Having Mouse Withdrawls

WDWPrnces02

Ive got a question......

Would you go to disney for a weekend???? Say like a fri, sat, sun come home monday......posibbly go to the parks.....:cool:

Being short on doe-ray-mi, id want to take a mini vaca before my week vaca in september.........

Any thoughts :lookaroun

trr313

Since we live in Gainesville which is only at the max 2 hours away we go down for the weekends as often as possible. It's great to head down on a Friday and come back Sunday. I always have Mouse withdrawls, especially when I see the commercials or specials on Travel Channel or Food Network. So far my next trip is October 6th maybe if I win the lottery, lol I'll go sooner.

Upvote 0

MKCrazy

trr313 said:
Since we live in Gainesville which is only at the max 2 hours away we go down for the weekends as often as possible. It's great to head down on a Friday and come back Sunday. I always have Mouse withdrawls, especially when I see the commercials or specials on Travel Channel or Food Network. So far my next trip is October 6th maybe if I win the lottery, lol I'll go sooner.

LOL. You sound like our family. We always say "if we win the lottery"

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Yes, I would and have. In fact, I'm flying down the Thursday night of labor day weekend and flying home on Monday. I'm also able to take advantage of the free dining plan this weekend which is great.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

If you can swing it a weekend trip is so wonderful! Sometimes the shows just don't get it done LOL. You never know, especially in September when you can get come across a great rate.

Shoppingnut...me too! I am going 8/24-8/27 with the free dining plan. Just can't pass it up!

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

Yes, yes, yes

We live in Chicago and take several smaller trips a year, using our annual passes. If you are not intent on seeing absolutely everything, but just hit on whatever the highlights are for you, you can definitely do and see a lot of attractions in this amount of time, and have time to spend at your resort during mid day. We usually take advantage of one of the EMH, either morning or evening, and structure the day around that. We take the earliers 6:30 a.m. flight and can do early check in and get to a park around 12:00 noon to grab a fastpass, and depart around 4 or 5 p.m. to visit one park on the departing morning. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Teenchy

We also do lots of short trips, usually 4 day trips (incuding our travel days). And usually off season times (Like September) are great because lines are short etc.

If you are Disney veterans you can get alot of things done in a couple of days, or do some of the off the beaten path things you didnt do before.

Upvote 0

minnie29uk

SAdly live in the UK - so not really a possibility!!But having withdrawal symptoms too,and only just returned from 3 weeks at Easter!!!
My family and friends just dont get why Im so addicted!!!

Lynn

Upvote 0

sbkline

WDWPrnces02 said:
Ive got a question......

Would you go to disney for a weekend???? Say like a fri, sat, sun come home monday......posibbly go to the parks.....:cool:

Being short on doe-ray-mi, id want to take a mini vaca before my week vaca in september.........

Any thoughts :lookaroun

Yes, I would...and I did.:p

Last year, on Memorial day weekend, the wife and I left Thursday night, stayed over in a motel, then arrived in Florida Friday evening and visited my Aunt in Neptune Beach. Then, we left Saturday afternoon for Kissimmee, andarrived Saturday evening. We had never seen downtown disney before, so we went there Sunday afternoon. Then, Monday, we did EPCOT, stayed over again and hit the road Tuesday morning and got home Wednesday afternoon. And we live 18 hours away also, in Mattoon, IL.

We had planned to not go to Florida in 2005 and go back for a full vacation in 2006. However, I couldn't wait to go back for at least a day, especially since they had that new Soarin' ride. It's a good thing we did, too, because the wife got pregnant and had her baby in May of this year, so we ended up not being able to go this year as planned.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We're flying down Aug. 23, ( eve. ), and flying home late on the 27th, just 4 full days, but enough to hold us over for the big one in Nov., 8 days then, but I still can't wait for Aug, not soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

justducky78

Definitely! We're actually planning to do that this Sept. We usually stay at least 8-10 days but we have an annual pass (for the first time!) and just HAVE to use it again this year! We're taking friends, too, so that's another first.

I say go for it, especially if it's a fairly short flight.

Upvote 0

lcsrig

Since I teach I had the ability to go on a Mon to WEd last summer. It was in July so a little warm, but we had a blast. My friend hadn't been in 20 years so I had a lot to show her in a short time!
I would love to be able to do it this year but being 3 months pregnant, it isn't looking so good. Trying to bug the hubby to go down in May when the newbie is 5 months!

Upvote 0

HoW

When I lived in Florida, weekend trips were common for me. Now that I'm a little further away (Western NC), the quick trips seem less and less feasible, and I miss them terribly!!! However, we're going for a week in Aug, and I keep trying to convince my family that a weekend trip in Dec for my 25th birthday would be the perfect getaway for me (they still aren't convinced, but I won't give up!).

Upvote 0

imamouse

This sounds great. I've started a new job and it's stressing me out. I need some Mouse therapy! I have an AP and lots of frequent flier miles so I ought to be able to pull this off. Now, if I can only fit it around my son's many baseball games....

Upvote 0

SarahBella82

My sister lives in FL, and I don't get much vacation time from work, so I end up going down for four or five day weekends once in a while. It's a fun way to hit the parks that my mother doesn't like, since it's just me and my sis. I always get back to work feeling refreshed by the Mouse.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom