Haunted Mansion to Return with New Enhancements and Magic :(

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

Just build a new NBC ride in Hollywood Studios and clone it elsewhere (including Hollywood Land)…not having the Haunted Mansion for Halloween is asinine.
It is pretty astounding that they haven’t done this in Florida yet. Nightmare isn’t as “big” as it was 10-15 years ago but certainly an AA-filled attraction that copies a lot of Mansion Holiday at the Magic Kingdom would be a huge hit.

BasiltheBatLord

It is pretty astounding that they haven’t done this in Florida yet. Nightmare isn’t as “big” as it was 10-15 years ago but certainly an AA-filled attraction that copies a lot of Mansion Holiday at the Magic Kingdom would be a huge hit.
I remember hearing there was some kind of rights/contract issue which prevented two NBC attractions in the U.S., therefore it was shipped to Tokyo last minute.

PiratesMansion

And I'm, frankly, glad. There should be more than one place in the world to experience the classic Haunted Mansion during the month of October. Or, really, mid-August to mid-January, as that's basically what it is now.

If there's one thing I can't really fault WDW for it's their refusal to do overlays, even if the underlying reason is simply that they're cheap.

George Lucas on a Bench

Well, Florida got the baffling yet weirdly inoffensive Tomorrowland Speedway Holiday.

Tomorrowland-Speedway-Mickeys-Very-Merry-Christmas-Party-2019-1-1024x768.jpg

Tomorrowland-Speedway-5.jpg

I really admire the photographer of the first photo for putting the Go Karts out of focus and making it look like they're not going 5 miles an hour.

Rich Brownn

I remember hearing there was some kind of rights/contract issue which prevented two NBC attractions in the U.S., therefore it was shipped to Tokyo last minute.
I dont believe that was the issue. It comes down to Disneyland = locals and Disney World = tourists. While California may be OK with Mansion being closed that many months, it would be unaccaptable in WDW where most guests have a once-in-year visit.

Kyle’s Dad Sent Me

And I'm, frankly, glad. There should be more than one place in the world to experience the classic Haunted Mansion during the month of October. Or, really, mid-August to mid-January, as that's basically what it is now.

If there's one thing I can't really fault WDW for it's their refusal to do overlays, even if the underlying reason is simply that they're cheap.
To be clear, I was suggesting a stand-alone attraction added to Magic Kingdom and not the overlay.

Californian Elitist

I dont believe that was the issue. It comes down to Disneyland = locals and Disney World = tourists. While California may be OK with Mansion being closed that many months, it would be unaccaptable in WDW where most guests have a once-in-year visit.
It’s most likely TDO being cheap, while using the “once in a lifetime/once a year” thing as an excuse.

Disneyland also has tourists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom