Haunted Mansion vs Pirates of the Caribbean

Better ride?

• Total voters

The Empress Lilly

The question for me is not where, but when.

At their best, Pirates. For atmosphere, adventure, sheer cheek. Awesome mini-land too.

Right now, Mansion. While time has not been kind to the Mansion either, I can't even conceive of an MK without the HM.

Tavernacle12

Honestly, after a certain point I kinda find POTC boring, at least at MK. I can ride HM ten times in a week and still find myself joyfully enraptured into the theming, wanting to get out and explore the manor. POTC is fine, I’m sure the DL version is better, but at MK I’m kinda just meh on it.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
As a former Pirate CM, I definitely choose HM over Pirates.

1). Pirates has a lot more technical issues
2). Pirates is just a shell of what it should be in comparison to Disneyland's
3). As mentioned already, a LOT more detail in Haunted Mansion
4). The queue, pre-show, and build up to HM is phenomenal
5). Exterior facade is more interesting

Marden

Mansion edges out Pirates in a photo finish.

Mansion's ability to make you suspend disbelief and imagine you are actually exploring the home blows away Pirates. After the initial stormy cove/drop on Pirates, it's impossible to fool yourself that you're not in a big show building.

doctornick

Have to give a slight edge to HM, would maybe have been a different choice had Disney left PoTC alone. Adding Jack Sparrow, taking out the Redhead, altering what once was.

I was actually going to say this. I'd probably vote HM now but if it were, say, 1978 I'd almost certainly choose POTC. HM has remained relatively similar but POTC has been downgraded by various changes over the years.

doctornick

It's a religious experience.

Meh. The hype for DL's Pirates is IMHO overblown. I mean, it's a fantastic ride don't get me wrong - but it's not as much better than MK's as is often portrayed. MK has a superior queue building up to the ride which helps to set the tone much better than in DL (and helps make up for a portion of the extra ride time in Cali) and a lot of the extra ride time in DL is filler where all the key stuff is at MK anyway. I do wish MK had the shootout scene though.

I look forward to experiencing Paris someday to see their POTC. I've actually avoided ride through videos of it because I want to experience it without bias once I finally get there.

britain

Meanwhile....

2AA09C0E-6439-4AE3-B002-F511CA927008.jpeg

britain

I look forward to experiencing Paris someday to see their POTC. I've actually avoided ride through videos of it because I want to experience it without bias once I finally get there.

Paris’ Pirates is truly a wonder. Best of WDW (fortress entrance) plus best of DL (longer with two drops), unique additional scenes all its own, with a dash of Splash Mountain (caves and details visible from the railroad).

Disney Analyst

As I said in the Disneyland forum, they did POTC dirty at MK. So no way it can beat the MK Haunted Mansion, which is incredibly strong, and likely considered by most better then the DL version.

Chef Mickey

I put this on the Disney World section, both pictures are from the Disney World website, why would it have to do with the other versions?
We discuss other versions all the time here...maybe you’re new.

Again, you’re not telling me things I don’t know. I have ridden these rides thousands of times. We get that the pictures are from WDW.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
We discuss other versions all the time here...maybe you’re new.

Again, you’re not telling me things I don’t know. I have ridden these rides thousands of times. We get that the pictures are from WDW.
??
Uh...

By the way, I've been on this site for 3 years, it says on my profile.

bryanfze55

If OP is going to act like this over basic questions, why even do the polls?

In any case, the answer at WDW is easily Haunted Mansion. I love the gothic look.

And just for fun, at Disneyland, the answer is by far Pirates of the Caribbean... not because it has a bad Mansion, but because it has an incredible Pirates.

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
If OP is going to act like this over basic questions, why even do the polls?
I’m just replying to what people are saying to me? Why do the polls? Really? This is a discussion site, and these two rides are beloved by all and great rides, is it really that bad?!

I made this same poll on the Disneyland section and it’s a lot more closer and interesting, I knew this would be a more easy one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom