The Hauuuuuuuuuunted Mansion!
Those creeps
take seats
Right next to you,
So, "Hurry Back,"
And Join the crew!
Thats amazing!

wesTcoastY

Doesn't anyone ever get the slightest bit embarassed about bickering online about Disney World? I can't believe all the fighting and snide comments on here lately. Everyone take a deep breath and move on.

I absolutely LOVE your avatar!!!! I cannot believe I actually look forward to watching that show on thursdays!

Thurp

ooooooh. now there's an idea! :lookaroun

One little spook and incantation
Can stretch your mind in anticipation.
Right by the heart of brides creepy and grim
Are grinning ghosts of Gracey's whim

Those creeps
take seats
Right next to you,
So, "Hurry Back,"
And Join the crew!

Brilliant! Thanks for taking my lame joke and turning it into a cool post.

GymLeaderPhil

I'd rather have it closed for a month and a half then let it sit literally decaying with broken effects, outdated technology, and a general lack of appreciation that PALES in comparison to the other Mansions.

Montu

I noticed they look like scrims rather than fog, but they are what they are. I've never noticed any rips. I suppose I'm not looking as closely, or looking for things that are broken as closely, as some of you.

Sorry but that's BS. "They are what they are" is no justification for it when what they *are* is the only scrims of the four haunted mansions that are in this condition.

There's no quality issue in Tokyo.

There's no quality issue in Paris.

There's no quality issue in Anaheim.

The only place that has shredded, drooping scrims is Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. *That* is simply inexcusiable, and definitely not justifed by saying "that's just how they are."

Montu

But they wrote an all new show for Tokyo Disneyland's Haunted Mansion Holiday. Not only did it have to match a different ride track, different show scenes, and different infrastructure, but the Ghost Host dialogue had to be in JAPANESE! :lol:

Totally incorrect. Tokyo's Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare is not at all "an all new show." It's the same attraction with the addition of decorations to the stairway/library/piano room and the spider webs (which merely has an oogie boogie projection). The differences in ride track are very minimal, as beyond the mentioned additional scenes, the rides between TDL/WDW and DL/DLP are just about identical. And as far as the narration - it's a few hours at most in a recording studio. It's not like they had to rescore any music. The narration is a completely seperate audio queue and runs independently of the music in the ride.

The Tokyo Disneyland Haunted Mansion is much more similar to the WDW version than Disneyland's is.

You can't get much more similiar than identical.

Tokyo's exterior architecture looks to be a direct copy of WDW's

If you forget the smashed open upper left window with the beam protruding from it, then yes the mansions are the same.

If they ever do HMH in Florida, they will probably have to go to the plans and files on the HMH they did for Tokyo Disneyland when HMH debuted there in 2004. The Tokyo Disneyland HM and the WDW HM are almost identical, while the Disneyland HM is a noticeably different ride with a different track, infrastructure, layout and appearance.

And again, the three rides are the *same* - the difference coming in with *additional* scenes, not *different* scenes. California does not have a different scene layout at all, it just simply starts at the endless hallway.

Main Street USA

Sorry but that's BS. "They are what they are" is no justification for it when what they *are* is the only scrims of the four haunted mansions that are in this condition.

There's no quality issue in Tokyo.

There's no quality issue in Paris.

There's no quality issue in Anaheim.

The only place that has shredded, drooping scrims is Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom. *That* is simply inexcusiable, and definitely not justifed by saying "that's just how they are."
What the hell is your problem? I didn't try to justify anything. You simply don't read. I'm done with you and your crappy attitude.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It is true that the HM is not closed for MonthS. It is closed for one month and two weeks. All your doing is being a complete A$$ because you feel like being "Smart" with someone.

sometimes its not even a sport.

However,

I take it by being smart you are reffering to my pointing out that 6 weeks is 10% of a year or is 11.5%, now shutting for 3 - 6months for a rehab is one thing, knocking off 10% efficiency per annum is something else. Still if it brings a smile to those little chalk white faced black eyed younguns who am I to complain.
glad to see that just because your argument is ill thought out, based on a selfish desire, and has no thought of financial impact you have to resort to infantile behaviour. Now trot on. Youll understand when your older.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
sometimes its not even a sport.

However,

I take it by being smart you are reffering to my pointing out that 6 weeks is 10% of a year or is 11.5%, now shutting for 3 - 6months for a rehab is one thing, knocking off 10% efficiency per annum is something else. Still if it brings a smile to those little chalk white faced black eyed younguns who am I to complain.
glad to see that just because your argument is ill thought out, based on a selfish desire, and has no thought of financial impact you have to resort to infantile behaviour. Now trot on. Youll understand when your older.
I do have an idea on the effect this will have! Its obviously not a problem for Disneyland! What makes you feel it will be a problem here?

And I've got news for you! Those little chalk white faced black eyed younguns that your complaining about ALREADY go to the parks!

But you obviously smarter than me because we all know NBC is only popular to chalk white faced black eyed younguns! Why I doubt it could even succeed being released into theaters! OH WAIT! You mean there is enough audience appeal to make money off of NBC! Who would of thought!!!!!!!!

Before you say that I have no Idea how this will effect the parks I suggest you learn more about me! I know I will have to deal with complaining guest because I work down the street from it! AND once again to say there is a Financial issue with this ride is nothing but a crock because we all KNOW Disneyland does it every year with very little impact to there revenue!

Pumbas Nakasak

I do have an idea on the effect this will have! Its obviously not a problem for Disneyland! What makes you feel it will be a problem here? !

As an expert you will of course be able to confirm that the demographic of visitorsors to Disneyland is the same as at WDW. No?
And I've got news for you! Those little chalk white faced black eyed younguns that your complaining about ALREADY go to the parks! !

I know I saw them bedecked in black staring at their shoes as they stood in line, their was/is even one in my own party. And Im not excatly sure where you got the notion that my tones were ones of complaint.

But you obviously smarter than me !

Obviously.
Before you say that I have no Idea how this will effect the parks I suggest you learn more about me! I know I will have to deal with complaining guest because I work down the street from it! AND once again to say there is a Financial issue with this ride is nothing but a crock because we all KNOW Disneyland does it every year with very little impact to there revenue!

Well with your insider knowledge of Disney finances I guess you have the edge.
However as I was under the impression that Disneyland was more reliant on a local market (or were all those complaining about California adventure lying) I can see the advantage of making over the same old cack. It saves on adding new attractions to an area with limited space, and as you say Emos are an under targeted market Max Factor excluded.

Oh buy the way, having good revenue is no good if you also have high costs.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
At the end of the day, DLC and TDL feel it prudent to have the HMH overlay since a large proportion of their guests are locals who frequently visit. They want to see something new every few weeks, or months.

WDWs largest proportion of guests are foreign visitors; many first timers, those who`ll not visit again for a decacde, and some who`ll never be able to visit again. Since HM is one of The Magic Kingdoms `must sees` it can`t be justified to close twice for an overlay. City Hall would become a riot.

Now, back to the OP. Yes, the HM could use some TLC, like PotC and IASW to slightly plus it and return to its original glory. Not change it, but make it as cutting edge as it was in 1971. Basic overhauls like the ride system and onboard audio (every Omnimover should, and can, have constant audio all the time) to updating lighting fixtures so spares can actually be found, scrim repairs and digital scene audio. The bride from DLC wouldn`t be a change of plot - just a 21st century version. A floating Leotta wouldn`t be a change of plot - just an enhanced version of what`s there now. Bring in some of the effects from Paris - 15 years old and still looking good. Full colour ballroom figures, video projections on the sceance room walls, upgraded AA`s. Most of all get things back to the original specs before they really start to breakdown. Pre-preventative maintainence. Not after the horse has bolted.

ilovepluto23

Great news, as long as the new resident isn't Eddie Murphy :brick:

I AGREE! That movie was so horrible.

Besides that, I hope it is true. The Haunted Mansion really needs a refurb. I find it isn't having much of an impact on "newer" guests anymore (an observation of some of my friends who went for the first time at an older age).

TP2000

Totally incorrect.....
And again, the three rides are the *same* - the difference coming in with *additional* scenes, not *different* scenes. California does not have a different scene layout at all, it just simply starts at the endless hallway.

Yes, that's exactly my point. Mainstreet1993 and I were both conversing and talking about that while the Mansion is noticeably different between Disneyland and Tokyo, the differences are minimal between Tokyo and Orlando. Thus, the argument that a whole new thing would need to be written and composed for Orlando was inaccurate because they already did one for Tokyo.

And if the Tokyo and Orlando versions are "identical" as you say, then the argument I was making is even stronger: There's no good reason why they couldn't do HMH at Walt Disney World in Orlando. They've done it in Anaheim, they've done it in Tokyo, and those are two differently styled and laid out Mansion attractions. So just do it again for Orlando, using plans and knowledge gained from the Tokyo version.

But then, there seems to be a contingent of folks here who would rather mindlessly defend the sorry condition the WDW Mansion is in, with the scraping Omnimover, the crackly audio that cuts in and out, the broken effects, the faded theatrical paint, the torn and dingy scrims, etc., etc. God forbid you shut the ride down for three weeks in September and fix the ride up.

Personally, my favorite memory of the WDW Haunted Mansion was when the CM's shut down the stretching room gimmick, just left the room in the "Up" position with both sets of doors open, and simply snaked the queue right through the stretching room and on to the load area as if nothing was supposed to happen there. :eek: That could never happen in Anaheim because the stretching rooms are genuine Otis elevators that descend 30 feet underground, and it could never happen in Tokyo because they have impeccable standards there. But somehow, on my last trip to WDW, that was standard operating procedure for the Mansion CM's, on two seperate days over the course of a week! :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

But then, there seems to be a contingent of folks here who would rather mindlessly defend the sorry condition the WDW Mansion is in, with the scraping Omnimover, the crackly audio that cuts in and out, l:

Perhaps they are related to the whoop that champion a short term makeover rather than a refurb.

Or distant relatives to the small but vocal band who would see the ride ripped out and something more advanced and entertaining built.

Only the keepers of the beans will know.

disnyfan89

Original Poster
I don't see why it matters if WDW main base of tourist our from out of state or country! WDW still get tons of its business from FL! In the slow period (AKA the period that they would do the lay over to the HM) all there usually is in the parks is Floridians! And what if a tourist from out the country can't ride HM. How many of them actually know what it is.

Pumbas Nakasak

all there usually is in the parks is Floridians! And what if a tourist from out the country can't ride HM. How many of them actually know what it is.

You really are Jack arent you.:dazzle:

Those of us from the back waters of external US have these new fangled contraptions like the internet and promotional material, and from that we can work out that the attraction called Haunted Mansion, is a haunted mansion attraction.

Just as we can wk out that seasonal attraction openings mean that despite paying full admission not all attractions are on offer.

discomouse131

could the new resident be the butler from the movie? can't think of the character's name right now but he was played by terrence stamp.... that might be kinda cool :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom