Haunted Mansion Refurbishment News!

FigmentJedi

In Japan though, Nightmare Before Christmas is ludicriously popular. Possibly around Pirates scale, but to an even higher degree. Might not be the same for countries that other WDW visiting guests come from though, another possible reasoning for not using it there outside of the whole "We can't close the most obscenely popular things because we don't want to ruin the trips of our one-timer guests." card.

VintageKid21

Wow....

I have actually sat here for the past 40 minutes and read this entire thread from the beginning. From what the original poster has said about a "possible visitor once a year" has turned into an all out battle over HMH. Now with that said and piecing together this entire thread....the Haunted Mansion is in need of DIRE repair, for the past two years the ride has been nothing but a nice air conditioned room for me, and this is someone who LOVES this ride and equates most of my early Disney memories to the Haunted Mansion. To those in the thread who said that the Haunted Mansion doesn't have a story...next time you go, how about you ask a CM who works at the Haunted Mansion or ask a manager to show you where the ring in the stones in front of the castle are...that will give you a little background on the story of the Haunted Mansion.....

Finally I must go into the behavior and comments that people are making on this thread...I don't care who likes NBC or the HM or the HMH, these people are welcome into WDW or DL or any of the Disney theme parks. They are people and they do not deserve labels for a movie that they like. I was at the NBC on opening night and I am NOT emo or a shoe stare-er! I find these comments insulting and CLEARY out of place. Also for the people on this thread, mainly one that I really cannot stand after reading their posts, need to get a grip on reality, life happens, progress happens, change happens....if you don't like it I am sure they still sell bomb shelters somewhere in the midwest that you can go spend the rest of your life in and you won't be affect by anything that changes that doesn't fit in your perfect view of this world.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread, board, or site by this post but I needed to let off steam after reading this thread. Disney will do what they want to do, it personally would not matter to me if they did the HMH overly at WDW, I will probably not get to see it since I am in school and spend the holidays with my family, but for those out there that might get to see it....try it first, then complain.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
I have actually sat here for the past 40 minutes and read this entire thread from the beginning. From what the original poster has said about a "possible visitor once a year" has turned into an all out battle over HMH. Now with that said and piecing together this entire thread....the Haunted Mansion is in need of DIRE repair, for the past two years the ride has been nothing but a nice air conditioned room for me, and this is someone who LOVES this ride and equates most of my early Disney memories to the Haunted Mansion. To those in the thread who said that the Haunted Mansion doesn't have a story...next time you go, how about you ask a CM who works at the Haunted Mansion or ask a manager to show you where the ring in the stones in front of the castle are...that will give you a little background on the story of the Haunted Mansion.....

Finally I must go into the behavior and comments that people are making on this thread...I don't care who likes NBC or the HM or the HMH, these people are welcome into WDW or DL or any of the Disney theme parks. They are people and they do not deserve labels for a movie that they like. I was at the NBC on opening night and I am NOT emo or a shoe stare-er! I find these comments insulting and CLEARY out of place. Also for the people on this thread, mainly one that I really cannot stand after reading their posts, need to get a grip on reality, life happens, progress happens, change happens....if you don't like it I am sure they still sell bomb shelters somewhere in the midwest that you can go spend the rest of your life in and you won't be affect by anything that changes that doesn't fit in your perfect view of this world.

I am sorry if I have offended anyone on this thread, board, or site by this post but I needed to let off steam after reading this thread. Disney will do what they want to do, it personally would not matter to me if they did the HMH overly at WDW, I will probably not get to see it since I am in school and spend the holidays with my family, but for those out there that might get to see it....try it first, then complain.

Well Said! :sohappy:

Erika

Doesn't anyone ever get the slightest bit embarassed about bickering online about Disney World? I can't believe all the fighting and snide comments on here lately. Everyone take a deep breath and move on.

Montu

To those in the thread who said that the Haunted Mansion doesn't have a story...next time you go, how about you ask a CM who works at the Haunted Mansion or ask a manager to show you where the ring in the stones in front of the castle are...that will give you a little background on the story of the Haunted Mansion.....

Sorry dude, but the fact that Haunted Mansion does not have an overly solid backstroy comes straight from WDI - it's not a "fan theory". Unless you think 18 year old frontline ride ops know more about the story of a 37 year old attraction than WDI, I can tell you it's definitely not a valid source here.

As for the ring, that's also nothing more than a myth. Years ago there used to be a gate there. The "ring" is what's left of the pole that stopped the gate in the closed position.

VintageKid21

Well then I guess Imagineering needs to step into the parks more often and needs to tell park trainers what to tell the cast members that are going through park orientation.

By the way....please don't refer to me as dude :wave:

iheartdisney91

You realize that's not the original bride, and that it's only been there for a handful of years? So how is it a "classic" ?

its Not the new bride like in DL ! that was one of the biggest mistakes i think and if they keep jack in all year round that will be really, comlpletly stupid i mean if they do the holiday that would be cool! so get off my back i was just shareing my oppinion

culturenthrills

Please DO NOT believe the "run-down" stories above. They're grossly over-exaggerated. It's as beautiful inside as ever. The only real and noticable problem to those that don't visit often is that the audio may cut in or out, but even that is hit or miss.

Really have you seen the awful condition of the scrims in the graveyard scene that totally distracts from the ride experience or alot of the effects that aren't working most of the time.

culturenthrills

One of my problems is when did MK management start worrying about upsetting tourists by having rides down for rehabs. Yearly rehabs are a part of life in year round parks. Unless I am wrong most of the rides used to go down every year for a few weeks. Was this stopped to cut costs? Matterhorn is down for a month or 2 every year at DL. Rehabs have to happen. The condition of the HM is an example of what happens when you don't consistently rehab an attraction.

JimboJones123

NBC
Great for DL, Bad for WDW. NO MORE CLONES! Get more creative Imagineers. How about a new NBC ride at MGM or even MK? Not the overlay though. Plus something else for the holidays that DL doesn't have. This gets guests to come to both places.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
NBC
Great for DL, Bad for WDW. NO MORE CLONES! Get more creative Imagineers. How about a new NBC ride at MGM or even MK? Not the overlay though. Plus something else for the holidays that DL doesn't have. This gets guests to come to both places.
Since we all don't like clones we will just go ahead and close:

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pans Flight
Dumbo
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Pirates
Astro Orbiter
Space Mountain

imagineer boy

JimboJones123 said:
NBC

I don't really consider HMH a clone simply because its a seasonal thing. Besides, the imagineers could very well add quite a few new things to make WDW's HMH more unique like different scenes.

wdwishes2005

Splash Mountain- Different, not a clone
Big Thunder Mountain-
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion different
Peter Pans Flight
Dumbo aren't all the spinning and move up and down rides clones?
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Pirates different
Astro Orbiter kinda hard not to clone it....
Space Mountain-different.
I haven't been out to DLR in a long time, and didn't do much the times i have been, but alot of the rides you listed aren't clones...

Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pans Flight
Dumbo
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tiki Room
Pirates
Astro Orbiter
Space Mountain

I wouldn't call those clones, per se, more like very close siblings :animwink:

Chape19714

I wouldn't call those clones, per se, more like very close siblings :animwink:
Not to mention that the Country Bears aren't clones at all, we were the 1st show. DL's is now closed, and I believe Tokyo is the only other show.

HM does need work, espically after seeing how awsome DL's is, there's so much room for improvement, why not? Reguardless of whether or not we get HMH, the addition of Floating Leota, Constance, and a complete new LD and SD would be huge assets to the attraction. :wave:

disnyfan89

Original Poster
Thank you everyone who pointed out that Several of the rides are simular but not Clones. I would hope this would happen so that I can use it to prove my next point!

So to Jimbo who posted:
Great for DL, Bad for WDW. NO MORE CLONES! Get more creative Imagineers.

It was pointed out earlier that our HM is different from DisneyLand that would only mean that our HMH would be different!

Main Street USA

Really have you seen the awful condition of the scrims in the graveyard scene that totally distracts from the ride experience or alot of the effects that aren't working most of the time.
I've just never noticed the scrims to be that different than they are now. I noticed a spot here and there, but nothing that bothers me too much.

Believe me, I know it could have some fixes here and there, I just don't think it's falling apart like some seem to think. I still enjoy it when I visit, and I'm sure I'll enjoy the changes when I go back...whatever they are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom