Haunted Mantion Refurb

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, the option was to push it forward, or push it back. They chose to push it back and only take out July 4th, where if they went forward, it would of gotten April's days around Easter.

They chose 1 day versus 2 weeks of "it really shouldn't be closed" time.

nibblesandbits

The average summer day wont reach capacity at MK, but the days around Easter will.
I was gonna say the same thing.

The summer months are more spread out...so people aren't all going to be congregating at one time...but during Spring Break/Easter...they only have a few certain weeks to go...so capacity is reached much easier...causing more problems if big name rides, such as HM are closed.

Sure, people will be upset either way...but this is the least worse time to do it currently.

please imagine me sitting in front of my computer pumping my fist like i'm watching magglio ordonez hitting a home run in game 4!:hammer:

i'm going in october! open for mnsshp! yay!:sohappy::sohappy:

Ragetti

Well darn. First time to WDW in 13 years and one of favorites rides will be closed. Boy, I pumped this ride up to my daughter too. Now I have to tell her it's closed. :( It'll probably be a few years before we can go back too.

Ah well.. had to be closed on someone's vacation s'ppose.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Well darn. First time to WDW in 13 years and one of favorites rides will be closed. Boy, I pumped this ride up to my daughter too. Now I have to tell her it's closed. :( It'll probably be a few years before we can go back too.

Ah well.. had to be closed on someone's vacation s'ppose.

Just focus on the attractions that weren't there 13 years ago !!

I'm sure your daughter will more excited about going than to dwell on this attraction being closed too much. :wave:

Rob562

Yay!!! It'll be open for my trip!!!

Mine, too. Actually, it'll be open for both of my trips... I'm there in June through the 5th, so I'll get to see it in its' final days before refurb, and then I'll be there on Sept 15th, and I'll get to see it days after it re-opens. Whee! :sohappy:

(Though by the way things are sounding, should I be prepared to not be able to ride SSE on my June trip?)

-Rob

Figment571

You'll really be able to tell the difference after the refurb....... hopefully:lookaroun

No I'm really stoked about this one. It needs it soooooo bad. So are we getting the new bride whole kit and kabuddle?

OmegaKnight

This is the absolute best news I have heard about WDW in some time. The attraction is finally getting its long overdue rehab and its going to be awesome to see it restored to its former glory.

Tom Morrow

Ok, you guys keep saying it needs a rehab terribly, but what exactly is wrong with it to where it desperately needs a rehab?

davidpw97

I'm with the previous poster. For someone who only gets to the parks maybe once a year and doesn't always ride HM, I have no idea what sort of things need to be cleaned/fixed/repaired or tuned up and probably couldn't tell the difference anyway. So for those of you who ride HM all the time and can tell when things aren't working properly, What are the things that need fixing? What do you expect or hope that they do during the refurb?

Valawen9

The Haunted Mansion attraction in the Magic Kingdom Park will be closed for routine refurbishment beginning Wednesday, June 6, through Wednesday, September 12, 2007, reopening to Guests on Thursday, September 13, 2007.

Well I guess I better get as many rides in as possible between now and June!

Launchpad

Account Suspended
So for those of you who ride HM all the time and can tell when things aren't working properly, What are the things that need fixing?
  • The sound cuts out more often than not.
  • One out of every ten times I ride it seems I ride without audio throughout any of the ride.
  • EVERY time I ride we here static noise -- usually in the graveyard.
  • Madame Leota needs some work. Not only the floating Disneyland effect, but her face looks terrible. When the video loops and starts over it looks scrambled and you can tell that its an obvious projection. Years before it looked pretty good.
  • What is the green lazer on the wall in the sceance room? Its right above the area you enter the room and you can only see it on the opposite side. Is this supposed to be anything?
  • The "picture frames" in the stretch room have dents in them and you can tell that they are obviously just paper. A little TLC would be really easy and make it look a little nicer.
  • Our bride is horrible compared to Disneyland's.
  • The CMs are in desperate need of a rehab. They used to be scary, now they aren't working quite right and get spooky confused with a-hole. A few of them are working properly but a handful of them are just horrible. Spooky, good. A-hole, well, I hear lots of people complain. A quick fix here would be nice.

Rob562

• The sound cuts out more often than not.
  • One out of every ten times I ride it seems I ride without audio throughout any of the ride.
  • EVERY time I ride we here static noise -- usually in the graveyard.
  • Madame Leota needs some work. Not only the floating Disneyland effect, but her face looks terrible. When the video loops and starts over it looks scrambled and you can tell that its an obvious projection. Years before it looked pretty good.
  • What is the green lazer on the wall in the sceance room? Its right above the area you enter the room and you can only see it on the opposite side. Is this supposed to be anything?
  • The "picture frames" in the stretch room have dents in them and you can tell that they are obviously just paper. A little TLC would be really easy and make it look a little nicer.
  • Our bride is horrible compared to Disneyland's.
  • The CMs are in desperate need of a rehab. They used to be scary, now they aren't working quite right and get spooky confused with a-hole. A few of them are working properly but a handful of them are just horrible. Spooky, good. A-hole, well, I hear lots of people complain. A quick fix here would be nice.

-The sound system does need a complete overhaul. That's probably the #1 issue.
-The scrims in the graveyard will probably be replaced.
-That laser effect (or bright pin-sized spotlight) has been there for a long time. It shines onto a "glow in the dark" material that holds the charge from the light briefly, causing ghostly "trails" to form as an eerie effect...
-I hope they replace the strings on the instruments in the seance room so that they're much less visible. The more realistic objects around the edge of the room (chair, table with lamp, etc) are floating on invisible supports, why not the instruments?
-The previously mentioned stretching rooms need work. They creak and rub, the wallpaper needs replacing, the portraits are curling around the edges showing how the trick works.

-Hopefully with an extended downtime it'll give them a chance to tighten up the tolerances on the wheel assemblies that deal with rotation on the doombuggies. The past couple years the car rotation has really been jerky when it comes to a place in the track where it rotates. Because the rotation is a factor of rails in the track, which I assume are smooth and gradual, and the speed of the cars is constant, the jerkiness can only be caused by play in the gears and wheel bogeys.

And all this isn't even considering new effects that they may add, such as effects that have recently been added to Disneyland's Mansion.

-Rob

DizneyD

Veteran turned noob again...

Okay, I officially feel like a noob again, even after 35+ trips to WDW. Just got back, and I agree audio needs major rehab, along with many other things in the HM. However I saw a few new things.

1)I was there with some other veteran WDW goers and we all noticed a lightening/thunder effect on the outside of the Mansion before we went in. It rocked! I had never seen that before, and neither had they.

2)There already seems to be some new ghosts in residence since they or I had been there last. All changes noted were in the ballroom scene. A ghost on a pier above the fireplace, fireplace glowing much brighter green, rocking chair ghost much more vivid & very very bright eyes, and circling ghosts all looked updated.

Now, regretably I hadn't been back for almost 2yrs., but my veteran pals were just there a month or so ago, and didn't remember seeing them.

Anyone know if they are new or I'm just severly lacking in my WDW visits. I think it's both.

St205

I rode this last week. And YES it does need a rehab so bad it's not even funny. The doombuggie's cushioning came off,sound is way too low I coudn't hear anything...and the hitchiking ghosts weren't moving! What the deuce?

About time it needed some proper maintanence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom