Have we done this video, yet? Fight Breaks Out at Walt Disney World Ferry

matt9112

Proximity and

Florida Resident Summer Fun Tickets

Enjoy 4 days of theme park fun for $54 per day, plus tax (total $215 plus tax).​

Insulting...im probably not getting APs again for years with all this new pass none sense but im used to old APs so yeah not paying 50 bucks a day.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Look at the difference between what's advertised in the WDW commercials vs. what reality is. I've lost count of how many people I've seen complain that they're not even close.

People like us - who go at least on an every-few-years basis know exactly what to expect...not everyone does, and Disney fails to live up to expectations for a lot of people.
You mean nobody on the paths as fireworks explode overhead and Mickey Mouse not crouching down to hug your kid alone without a queue snake and a posted wait time doesn’t happen? 🤔

matt9112

Look at the difference between what's advertised in the WDW commercials vs. what reality is. I've lost count of how many people I've seen complain that they're not even close.

People like us - who go at least on an every-few-years basis know exactly what to expect...not everyone does, and Disney fails to live up to expectations for a lot of people.

This is well said.

LittleBuford

Financial stress caused by very high cost days that don’t throw money at Disney as I do is every bit as acute, inflammatory or “real” as what people deal with at home.

the expectations are often too high…and when the reality hatches some don’t feel like it’s a “holiday”

this has been going on for decades…the Bobs just make it more intentional/worse
I'm not sure what you're arguing, though. You seem to agree with me that there's no excuse for violent behaviour, and I assume you also concur that there's no shortage of information as to the crowdedness and expense of WDW. So what should Disney do, in your opinion, to mitigate the frustrations of those who inexplicably decide to embark on a holiday that is only going to bring them stress and disappointment?

matt9112

I'm not sure what you're arguing, though. You seem to agree with me that there's no excuse for violent behaviour, and I assume you also concur that there's no shortage of information as to the crowdedness and expense of WDW. So what should Disney do, in your opinion, to mitigate the frustrations of those who inexplicably decide to embark on a holiday that is only going to bring them stress and disappointment?

As pixie noted...wantonly misrepresentations of the parks is a start. Creating more raw capacity in the parks is another Avenue. Enforcing current rules and regulations...look at the dress codes for example...unrelated but my point is if people think disney is lax there more likely not to care. Furthermore as knee jerk reactionaries TWDC is i assume security will now join the boats....theres a few hundred grand we need to take away from epcot 😅

ImperfectPixie

I don't disagree with your point about information...but you'd be amazed at the huge numbers of people out there who don't even think that they may want to look beyond the WDW website or their travel agent when it comes to planning a trip. So all they see is the marketing materials.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Condoning the behavior isn’t a requirement to assess some of the factors that cause it.

I don’t have to yell “yeah! Damn straight” when people fight on the Joe Fowler to be able to highlight it’s not “the happiest place on earth” for everyone because they painted it on a wall.

LittleBuford

You're much kinder in your assessment of people than I am. No-one should take adverts at face value, particularly when committing to something as expensive as a Disney holiday. And even if one can never fully prepare for the actual experience of being at the parks, I don't think it's Disney's fault or responsibility when dissatisfied guests choose to behave inappropriately. Nothing Disney has done—not the price increases, not the service cuts, not FastPass+ or Genie+—provides a reasonable context for rudeness and violence.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't disagree with your point about information...but you'd be amazed at the huge numbers of people out there who don't even think that they may want to look beyond the WDW website or their travel agent when it comes to planning a trip. So all they see is the marketing materials.

to be fair…it’s always been that way.

I officially stopped suffering fools around March of 2020 (unrelated issues 😎)…so knowledge is a requirement in my opinion now.

google is very easy to use. Hell…you don’t even have to read/type…just make Alexa do it now

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Condoning the behavior isn’t a requirement to assess some of the factors that cause it.

I don’t have to yell “yeah! Damn straight” when people fight on the Joe Fowler to be able to highlight it’s not “the happiest place on earth” for everyone because they painted it on a wall.
Well, it's not the Happiest Place on Earth. That honour goes to Disneyland. ;)

ImperfectPixie

You're much kinder in your assessment of people than I am. No-one should take adverts at face value, particularly when committing to something as expensive as a Disney holiday. And even if one can never fully prepare for the actual experience of being at the parks, I don't think it's Disney's fault or responsibility when dissatisfied guests choose to behave inappropriately. Nothing Disney has done—not the price increases, not the service cuts, not FastPass+ or Genie+—provides a reasonable context for rudeness and violence.
Oh, I don't condone the behavior for any reason. But humans are gonna human, and Disney has been sort of setting themselves up for having more belligerent/frustrated/angry guests. I also think people don't hydrate or eat enough while they're in the parks...and that is likely a contributing factor, too, as is the heat of Florida.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you have a very practical and defensible stance on this. “British”…in other words.

we tend to excuse a little too much and analyze in circles in these types of scenarios over the pond. It’s how we are so delightfully ineffective

ImperfectPixie

to be fair…it’s always been that way.

I officially stopped suffering fools around March of 2020 (unrelated issues 😎)…so knowledge is a requirement in my opinion now.

google is very easy to use. Hell…you don’t even have to talk/type…just make Alexa do it now
Yeah, but in the days of social media/forums/FB groups, there's really no excuse at this point.

Hell, I have 4 family members that know I'm a Disney nut and not a one of them asked me anything prior to their trips (and big shocker - none plan on going back).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, but in the days of social media/forums/FB groups, there's really no excuse at this point.

Hell, I have 4 family members that know I'm a Disney nut and not a one of them asked me anything prior to their trips (and big shocker - none plan on going back).
Kinda like how my in-laws booked a cruise ship, did the exact opposite of my advice based on experience, bombed it…and now tell people it’s the worst thing ever as “experts”?

they also currently are in all out rebellion against the DVC that I advised they waited 8 years too long to buy…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom