News Haunted Mansion To Remain Closed For Unknown Reasons

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Artist’s rendition of a young man and his service dog on the the new Haunted Mansion forward facing descent:

89F50963-37C0-4B5C-A58E-B553CCD4FC83.gif

TDogg76

They stated today they needed to get new parts. All kidding aside, is it possible that, like most of Disney’s products, the part they need is made in China and there is a delay in receiving it? Seriously wondering!

smooch

Let me clarify, you are at no point at risk for falling any amount of feet in normal operations. They were in a dangerous spot by facing forward down the descent outside the attic. You are never 8 feet or even 1 foot in the air at any point. The descent is steep with stairs next to it but there is still a ground right below it.

See, last time I was at WDW I remember thinking to myself how much steeper it was going down from the attic than I remembered. I can't imagine going down it facing forward while being unprepared for it. If I thought to myself and noticed I was facing the wrong way and braced, I have no doubt I wouldn't have had a problem bracing myself until evacuation as I am young and physically health and have strong leg muscles from skateboarding. However, if someone who wasn't familiar with the ride / it was their first time on the ride, and they didn't know you're supposed to be facing backwards, I could see a situation where something could have happened. Of course, if you talk about what "could have happened" about things, we'd be here all day, but if someone was disabled, even just mildly injured, or something like that, it could have become a problem staying in that position for so long. Even if it's a 1 foot drop off the side, I feel like most guests would remain seated, if anything out of fear of exiting the track then the vehicles moving again, which I know wouldn't happen due to safety precautions but still. I'm glad nobody got hurt and this whole situation is terrible but like others have said, they've been incredibly lucky that these ride malfunctions haven't had serious consequences, like nobody on Jungle Cruise slipping and falling into the water. And even the People Mover had that problem where carts ran into each other I believe? Imagine something on this level happening on something like Space Mountain. Like imagine two carts colliding at a high speed, that could cause serious injury.

I am mainly a DLR guy but watch WDW news and this side of the forum although not as intently, but I really hope they figure out all these issues going on throughout the park. It really is amazing how Iger quit and immediately so many things went wrong, such weird timing. I'm not saying it's Chapek's fault in any way, it's just amazing to me. The problem I see is that with all this happening, Disney needs to invest in proper maintenance like they've been neglecting, but with all the financial impacts of Coronavirus, I don't see them investing much into maintenance past what they already do. And if they did, where would they cut corners to make up for the cost of maintenance.

MrConbon

I bet the workers are loving the mini-vacation. You get to show up for work and not do anything except for when you have to go to greeter.

skiir97

I bet the workers are loving the mini-vacation. You get to show up for work and not do anything except for when you have to go to greeter.

I used to work at a large regional theme park that has a very problematic ride (it would go down at least 5 times day...literally). Sometimes the ride would stay down for days but management still wanted the ride fully staffed. By the end of the summer I knew the entire maintenance team really well.

Best part is all the guests already know the ride is always closed so the greeter position was basically a mini-vacation as well.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You know I don’t generally stick up for the company but what’s happened that didn’t happen when Iger or even Eisner were in charge?

Well, a Jungle Cruise boat sank. But that's not really fair. 'Cause after all the Gullywhumper did capsize in Rivers of America. So, I'm going with: Bob Chapek was named CEO.

MrConbon

I'm sure WDW knows how to schedule staff and which and when to cut/lessen staff schedules.

This is an unforeseen issue. The schedules were already made in advance. I’ve worked at rides that have been down all day, management would still want all the positions fully staffed even if it’s not running currently. They likely also rescued extra people out as well to other greeter locations if another attraction is understaffed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom