guess just not THAT early. :lol:

What's crazy is no matter how often I experience walking down Main Street in the early morning light, I'm always so jealous of anyone who's there when I'm not. :D

Loving the report!

DisneyFan1003

Excellent report, as always! Supremely jealous of all your trips this year - so wish we had a shorter drive down there. Much easier and cheaper than flying!

Ironically, Chrissy is at Disney right now for a conference. She swears it's not as much fun without me, but I keep telling her "it might not be as much fun, but it's still Disney!"

You mentioned going down for Thanksgiving - how long are you there? We arrive on the 29th...have to keep an eye out for you!

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
My apologies for the delayed response everyone… it’s now crunch time at work!

omg so can't wait n nice illuminations shots love em!!!

Thanks!

Haha well the actual report is gonna be a while. The food report is up and it is a work in progress.

Lies! It’s already up… that was fast!

Fabulous Part 1! Can't wait for part 2!

A few things...numbered because I am a nerd:

1. Your purple ruffly tank top...I'm pretty sure I have the same one in green :)
2. Brett is most definitely a keeper! Love that he sent you a gift card. High-5, Brett!
3. Will and I are also not fans of Boma. That remains our most disappointing Disney dining experience to date. After all of the rave reviews that we heard leading up to that dinner, we just expected more.
4. Love all of those self portraits of you and your mom! So cute!
5. SO glad you're posting your Pixar Weekend report!
6. So sorry that this trip was a bit emotional for you...I totally understand the wedding hangover and wanting to re-live that day again. But it seems like you and your mom had a blast, so huzzah!

I love your dorky numbers!:) I’ve never understood the love for Boma, so it’s nice to hear we’re not alone in that. We ate there once, and really have no desire to go back. I guess it doesn’t help that we’re not big fans of buffets. The only buffet I truly look forward to is Ohana and, in my opinion, it’s less of a buffet and more of a prix fix menu. I think the only thing that's “buffet” about it is that it’s all you can eat.

I’m working on the Pixar Weekend report now… I hope to have it up shortly after we return from our trip next weekend. Speaking of, we only have one more long run and a short weekly run left on the agenda and then IT IS TIME!!

Huzzah to the trip! It was emotional, but good. Being there in April without Brett is part of what prompted the May trip – which definitely helped with the post wedding blues.

Great part one!!!! Glad HS won as top park this trip its my favorite next to MK!

And if you don't mind me asking you for any tips on an engineering job search (since i noticed in the beginning you said you help students with co-ops)....I just graduated in May with my bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. Unfortunately, during my schooling I was never able to get an internship/co-op, went for a coiuple interviews but told me I didn't have enough experience :lookaroun (uh isn't that what an internship is for?) Anyways, now I've been on 3 interviews for an actual job and no such luck with anything. I'm thinking the having no experience is killing me...any advice? Thanks in advance

Hooooooooray for Hollywood!

Unfortunately, all the advice I have for building a resume when you don’t have work experience yet (and are dealing with the chicken and the egg issue) applies to students and not graduates (things like getting involved in groups or organizations related to your major, doing research with a professor, participating in unpaid work experiences, job shadowing, study abroad in your emphasis area). I would go back to the career folks at your University and talk with them. Being that you’re only a few months out of school, their services should still be available to you (this is often the case for up to a year post-graduate). So I would look into the career fairs and any sort of online postings they have (I’m sure you’ve already done this). It’s tough out there for new grads right now. Good luck! And I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

Holly! Your pictures of Riverside made me miss that place sooooo much. It really is a lovely resort and I know you'll like French Quarter when you stay there. We're booked at POFQ for February (was December of this year) and I can't wait to go back.

The early morning shots you have are splendid and I gotta say, I have converted to an early riser now. Definitely appreciate the calmer time the mornings seem to have. And I know what you mean about a park taking the top spot of the trip. We had Animal Kingdom raise in the ranks after an awesome morning. The last trip Epcot took the top spot (although I'm a little biased since it's my favorite park)

Wishes can be a challenge but we don't typically watch from Main Street. Brandon and I opt for the Tomorrowland side, near the Noodle Terrace. Sure it's not a dead-on view of the castle but I'll take a slight angle over fighting with the crowds.

I can't even imagine what it was like going back to the Poly that soon after your wedding, without Brett. I'm sure it was that weird mix of excitement to be back and that crazy flood of memories from your wedding day. And speaking of Brett, how adorable is it that he sent you a gift card?

Can't wait for the next installment!

Hi Erin! I hope everything is going well and the reason behind switching your trip around wasn’t a negative one. I’m really excited about French Quarter. I’ve been in the lobby area there, but never spent any quality time at the resort, so I’m looking forward to something new!

Hooray for early risers! Mornings in the parks are phenomenal!

On a recent trip we watched Wishes from over near Tomorrowland and the calmness of the people around us definitely made it more enjoyable than the straight on views. Seeing as how I don’t worry too much over photographing the fireworks (no lugging a tripod for me!) I’m not so concerned with not having that “perfect” view.

yay a holly trip report! i am so very jealous of all of your trips this year! my goodness you are going to wdw like it is your job! although, with these two trips is was your job! : how lucky?! part 1 of your trip report sounds like it was a very relaxing, leisurely trip! port orleans riverside looks beautiful. wes and i are staying at pofq next february for the princess half marathon. we've never stayed at a moderate before so i am super excited to stay there. i'm really excited to get some beignets! i can't wait to read part 2 and your other many trip reports that are in the works!

Hahhaha – yeah if you factor out the job-related trips, I’ll have four trips to Disney this year, which isn’t too far off the mark. We usually average three (sometimes four) trips at year, so it’s pretty much in line.

We’ll be staying at FQ in November, so I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures for you. You’re going to love the Princess Half. It is such a great race.

Someone has a wedding coming up next month!!! :sohappy: How's that last bit of planning coming along?

Hey Holly, Imagine my delight when I checked trip reports and there was a new one there from you! Yeah! I really enjoy reading your reports! Thanks so much for all the POR photos. We'll be checking in POR for the very first time this coming Saturday and your pics made me even more excited to be there! Thanks again for another great report!

Oooh, that’s tomorrow! I bet you just can’t contain your excitement. The last few days leading up to the trip are so fun. And thank you.

I saw France's film for the first time on my last trip and I agree...seriously made my head hurt! I think there was just too much for my eyes to see. The images were stunning, but ouch!

Love that you have been able to do some mother daughter trips. Even when they're not to Disney World they're the best!

Also, very jealous that you're able to take advantage of the parks on your work related visits. I may have to rethink my major/career path so I can finagle a way to do the same...

Yeah, what’s with that film?! I might as well be on a motion simulator… seriously!

Mom/daughter trips really are the coolest. Last year we did a short three day cruise to the Bahamas and it was fabulous.

We aren't too far from Tiger Town-my husband's job moved us to Greenville/Taylors which we love because we grew up and went to high school here. Our move has given me the opportunity to be a stay at home mom and go back to college full time too, so it has been an adjustment, but so much for the better! I'm thankful that we are finally settled in, now I can catch up on all of these great Trip Reports!

Still in the upstate! It’s great to hear that you’re now able to stay at home with Connor and work towards some personal career goals as well.

Thanks for a great trip report Holly!! I really enjoyed all of your beautiful pictures of Port Orleans and the boat ride to Downtown Disney, it's so peaceful and relaxing, and must do it a few times whenever we stay at POFQ (which is one of our favorite places) - it's actually something we want to do even when we're not staying at that resort.
It looks like you and your Mom really have fun together and that is so awesome!
Oh and how sweet is your husband sending you a gift card!:)
Can't wait for part 2...

Thanks, Gloria. The boats really are relaxing. We’ve started using the boat services around property a lot more lately. I think it’s because we’re less concerned about getting somewhere quickly then we used to be.

We went last Thanksgiving and as busy as it was, we utilized the FPs and hardly waited in line. We hit Space Mountain on Thanksgiving morning around 10am and walked right on. And yes, we will be at the WL 11/10-15. Our first deluxe and I'm super excited to see it all decorated for the holidays!!!

Wow. I’m shocked to hear that the parks weren’t crazy-packed on Thanksgiving day. WL for the holidays = great choice!

I love your shots of MK in the early morning! I can't believe how empty the park was - we always get up early. Doesn't everyone? I guess just not THAT early.

What's crazy is no matter how often I experience walking down Main Street in the early morning light, I'm always so jealous of anyone who's there when I'm not.

Loving the report!

Thanks, Erin. I guess a 7am opening is too early for lots of folks. Although, with kids I can see where it would be incredibly difficult to get there by that time.

Excellent report, as always! Supremely jealous of all your trips this year - so wish we had a shorter drive down there. Much easier and cheaper than flying!

Ironically, Chrissy is at Disney right now for a conference. She swears it's not as much fun without me, but I keep telling her "it might not be as much fun, but it's still Disney!"

You mentioned going down for Thanksgiving - how long are you there? We arrive on the 29th...have to keep an eye out for you!

Looking forward to the rest of your report!

Okay, so I’m with Chrissy on this one. Yes, while the parks are still a great place to be, it’s just not the same without your other half.

Ahh man, we’ll be gone by the 29th. We’re leaving on Sunday (likely with the rest of the crowds). Unfortunately, with Brett’s new job we’re having to utilize holidays a little more for our vacations because he doesn’t have a lot of vacation days to use.

PartOfYourWorld

Hooooooooray for Hollywood!

Unfortunately, all the advice I have for building a resume when you don’t have work experience yet (and are dealing with the chicken and the egg issue) applies to students and not graduates (things like getting involved in groups or organizations related to your major, doing research with a professor, participating in unpaid work experiences, job shadowing, study abroad in your emphasis area). I would go back to the career folks at your University and talk with them. Being that you’re only a few months out of school, their services should still be available to you (this is often the case for up to a year post-graduate). So I would look into the career fairs and any sort of online postings they have (I’m sure you’ve already done this). It’s tough out there for new grads right now. Good luck! And I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

The engineering co-op/internship department has definitely been helping me after graduation so far, which is great. And there is an upcoming career fair in Nov. that I will attend. While I was in school I joined an engineering group and unfortunately, I never did research with a professor. (Wish I would have put more work into getting into that!) Hoping to find something before the next class graduates. Once I come back from WDW after my trip next week (woohoo! :sohappy:) more effort will go into the job search. (I'll admit my effort was lacking a bit due to the upcoming trip :D) I figured you would be geared more towards students but it was worth a shot :) And any advice was much appreciated so I thank you again!

And maybe see you at the World next week! :D

DisneyFan1003

Okay, so I’m with Chrissy on this one. Yes, while the parks are still a great place to be, it’s just not the same without your other half.

Ahh man, we’ll be gone by the 29th. We’re leaving on Sunday (likely with the rest of the crowds). Unfortunately, with Brett’s new job we’re having to utilize holidays a little more for our vacations because he doesn’t have a lot of vacation days to use.

Too bad we''ll miss each other - get the World all warmed up for us!

Chrissy just sent me a text that they're off to EPCOT for the afternoon....I get to go to back-to-back meetings on a Friday. That's fun too...right? :brick:

Btw - we're big Christmas nuts (have 10 themed trees in the house!) and love your plush collecting for your tree. Hope you post some photos of how that turns out - I'm thinking about something like that in Addie's room. At least she can't break it! :ROFLOL:

erstwo

Thanks, Erin. I guess a 7am opening is too early for lots of folks. Although, with kids I can see where it would be incredibly difficult to get there by that time.

Actually, my kids are the REASON I'm there so early. :D I would stay up until 2 am and then sleep until noon if I had it my way. But my kiddos are up with the sun, so it's off the morning EMH for us! :lol:

ETA - I agree with the above - Yes, PLEASE post pics of your plush tree! My daughter has collected about 20 small plush and I would love to do something like that with them for the playroom (although they would have to come off easily, you know, for whoever is chosen for bedtime that day. Ha!) Do you attach yours to the tree or just prop them up?

HollyBelle

Original Poster
The engineering co-op/internship department has definitely been helping me after graduation so far, which is great. And there is an upcoming career fair in Nov. that I will attend. While I was in school I joined an engineering group and unfortunately, I never did research with a professor. (Wish I would have put more work into getting into that!) Hoping to find something before the next class graduates. Once I come back from WDW after my trip next week (woohoo) more effort will go into the job search. (I'll admit my effort was lacking a bit due to the upcoming trip) I figured you would be geared more towards students but it was worth a shot And any advice was much appreciated so I thank you again!

And maybe see you at the World next week! :D

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I hope everything works out for you with the upcoming career fairs.

Keep an eye out for us next week... we'll be the ones limping around the parks after the half marathon! :lol:

Too bad we''ll miss each other - get the World all warmed up for us!

Chrissy just sent me a text that they're off to EPCOT for the afternoon....I get to go to back-to-back meetings on a Friday. That's fun too...right? :brick:

Btw - we're big Christmas nuts (have 10 themed trees in the house!) and love your plush collecting for your tree. Hope you post some photos of how that turns out - I'm thinking about something like that in Addie's room. At least she can't break it! :ROFLOL:

Ughh... back to back Friday meetings are the worst. My last student has no-showed on me. Of course, you can see how productive I'm being with that extra time now. :lol:

I think the plush tree is absolutely perfect for a kids room. I included pictures of it in my December 2010 report. Here's a link directly to the post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4401007&postcount=32 Now that we've moved out of our apartment (and the plush collection has outgrown the tree :lookaroun), we'll be getting a bigger tree, and I'll likely start doing a second tree with all the handmade ornaments from my childhood, too. Like, legit handmade ornaments that my mom and grandma made, not the ones I made at school when I was 5. :lol:

Actually, my kids are the REASON I'm there so early. :D I would stay up until 2 am and then sleep until noon if I had it my way. But my kiddos are up with the sun, so it's off the morning EMH for us! :lol:

ETA - I agree with the above - Yes, PLEASE post pics of your plush tree! My daughter has collected about 20 small plush and I would love to do something like that with them for the playroom (although they would have to come off easily, you know, for whoever is chosen for bedtime that day. Ha!) Do you attach yours to the tree or just prop them up?

I'm that way at home... but at Disney, I will forever be an early bird. The afternoons are for naps! :lol:

You can most definitely let the kids pick their plush out of the tree for bedtime. I love that idea - so cute!! As you can see from the pictures linked above they're just propped up sporadically throughout the tree. We've found that having a tree that is less full and has lots of gaps is best because it provides more space to fit the plush in.

WDW_Princess24

I was looking for myself in your April pics, I was there
at the same time LOL How about those crowds?!? They were really something huh.
I've always wanted to stay at Port Orleans, the pictures
are beautiful!Apparently there is an Earl at the airport we are flying out of next week
so Ryan and I are planning on starting it off early with the Earl! Looking forward to your next TR!!

jhoff3405

I just can't keep up with your trips!
Work related Disney?! What a job!!!!!
How do I get signed up? :)

Best of luck on the 1/2 marathon, I look forward to the character pics from it.

erstwo

I'm that way at home... but at Disney, I will forever be an early bird. The afternoons are for naps! :lol:

You can most definitely let the kids pick their plush out of the tree for bedtime. I love that idea - so cute!! As you can see from the pictures linked above they're just propped up sporadically throughout the tree. We've found that having a tree that is less full and has lots of gaps is best because it provides more space to fit the plush in.

Awesome! Thanks for the link to all of the photos. The sad thing is, I totally read that TR. :eek:

It will probably be my favorite Disney stuffed plush time of all. It never fails that my daughter will want Mickey or Minnie, etc. at bedtime and we can never find the one she wants. At least if they're on the tree we'll know where they are! :D

DisneyFan1003

Ughh... back to back Friday meetings are the worst. My last student has no-showed on me. Of course, you can see how productive I'm being with that extra time now. :lol:

I think the plush tree is absolutely perfect for a kids room. I included pictures of it in my December 2010 report. Here's a link directly to the post: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=4401007&postcount=32 Now that we've moved out of our apartment (and the plush collection has outgrown the tree :lookaroun), we'll be getting a bigger tree, and I'll likely start doing a second tree with all the handmade ornaments from my childhood, too. Like, legit handmade ornaments that my mom and grandma made, not the ones I made at school when I was 5. :lol:
Thanks for sharing the picture! Now that I see it, I do recall that trip report. Excellent idea - I think we may have to try that out! Addie got a couple plush on her first trip last summer, so we'll have to get a few more in November and maybe next year she'll have enough for her tree (right now it's all pink and white). Not to turn your report into a Christmas tree discussion (although, maybe we'll have to start one of those closer to the holidays!), but I thought I'd share a pic of one of our 10. This is the official "Mickey tree" - has about 300+ ornaments - most of which are Hallmark and those we've purchased at WDW. This year we're getting a bigger tree, and I think I might get a rotating stand so we can enjoy all sides! Our basement is totally decorated in Disney, so it fits right in!

DSCN4710-2-1.jpg

diddy_mouse

Hi Erin! I hope everything is going well and the reason behind switching your trip around wasn’t a negative one. I’m really excited about French Quarter. I’ve been in the lobby area there, but never spent any quality time at the resort, so I’m looking forward to something new!

Aside from work-related high-stakes drama everything is cool. The good thing about us switching the travel dates is now Brandon will get to experience his birthday at WDW. :D It'll be a little early (we leave 3 days before his actual birthday) but I can't wait for him to put on that birthday button. *evil laugh* :drevil: Also we've never been in February so I'm really looking forward to it!

Since I work retail management it'll be a nice way to come down off the ridiculousness that is the holiday season. :hammer:

DiPSU224

Shoot Holly! I've gotten so behind, I still haven't made it through your wedding/honeymoon report! You are my hero with all these trips you get to make!
So glad you enjoyed POR. It's been our resort of choice (when we can afford it!) and second only to the Poly in our favorites. We've only stayed in the mansion sections and actually stayed in Acadian on the second part of our honeymoon.
Add me to the list of people who have never seen MJJP. I don't know what it is, we've never had the desire to stay and wait for it, but I've decided it's going to be a must-do on our next trip...whenever that may be. :cry:

Love this shot particularly because I am obsessed with the MK in the early morning. It reminds me of mornings sitting outside the bakery with my honey watching all the people march up Main Street. Early mornings in the parks are special for me...I get so excited thinking about all that is in store for us that day. Plus, the morning is when I get to watch the Trolley Show...it's my obsession. I think in my trip report from earlier this year, I compared my love of the Trolley show to that of a tween girl and her love of Justin Beiber. :lookaroun

Also love this shot as well. I feel like I have an emotional connection to the Poly and I've only honeymooned there...I can't imagine how you feel walking up Sunset Point again.

As always, I'll be looking forward to your upcoming TRs! :wave:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I was looking for myself in your April pics, I was there
at the same time LOL How about those crowds?!? They were really something huh.
I've always wanted to stay at Port Orleans, the pictures
are beautiful!Apparently there is an Earl at the airport we are flying out of next week
so Ryan and I are planning on starting it off early with the Earl! Looking forward to your next TR!!

Yeah, the crowds were insane! Mmm... the Earl of Sandwich, I can almost taste it! How fun that there's one at your airport.

I just can't keep up with your trips!
Work related Disney?! What a job!!!!!
How do I get signed up?

Best of luck on the 1/2 marathon, I look forward to the character pics from it.

Work-related trips really are a special thing. I'm incredibly lucky!

Thanks, we're better prepared for this run than any of our previous events, so I'm very excited. My expectations for character turnout aren't as high though, mostly because it's a night run and from what I read, there weren't a lot of characters on the course last year.

Awesome! Thanks for the link to all of the photos. The sad thing is, I totally read that TR.

I see it made a lasting impression! :lol: :lol:

It will probably be my favorite Disney stuffed plush time of all. It never fails that my daughter will want Mickey or Minnie, etc. at bedtime and we can never find the one she wants. At least if they're on the tree we'll know where they are!

I want to see pictures come Christmastime!

Thanks for sharing the picture! Now that I see it, I do recall that trip report. Excellent idea - I think we may have to try that out! Addie got a couple plush on her first trip last summer, so we'll have to get a few more in November and maybe next year she'll have enough for her tree (right now it's all pink and white). Not to turn your report into a Christmas tree discussion (although, maybe we'll have to start one of those closer to the holidays!), but I thought I'd share a pic of one of our 10. This is the official "Mickey tree" - has about 300+ ornaments - most of which are Hallmark and those we've purchased at WDW. This year we're getting a bigger tree, and I think I might get a rotating stand so we can enjoy all sides! Our basement is totally decorated in Disney, so it fits right in!

DSCN4710-2-1.jpg

I LOVE that you have an official Mickey tree. So awesome! Brett's parents have a rotating stand and it's so nice to be able to enjoy all the ornaments and not just the ones in more prominent locations. I look forward to seeing Addie's future plush tree, as well!

Aside from work-related high-stakes drama everything is cool. The good thing about us switching the travel dates is now Brandon will get to experience his birthday at WDW. It'll be a little early (we leave 3 days before his actual birthday) but I can't wait for him to put on that birthday button. *evil laugh* Also we've never been in February so I'm really looking forward to it!

Since I work retail management it'll be a nice way to come down off the ridiculousness that is the holiday season.

Birthdays at WDW are AMAZING. I spent my birthday there way back in 2005, and then we spent Brett's birthday there during 2009 when they were doing free park entry on birthdays. It was fabulous. I hope Brandon doesn't mind attention because people will be shouting out Happy Birthday to him from all directions. :D

I can't even imagine what your holiday season is like! This trip will definitely be something great to look forward to during all of that.

Shoot Holly! I've gotten so behind, I still haven't made it through your wedding/honeymoon report! You are my hero with all these trips you get to make!
So glad you enjoyed POR. It's been our resort of choice (when we can afford it!) and second only to the Poly in our favorites. We've only stayed in the mansion sections and actually stayed in Acadian on the second part of our honeymoon.
Add me to the list of people who have never seen MJJP. I don't know what it is, we've never had the desire to stay and wait for it, but I've decided it's going to be a must-do on our next trip...whenever that may be.

Aww, Diana, I'm sorry your next trip isn't currently in the works. But you're right, you'll have to make time for MJJP when you do get back to the World.

I've also only stayed in Magnolia Bend, but no complaints here, as I'm not sure whether or not I would fully embrace Alligator Bayou. :lol:

Love this shot particularly because I am obsessed with the MK in the early morning. It reminds me of mornings sitting outside the bakery with my honey watching all the people march up Main Street. Early mornings in the parks are special for me...I get so excited thinking about all that is in store for us that day. Plus, the morning is when I get to watch the Trolley Show...it's my obsession. I think in my trip report from earlier this year, I compared my love of the Trolley show to that of a tween girl and her love of Justin Beiber. :lookaroun

We're totally cut from the same cloth... mornings are so fabulous at the World. Hands down, my favorite time of the day, waiting to see what kind of magic will unfold.

Also love this shot as well. I feel like I have an emotional connection to the Poly and I've only honeymooned there...I can't imagine how you feel walking up Sunset Point again.

As always, I'll be looking forward to your upcoming TRs!

I've always loved the Poly, but ever since our first trip staying there, when Brett proposed last August, it's catapulted into a whole other stratosphere. One thing I do love about having gotten married there, is that we can always go back and visit it. Does that make sense? I love the idea of taking our kids out there one day, or pointing it out as we make our way across to the MK via boat. Sigghhhh. I know you get it. The Poly is built on magic!

TakeMeThere81

Day 1 Comments...

I have only finished Day 1, but I thought it might be easier for me to comment on a day-by-day basis as I progress through your TR.

I love this cute scarf! I have a very soft spot for scarves :)

While at DTD I picked out a gift card and loaded it with some cash. You see, normally Brett carries around all our cash/cards in his wallet, but without him I was on my own (and I had no desire to carry a full wallet around the parks). The gift card approach turned out to be super convenient because I didn’t have to worry about keeping and organizing change in my camera bag.

Yum!! EoS!!

I love your pics from POR. There is one in particular that is looking down a sidewalk with a canopy of trees. It shows the cool palm leaf impressions in the sidewalk. It's details like those that just steal my heart at Disney.

Love the GiftCard idea too...so simple! Why have I never thought of that??

I think this is partly why Brett and I don’t like fighting the crowds for Wishes. He gets a bit claustrophobic and I just become completely put out by people. Heck, I’ve never really thought of it this way before, but this might add to my love of Illuminations. It’s just so much easier to hold your ground for those viewing spots around the lagoon; hence, making the whole show that much more enjoyable.

I have never heard you tell us this about you two. We are like this too...I have more patience than Ben. He is like Brett...gets claustrophobic. Well I have patience, but not as much at the end of a long day when my feet hurt and I'm sticky from the heat of the day. I agree with you though about Illuminations. I bet the fact that there is more seating around the lagoon helps too.

Ok, following along and on to Day 2!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom