Have we done this video, yet? Fight Breaks Out at Walt Disney World Ferry

matt9112

I completely disagree. Visiting Disney is a choice, not a necessity. Being frustrated at costs, crowds, and wait times—all things that people should know about before going—is no excuse for violent behaviour.

Some peoples only answer to a problem is violence. Legitimately dont have the skills to attempt to solve it with words.

SteveAZee

I completely disagree. Visiting Disney is a choice, not a necessity. Being frustrated at costs, crowds, and wait times—all things that people should know about before going—is no excuse for violent behaviour.
I've mentioned it before, but there are people who lead their lives with the 'thinking' side and those who lead with their 'feeling' side. What you say makes sense to those of us who run off information/facts/data, but there are many people who, instead, work off of emotions/instinct/gut.

I agree that there shouldn't be violent behavior. I think trying to explain why some people do it anyway with logic and reason kind of misses the point, IMO.

ImperfectPixie

Well, a case could be made that even Disney themselves know there are capacity and satisfaction problems going on in the parks and that they've been escalating, and they've yet to do anything to actually address those problems, and in fact have directly contributed to making them worse...so in a way, they are partially responsible for the amount of stress surrounding a visit to WDW. (I'm not excusing the behavior AT ALL...just giving credit for stress levels where it's due.)

Timmay

Disagree. Cell phone cameras have been around for how long? I've definitely seen a big uptick in public violence in recent years.
But it’s just the last couple of years it has become popular to watch…so you get more and more people uploading such videos. It’s no different than the “Karen” phenomenon. They’ve been there forever. Trust me. We just had a different name for them when I would deal with them regularly.

LittleBuford

I’m not basing it on personal opinion. It’s something that was noticed based on data…although I admit dated data.

incidents rose when crowds were high AND/OR price increases were recent.

so basically…all the time now.

i believe the number of incidents in Disneyland went up as well the last few years prior to Vid as the Bobs conducted: “operation price correction”.
It stands to reason that higher crowds lead to more opportunities for conflict, but short of putting a cap on the number of guests allowed in, I can't see what Disney can do to mitigate that. Nor do I understand how lowering prices would decrease people's propensity for violence.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It stands to reason that higher crowds lead to more opportunities for conflict, but short of putting a cap on the number of guests allowed in, I can't see what Disney can do to mitigate that. Nor do I understand how lowering prices would decrease people's propensity for violence.
Raising prices has been a noticed “catalyst”…nobody would advocate putting a lid on the box would reverse it.

maintaining pricing to lesson the financial burden would…in theory…perhaps make a small dent in it. Theory that played out in practice.

LittleBuford

Well, a case could be made that even Disney themselves know there are capacity and satisfaction problems going on in the parks and that they've been escalating, and they've yet to do anything to actually address those problems, and in fact have directly contributed to making them worse...so in a way, they are partially responsible for the amount of stress surrounding a visit to WDW. (I'm not excusing the behavior AT ALL...just giving credit for stress levels where it's due.)
I honestly don't understand what people mean when they talk about stress—real stress—in relation to a Disney holiday. Everyone who chooses to visit knows (or should know) that WDW is crowded and expensive. The experience certainly isn't for everyone, but there's enough information out for people to form a reasonable idea of whether being in such an environment is going to cause them stress or not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, but at least, if everyone's drunk, a few punches will miss the mark and at the end most everyone falls down or passes out.
Agreed…

in my day…it would lead to some missed swings, then tears, then an attempt to date each other, then a singalong to Pearl Jam or dexys midnight runners…then crying about nothing

…those were the days, Edith

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I honestly don't understand what people mean when they talk about stress—real stress—in relation to a Disney holiday. Everyone who chooses to visit knows (or should know) that WDW is crowded and expensive. The experience certainly isn't for everyone, but there's enough information out for people to form a reasonable idea of whether being in such an environment is going to cause them stress or not.
Financial stress caused by very high cost days that don’t throw money at Disney as I do is every bit as acute, inflammatory or “real” as what people deal with at home.

the expectations are often too high…and when the reality hatches some don’t feel like it’s a “holiday”

this has been going on for decades…the Bobs just make it more intentional/worse

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Proximity and

Florida Resident Summer Fun Tickets

Enjoy 4 days of theme park fun for $54 per day, plus tax (total $215 plus tax).​

I noticed sandwich board signs for those…and the food and wine “two for” tickets…

…don’t get it. Except that the “premium” garbage is of course crap and they need butts in Seats.

It appears so on the ground.

but you know…”for the 50th”…blah blah. They’ve got the zealots and from what I saw the employees a bit snowed on that.

ImperfectPixie

Look at the difference between what's advertised in the WDW commercials vs. what reality is. I've lost count of how many people I've seen complain that they're not even close.

People like us - who go at least on an every-few-years basis know exactly what to expect...not everyone does, and Disney fails to live up to expectations for a lot of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom