Have you ever been stuck or evacuated from a ride?

lwalker8

I got stuck on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. At first i didnt mind but after awhile the sound effects got really annoying. Everytime the ride started moving again it would stop after we moved 3 feet! They never evaccuated us though. Being stuck in the same spot for a long time made me get a really high score though lol :lol: .

Same thing happened to me...999,999 was my score:king: . I was so proud of myself.

I've also been evacuated from BTM, and Splash...both very cool to see.:wave:

coasterphil

I was evacuated from Test Track about 3 years ago. The power shut off right before we got to the handling test. They shut the ride down, turned on the lights and led us out of the ride. It was interesting to walk past everything.

ThumperDude

I've been stuck on HM and SSE a few times. Didn't know why. Then we realized we had to stop to let people in wheelchairs get on or off the ride. No big deal though.
And once in DL we got stuck on the submarine ride. But we didn't mind. We stopped right next to the curtain of bubbles for about 10 minutes. That was all we saw, just bubbles. Very relaxing and calming. Then we were a little disapointed when we finally moved on.

I got caught on Test Track last Novemer in the middle of the fast loop.

So there was me dangling at a 45 degree angle for 20 minutes.

We weren't evacuated but a Cast Member did come over using the walkway around the track to see if we were ok, and when we were finally back at the loading bay they gave us another ride through.

Sitting at a 45 degree slant isn't anywhere near as comfortable when you aren't moving! :)

ThumperDude

I got caught on Test Track last Novemer in the middle of the fast loop.

So there was me dangling at a 45 degree angle for 20 minutes.

We weren't evacuated but a Cast Member did come over using the walkway around the track to see if we were ok, and when we were finally back at the loading bay they gave us another ride through.

Sitting at a 45 degree slant isn't anywhere near as comfortable when you aren't moving! :)

Ouch...that does sound uncomfortable. I was stuck on a rollercoaster at six flags one time. The train was just about to go into a loop when the brakes locked. Fortunatly for everyone, we all were almost level with the ground except for the front cars who had just started the curve upward. We were evacuated of course.
Then, after the paramedics checked us over, the staff asked us passengers if we wanted a pass to the front of the line if/when it was fixed for the next day. How absurd. I just rolled my eyes and walked away.

Kerby626

In 2002 my wife and I were stuck on two rides on the same night, at MK. Splash Mountain AND Buzz Lightyear, one after another. We were talking to a couple who was in front of us on Splash. They vowed to not follow us to Thunder Mountain. I think Space Mountain had also gone down that night. It was an "E ticket night" or something. All the cool rides were open til midnight. Definitely fun

Joepic

The only experience I've ever had was on Test Track. We were stopped for about 5 minutes straight. It doesn't seem like a long time, but it seemed like forever

Beth Scholz

My husband just saw what i was reading and told about Him and his sister getting stuck on test track 3 years ago for 30 minutes in the part where they test the heat effect on cars . Sounds terrible to me .

tigsmom

Just last month we were stuck on Winnie the Pooh for about 10 minutes when the ride broke down. The empty car in front of us just would not move (we were just shy of the exit). Everyone was standing there waiting to ride and it was late (EMH) and we were all tired. They had a bunch of people look at it before it finally started and we could get off .

RetiredFRN

haunted mamsion evac

last year while we were in the stretching room of the HM everything stopped. The lights went on and they all had us sit down on the floor to wait a few minutes to see if the ride would start again. We sat for about 10 minutes, the room looks much different with all the lights on. Finally they said the ride was shut down and we were all ushered out this side door which led out to the quadrangle area. Also, whle riding TTA last year the lights went on in space mountain and you could see the entire rollercoaster. The funny part was we went onTTA a few times because it was raining and the third time we went through SM we saw to CM's up on the top hug each other!! After that the lights went out and the ride started. They must have been really excited that they fixed the ride!!!:lol:

iheartdisney91

thunder mountain too. it stopped so we had to get out of the carts and walk down the mountain then go inside the mountain and the cm said no pictures! so we didnt get any. but it was pretty neat.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Several years ago they stopped Kraken on its first big climb while they unloaded a girl who was crying to get off. We sat staring into the sun for 10 - 15 mins until she and the staff were clear of the ride

YankeeMouse

Got stuck on Test Track. Completely broke down right before the car went outside. Cast members walked us through the entire ride back the way we came, so we experienced a lot of it walking through with the lights on. Very cool.

Figment82

I've ridden Space Mountain twice with the lights on. The first time my dad and I waited 60 minutes to ride (pre-FP days). Right before we were getting on, the ride shut down for a bit. Finally we were able to ride, but as soon as we went through, the lights came on and we rode the whole way through like that. After getting off, we told the CM what happened and he let us go back up to ride it again.

Last year a similar thing happened, the other side had a cascade at unload which caused the worklights to come on, but our car was far enough through that it went anyway. We rode the entire way with the lights on.

It's actually scarier, in my opinion, as those bars are very low. I've also ridden the TTA twice when the lights were on, and it's a great sight.

wdwmomof3

During the soft opening of the new Finding Nemo ride, the ride stoped for about 10-15 minutes. I'm not sure if this is why I wasn't crazy about this ride or not but we were all ready to get off.

joanna71985

I almost got stuck on Space Mountain. The lights were turned on and we were hurtled (very quickly) towards the end of the ride. It's very scary riding with the lights on. The ride was closed down after we got off.

i got evacuated from Rockin RollerCoaster a few years back. We shot off, started to go into the loop, got halfway up, and then just came back down. We sat there for a good half hour, with lights on(!!!). I managed to wiggle my hand into my pocket to get my camera, but the pictures aren't on this computer:cry: it was really cool, but after a while those intense restraints that lock you in get really uncomfortable. After a while they got us out, we all climebd out and onto the little pathway next to the tracks. it was AWESOME. the CM pointed out all the computers and magnets that control the ride. and we got a fast pass for when it was fixed. good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom