Heard anything more about the SM rehab??

RSoxNo1

99.9% positive that SM will be down in Feb. The only way it would be open is if something big happens to push back the refurb...and it would have to be VERY big.
Expect downtime to last from January 09 through (likely) March 2010.

Lee, do you have any new information on the refurbishment? I believe last we heard the specifics were: partial track replacement/reinforcement, improved effects, enclosing the queue area, and onboard audio.

Lee

Adventurer
Lee, do you have any new information on the refurbishment? I believe last we heard the specifics were: partial track replacement/reinforcement, improved effects, enclosing the queue area, and onboard audio.
Replace "partial" with "pretty much complete" and add "new trains".

xsupaxmanxsfnex

On my two trips this summer I hope to be taking a lot of pictures as it will be the last time riding SM it is today. Kinda sad but exciting at the same time.
As for Rock N Roller Coaster it is pretty smooth for a Vekoma coaster.

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
On my two trips this summer I hope to be taking a lot of pictures as it will be the last time riding SM it is today. Kinda sad but exciting at the same time.
As for Rock N Roller Coaster it is pretty smooth for a Vekoma coaster.

I know this is why I am hoping to have one more opportunity to experience SM before it changes into something brand new! This rehab gives everyone the perfect excuse to plan another trip once the new SM is unveiled! :sohappy:

djkidkaz

If this was happening in January, wouldn't Disney have said something by now to inform people making reservations? I mean, thats only 6 months away.

disney9752

gosh the last minute announcement is like the haunted mansion last year. what did we have mayb a month or 2 notice? keep in mind all attractions & shows operation is subject to change without notice.:wave:

disneytopdog

gosh the last minute announcement is like the haunted mansion last year. what did we have mayb a month or 2 notice? keep in mind all attractions & shows operation is subject to change without notice.:wave:

Last year they gave about a month and a half notice on RnR. It was down for refurb in Sept 07. I remember all the rumor posts. People saying there was no way they would close RnR with only a 2 months notice and "BAM" they did

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I haven't been told straight out, but indications are that the inline seating will remain.
Working on that one...
I hope so! I love the seating that is currently on the ride. I like being in my own little place "flying through space". Hey I rhymed...tehe

mickeymouse090

Original Poster
If this was happening in January, wouldn't Disney have said something by now to inform people making reservations? I mean, thats only 6 months away.

It is frustrating when you are planning a trip & find out such a big ride is rumored to be going down for a rehab, and extended one at that. It would be nice to actually know what is going on & not just be surprised at the last minute. :mad:

jt04

It is frustrating when you are planning a trip & find out such a big ride is rumored to be going down for a rehab, and extended one at that. It would be nice to actually know what is going on & not just be surprised at the last minute. :mad:

You really are not missing much if SM is closed because it has really become a rough ride. Just use the time you would have spent on SM riding EE or RnRC with your eyes closed :)

redkoala245

99.9% positive that SM will be down in Feb. The only way it would be open is if something big happens to push back the refurb...and it would have to be VERY big.

That is terrible :cry: I love that ride, and everyone else in my family will be dissappointed :(. This refurb must be big something like POTC.
What are they refurbishing?

EPCOT Explorer

Yowch that's long...New SM is gonna be awesome.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom