Having visitors at resorts

janni518

We are staying at the Beach Club next month. I have relatives in the area who may want to stop by. Anyone know the policy for having visitors? Will the be able to use the pool if we accompany them?

Also wondering if I should bring them on our Illlunations cruise as we have room. They don't need park passes for that do they?

Carolyn1717

We are staying at the Beach Club next month. I have relatives in the area who may want to stop by. Anyone know the policy for having visitors? Will the be able to use the pool if we accompany them?

Also wondering if I should bring them on our Illlunations cruise as we have room. They don't need park passes for that do they?

Not sure about the cruise, but they cannot use the pool. The pool is for resort guests only and they give you wrist bands for the pool. You would have local people taking a room for a night and having the whole family coming to swim all day...not to good for the guests.

Upvote 0

swimmom

About 5 years ago we were staying at WL and had visitors come spend the day with us. They were able to park in the WL parking lot at no charge. We didn't use the pool since it rained the entire day and was a little chilly, but I don't think there would have been any problem.

JuliaGulia is correct on the Illuminations Cruise. There is no park admission required and you have rented the boat for the maximum number of guest that the boat will allow.

Upvote 0

MicheleK

We stay at a Disney resorts almost every year, but one particular year we decided to rent a house off property for two weeks. My brother and his family stayed at Fort Wilderness with their camper. Almost every morning, we went to the guard station and asked permission to park/visit with my brother. Each day they check for my brother's name on the list and nicely ushered us in. We asked them if this was "okay" and the response was "of course". We asked if we could use the facilities and again the answer the "of course, pool included." My brother was told he was allowed up to, I think, six guests per camp site. We left our car in the parking lot each day, with permission, enjoyed the facilites, restaurants, pools, and water crafts. I was pleasantly surprised that Ft. Wilderness was so nice and accomodating!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

HiddenMinnie

Not sure about the cruise, but they cannot use the pool. The pool is for resort guests only and they give you wrist bands for the pool. You would have local people taking a room for a night and having the whole family coming to swim all day...not to good for the guests.

I don't ever remember having a wrist band when we stayed at Pop or AS Music. We went swimming at both resorts (separate years) and I don't remember seeing anyone wearing a wrist band to show that they were resort guests.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

Do they really give you wrist bands for the pool at the Beach Club? I have stayed at 7 different resorts on property and have never been given a wrist band for the pool. I would think that your visitors would be able to use the pool with no problem.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Do they really give you wrist bands for the pool at the Beach Club? I have stayed at 7 different resorts on property and have never been given a wrist band for the pool. I would think that your visitors would be able to use the pool with no problem.

As far as I know the YC & BC are the only resorts on property that do that. They have the most unique pool on property and they really have to control access to it. Imagine if everyone converged on one pool, there would be no room for the guests of that resort. They actually have a fence around the pool and you have to pass a CM at that gate, and they check everyone. The other resort do not seem to have this problem.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

We were given wristbands in January 2007 at stormalong bay. Everyone in our party had to get one on, even our little ones.

Thank you for confirming that. Only thing I can possibly think of with those not given bands is the time of year they went. Maybe the resort was slow, but I know they usually always give them out and check them before you can get into the pool area. I live here in Orlando, I could just imagine the city using this pool as their own private pool club. If they didn't control it the pool would be packed at all times.

Kind of goes along with people getting AAA room discounts saying the front desk never checks. I wouldn't want to be the one there when they decide to check.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Thank you for confirming that. Only thing I can possibly think of with those not given bands is the time of year they went. Maybe the resort was slow, but I know they usually always give them out and check them before you can get into the pool area. I live here in Orlando, I could just imagine the city using this pool as their own private pool club. If they didn't control it the pool would be packed at all times.

Kind of goes along with people getting AAA room discounts saying the front desk never checks. I wouldn't want to be the one there when they decide to check.

It also might have something to do with the cast members. We had one who was very strict about the wrist bands, but maybe some are not so strict?

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

I stayed at the Yacht Club last summer, the same pool as the Beach Club and no one had wrist bands. Unless some change was made since last June.

Yacht and Beach do share the pool, and it is the same one we are discussing with wrist bands. Due to the nature of the pool experience, this is the only pool on property that does this. There may be some days that due to weather or volume or even times of day (earlier, late) that they don't do it, but it is a regular practice.

As with anything, I'm sure there are ways to get around it, but the routine is that when you enter, show your room key and get a wristband. Usually at the main towel station. Guards will approach people without bands.

Upvote 0

Eyorefan

As far as I know the YC & BC are the only resorts on property that do that. They have the most unique pool on property and they really have to control access to it. Imagine if everyone converged on one pool, there would be no room for the guests of that resort. They actually have a fence around the pool and you have to pass a CM at that gate, and they check everyone. The other resort do not seem to have this problem.

Wow, thanks for sharing this. As I said I have never stayed at the Beach/Yacht club so I'm not that familure with it.

I know that the main pool is really unique, but do they also have "quiet pool" for people to use? Besides the design of the pool, I'm also wondering if the location might have something to do with the need to restrict access. Since it is an easy walk from Epcot, Boardwalk and DHS I can imagine the temptation for non guests would be great.

Upvote 0

Eyekimore

We are DVC members and BC is our home. They definately do give wrist bands especially during peak times. If you were coming at some odd time of the year- you might not encounter the bands. In the heat of the summer they have every pool entrance guarded and they look at every room card to give a band. We went in one morning prior to their checking- they sent someone around to check the cards of everyone who was already in there.

I don't mind- it means a less crowded pool experience for me. The only other pool that they really frown on pool hopping to is the AKL. (I've never heard of bands for there- we stayed there at Christmas- too cold to swim!)

(As far as the quiet pool and the Villas pool are concerned- no bands necessary.)

Upvote 0

pways

I just stayed at the Beach Club and they did wrist band us to go into the pool. I think it depends on the day and how booked the resort is.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
We are DVC members and BC is our home. They definately do give wrist bands especially during peak times. If you were coming at some odd time of the year- you might not encounter the bands. In the heat of the summer they have every pool entrance guarded and they look at every room card to give a band. We went in one morning prior to their checking- they sent someone around to check the cards of everyone who was already in there.

I don't mind- it means a less crowded pool experience for me. The only other pool that they really frown on pool hopping to is the AKL. (I've never heard of bands for there- we stayed there at Christmas- too cold to swim!)

(As far as the quiet pool and the Villas pool are concerned- no bands necessary.)

This is the same as what I experienced when staying at the YC. A CM checking ID and giving out wristbands- including walking up to anyone who they spotted without one.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Wow, thanks for sharing this. As I said I have never stayed at the Beach/Yacht club so I'm not that familure with it.

I know that the main pool is really unique, but do they also have "quiet pool" for people to use? Besides the design of the pool, I'm also wondering if the location might have something to do with the need to restrict access. Since it is an easy walk from Epcot, Boardwalk and DHS I can imagine the temptation for non guests would be great.

Actually it's not the location..it is the pool that attracts everyone. I would be rich if I had a nickle for every guest that booked another resort and asked if they could use the pool at the YC & BC......it's all the time. But I know when my kids stayed there and went to the pool with a bundle of towels and toys for the kids with them, they had to put everything down to show their wrist band. That CM was sitting right at the gate....They even questioned me about it at that time.

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

My visit was in early June 2007, Maybe that's not considered busy yet and that's why there were no wristbands. I would have felt more secure if we did have them, not knowing if the people in the pool were actually staying at the hotel or even on WDW property for that matter.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom