News Haunted Mansion To Remain Closed For Unknown Reasons

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I just had a scary thought. What if instead of repairing the ride, they decided to gut the entire ride and redo it using this new tech that is in MMRR? And the doom buggies would also be "trackless"...
Of course they are! Have you not seen the new concept art?
images (2).jpeg
FrailThunderousBluet-size_restricted.gif

(I kid! I kid!)

smooch

You know I don’t generally stick up for the company but what’s happened that didn’t happen when Iger or even Eisner were in charge?

I am not saying that at all, that's the point I am trying to make with the whole "not blaming Chapek" section, I am honestly just commenting on the terrible timing of it all. I know this stuff has happened for a while, basically since opening in any Disney park there are issues, obviously. I feel bad for Chapek, I'm sure some clueless people heard he became the new CEO and then all these problems in the park happened I'm sure some of them just blame it on him being CEO now and messing up.

EDIT:
JC boats have sunk before. WEDWay cars have bumped before. Ride systems have failed before.

What I was mainly getting at was basically how these things all happened in such a short span of time. They all were back to back to back. I know these things have happened, it's just so wild to me that it started just after the announcement (again, that has nothing to do with these issues, has Iger stayed CEO it would've all still happened) and that so many things happened in so little time.

dr_seeker

I used to work at a large regional theme park that has a very problematic ride (it would go down at least 5 times day...literally). Sometimes the ride would stay down for days but management still wanted the ride fully staffed. By the end of the summer I knew the entire maintenance team really well.

Best part is all the guests already know the ride is always closed so the greeter position was basically a mini-vacation as well.

Knott's, Cedar Point, or Great Adventure?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
What would you say is the ride that you are most likely to die on due to poor maintenance at WDW?
Pirates. Specifically on the drop.

Not so much poor maintenance, but moreso lack of security camera watching to see if some dumbo kid stand up right before the drop. There's supposed to be two people in tower (according to the ooooooold old manual). One person watching the station dock, and one person watching all the security cameras for the whole ride. Alas, there is only one.

TrainsOfDisney

Pirates. Specifically on the drop.

Not so much poor maintenance, but moreso lack of security camera watching to see if some dumbo kid stand up right before the drop. There's supposed to be two people in tower (according to the ooooooold old manual). One person watching the station dock, and one person watching all the security cameras for the whole ride. Alas, there is only one.

I remember reading a story of a poorly trained cm almost over riding a sensor to send a boat down the drop when a boat was stuck at the bottom. May or may not be true but I agree... that drop is a bit scary.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I remember reading a story of a poorly trained cm almost over riding a sensor to send a boat down the drop when a boat was stuck at the bottom. May or may not be true but I agree... that drop is a bit scary.
If that poorly trained CM got the same trainer I had, I wouldn't doubt it. I legit had to quit because I was so stressed out from a lack of training there and I had to return home a family disappointment. :)

Rich Brownn

I used to work at a large regional theme park that has a very problematic ride (it would go down at least 5 times day...literally). Sometimes the ride would stay down for days but management still wanted the ride fully staffed. By the end of the summer I knew the entire maintenance team really well.

Best part is all the guests already know the ride is always closed so the greeter position was basically a mini-vacation as well.
Heck, when I started at Universal at DISASTER! the ride was so unreliable that I was first trained on how to evacuate the train LOL... we'd joke when we dispatched the train it only had a 50% chance of coming back.

Still absolutely the most fun I ever had
If that poorly trained CM got the same trainer I had, I wouldn't doubt it. I legit had to quit because I was so stressed out from a lack of training there and I had to return home a family disappointment. :)
When I worked there we had to evacuate once (I broke the E-Stop. Long funny story). Unfortunately none of us had been trained to evacuate. It was a bit of a mess (we were supposed to have 1 person in the water in waders. We had 3 just in costumes). The super (as always, showing up when everything is fixed) were like OMG. And then they realized we hadn't been actually trained fully. So we got evacuated trained... closing the barn door etc. :D

Giss Neric

CMs, in general, should not only be trained operations wise but also how to confront entitled/unruly guests. They should learn to speak up especially if they are in the right (which they are most of the time). Most of the ones I encounter they just let it slide like there's nothing they could do and these pathetic guests get their way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom