DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Better ride? Explain.
The Haunted Mansion | Magic Kingdom Attractions | Walt Disney World Resort
Pirates of the Caribbean Ride | Walt Disney World Resort

dmw

In the Parks
No
I love them both and both are must-do rides for any visit. I gave the edge to HM because there are just sooooo many details to see. Most recently I found myself admiring the details on just one side (like the attic section) instead of trying to take everything in all at once.

JohnD

In any park?

This is a WDW forum and some of us haven't had the luxury of going to other Disney parks. I know where you're heading and what I've read about other versions of the same attraction in different parks. In WDW, HM is the better attraction, IMHO. This is your cue to chime in about the attractions in the other parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is a WDW forum and some of us haven't had the luxury of going to other Disney parks. I know where you're heading and what I've read about other versions of the same attraction in different parks. In WDW, HM is the better attraction, IMHO. This is your cue to chime in about the attractions in the other parks.
Not at all. I’d say Orlando’s mansion is better than Anaheim or Tokyo.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
At WDW, it's Haunted Mansion. Much better than the Cliffs Notes version of Pirates that WDW got.

I'll stick to just MK. No sense bringing up the better versions of Pirates at other parks I've visited. ;) And HM was closed when I visited DL and DLP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And, from everything I've heard, DLR's Pirates is better than WDW. And apparently, Tokyo has a very high tech version.
Yep. Although I’d place Paris at the top. Anaheim and Tokyo are possibly too close to choose. Both have their strength and weaknesses despite being very similar.

Phantom Manor won’t figure IMHO since it’s as far removed from Haunted Mansion as an overall attraction as Shanghai pirates is to the legacy versions.

Sbk1234

I voted for Haunted Mansion, but it was VERY close. As others have said, the DL. version of POTC definitely gives the edge to that park's version. As for Haunted Mansion, in my opinion, it's about as perfect as an attraction can get. A work of art!

mf1972

i enjoy both rides, but my vote goes to HM. feels it has better theming & tells a better story. always liked POTC & i can accept the Depp makeover, but the recent auction scene change kills me. made my vote a lot easier.

britain

The same poll is happening over on the Disneyland forums, and it’s a much tighter (and interesting) race.

duder

Gun to my head, I choose Haunted Mansion.

I think WDW HM beats DL and TDL. I prefer the plantation look at DL, but the ride itself is a a bit truncated compared to WDW. TDL exterior and interior is same as WDW, but its placement in fantasy land is hard to get used to.

Pirates is tough. WDW version is by far the weakest, not even close. I know Paris is regarded as the definitive version, but I think I have to go with DL. The land and build up leading to the Paris version is hard to argue against, but I'm a sucker for the double drops at DL, which is why it wins over TDL. I also think I prefer the bayou theming at the beginning of the DL and TDL versions to the Caribbean Paris ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom