Have we done this video, yet? Fight Breaks Out at Walt Disney World Ferry

Marc Davis Fan

To be fair... With tens of thousands of people visiting every day, things like this are bound to happen. They've been happening since the beginning. But even if they're quite rare (relative to the total number of guests), having them go viral every time they're captured on video is going to make them seem increasingly common.

That being said, I do suspect that the super-high prices and confusing planning requirements are adding to the stress. Things did seem a lot more pleasant when people didn't have to spend their life savings to visit WDW, and could simply walk onto any attraction they chose, etc.

castlecake2.0

To be fair... With tens of thousands of people visiting every day, things like this are bound to happen. They've been happening since the beginning. But even if they're quite rare (relative to the total number of guests), having them go viral every time they're captured on video is going to make them seem increasingly common.

That being said, I do suspect that the super-high prices and confusing planning requirements are adding to the stress. Things did seem a lot more pleasant when people didn't have to spend their life savings to visit WDW, and could simply walk onto any attraction they chose, etc.
There’s not much to plan right now in the park unless you want table service reservations?

LittleBuford

It's really sad, but I bet it happens more and more. With the high cost of everything and not everything open, the tension has got to be high to just be able to ride a certain attraction. I can see a person saying" I paid thousands for this vacation and we are going to get in the line and ride this (even if they cut the line). I can see tempers rising due to all the little and big things that are disney right now. It's really a sad situation, but human behavior, IMO, that has been pushed too far for some personality types.

We started going to disney in the "dark ages" before any fast passes. Everyone waited in the same line. We all got hot, tired, and thirsty, but we all were equal in the waiting game. I can't remember ever seeing fights, arguments, or confrontations back then. Now everything is scheduled and costs so much more, and people want to get the "value"for their money, whatever it takes. Sad.
Disney is not responsible for this sort of behaviour. One can blame the company for many things, but not for violent guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom