Haunted Mansion

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
The soundtrack is now available, at least on Spotify. It's pretty good by mostly sticking to the script by X Atencio and Buddy Baker with a few more nods to New Orleans, like the Soul Rebels song that leads off. The Grim Grinning Ghost version is appropriately playful and a nice spin.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
The soundtrack is now available, at least on Spotify. It's pretty good by mostly sticking to the script by X Atencio and Buddy Baker with a few more nods to New Orleans, like the Soul Rebels song that leads off. The Grim Grinning Ghost version is appropriately playful and a nice spin.
Do you have a link? All I find reference to is the previous movie.

wtyy21

The soundtrack is now available, at least on Spotify. It's pretty good by mostly sticking to the script by X Atletico and Buddy Baker with a few more nods to New Orleans, like the Soul Rebels song that leads off. The Grim Grinning Ghost version is appropriately playful and a nice spin.
Do you have a link? All I find reference to is the previous movie.
If you think about that, this is one of the soundtrack. You can see another video about the soundtrack at its Vevo channel.

Tha Realest

Why hire Del Toro when Justin Simien is available?
Oof. Got the patented Lucasfilm heave-ho the day his film is released…..

1690502551452.png

TalkingHead

That’s sadly hilarious. Here’s two excerpts from THR interview that was posted today. Disney sounds like a train wreck.

IMG_2500.jpeg
IMG_2501.jpeg

TP2000

The soundtrack is now available, at least on Spotify. It's pretty good by mostly sticking to the script by X Atencio and Buddy Baker with a few more nods to New Orleans, like the Soul Rebels song that leads off.

Wait, I thought the Haunted Mansion was in the Hudson Valley of New York? What is this "New Orleans" you speak of? ;)

Tha Realest

That’s sadly hilarious. Here’s two excerpts from THR interview that was posted today. Disney sounds like a train wreck.

View attachment 733625View attachment 733626
He shouldn’t take it personally. Lucasfilm in particular has been terrible in jerking around just about any director or creative of every race and sexual identity.

CraftyFox

Just got back from the theater! I was really hoping that this movie would surprise me in some way. Unfortunately it was exactly what I expected. I don't think it was a bad movie in any way just not amazing. Without spoiling anything it somehow felt simultaneously like it was too long but also missing character development content. 6/10. My background is in costume and production design for stage and screen so I'm gonna say a bunch of nitpicky stuff about that now.

OKAY so first off I had previously expressed concerns about the scale of the Mansion, specifically how everything felt way too... large? And not in a way that added to the ominous atmosphere like some of the early concept art that featured oversized Victorian furniture. Unfortunately this weird scale was present in the final film. It all felt very theatrical and not in a stylized or particularly immersive way. It almost looks as if the rooms had to be made bigger to fit the large crew or something? Anyways, the scale of the rooms threw the scale of the whole mansion off: both in the interior and on the exterior. Honestly if they kept the exterior to the original mansion's scale it could have had that unnerving "bigger on the inside" feel the real mansion often has. The wallpaper treatments and woodwork in the film's mansion interior also lacked the custom Stick-Eastlake charm of the original mansion (see the gryphons, claw inspired woodwork, etc) which in the ride gave the house a sense of both historical authenticity and character. The back side of the Mansion is just plain ugly (personal opinion) and I do not understand the choice to add a second cupola to the left side of the house. I know there is an implication that the Mansion was renovated since its creation but it's honestly just ugly and unnecessary.

On the costume side of things they, like the sets, just didn't feel authentic. I enjoyed the little references to the ride (see Danny DeVito's translucent raincoat outfit which seems to be based off the original animatronic costumes) but the outfits just didn't feel right. I believe Rosario Dawson is wearing a wig for most of the film and it honestly wasn't necessary, just let her use her natural hair! Jamie Lee Curtis' costume was odd and strangely pulled from czarist fashions. It didn't really tie to the profession of medium other than vague ties to the "exotic". The painting of her at the Memento Mori shop is much more in line with actual Victorian era spiritualists. The ghosts' costumes and the outfits seen in the paintings were extremely historically inaccurate but I won't judge them too heavily for that as the outfits on the ride aren't either. There were random 1840's costumes in scenes set in the 1890's, some costumes that pulled from no historical time period other than vaguely "old-timey", and things like that. That being said they are not only significantly less accurate than the outfits worn in the paintings and on the animatronics but also the fabric choices feel very modern and not period. I would be fine with the many, many historical inaccuracies if the costumes at least felt true to the ride or authentic to the tone which, to me, they did not. They very much felt like generic haunted house fodder.

Again this is all super nitpicky so feel free to disagree but this stuff really bothered me the entire film.

Inspired Figment

Saw this movie last night and was baffled by the creative choices they made regarding one of the considered fan favorite (and highly marketed) ghosts and his alias name (Infact I found it super distasteful/disrespectful). Considering the role he has otherwise and also within the Marvel Disney Kingdoms comics. Especially when you consider the roles of the other ghosts and stories/theories discussed & spread regarding the Mansion over the years that they could’ve used instead. Baffled & dissapointed me to say the least.. and that’s not even getting into the rest of the movie. A huge shame and I ‘really’ wanted to love this movie. Had so much potential and then the story & certain character choices just ruin all of it.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Saw this movie last night and was baffled by the creative choices they made regarding one of the considered fan favorite (and highly marketed) ghosts and his alias name (Infact I found it super distasteful/disrespectful). Considering the role he has otherwise and also within the Marvel Disney Kingdoms comics. Especially when you consider the roles of the other ghosts and stories/theories discussed & spread regarding the Mansion over the years that they could’ve used instead. Baffled & dissapointed me to say the least.. and that’s not even getting into the rest of the movie. A huge shame and I ‘really’ wanted to love this movie. Had so much potential and then the story & certain character choices just ruin all of it.
Which ghost? Hatbox?

Inspired Figment

Which ghost? Hatbox?
I’ve intentionally left it vague to avoid any possible spoilers for those interested in seeing. But ultimately, it’s ‘def’ a fan favorite and one that’s been celebrated recently. Shocked is an understatement regarding the role they decided to portray said fan favorite along with his alias name. It’s ‘extremely’ disrespectful to an Imagineering legend and their legacy, especially when you know their history with the Haunted Mansion’s creation & their contributions. Along with just baffling and confusing for said fan favorite character/ghost in general. That’s all I’ll say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom