Haunted Mansion Refurbishment News!

disnyfan89

Original Poster
There is also another difference between DL and WDW you fail to consider. There are more attractions and lower attendance at DL. This means that closing an attraction, especially an e-ticket, will have a greater negative impact at WDW.

But you sir also forget that there is more attractions on a whole at WDW then there is at the DL resort. The majority of the posters on this thread act as if the world is coming to an end just because one attraction in the MK is closed for two months!

Yes the majority of DL attendance is local but Im sure WDW attracts the same amount of locals during certin points of the year as DL! You can also bet that there are still out of state guest that go to Disneyland and complain that the orginal HM is closed.

The truth is no one on this board has the right to say that HMH will not succed here at WDW! NO ONE! The only way we will ever know is if or when they do it!

TP2000

So just fix it up I say.

Okay. But they are still going to have to close it for a lengthy refurb to get it back in shape.

Judging from the very poor condition it was being operated in the last time I visitied WDW a decent Haunted Mansion refurbishment is going to have to be at least two or three months long.

And then once you've got it back up to Disney standards, you're going to have to maintain it. And that means follow up refurbishments about once a year of at least two or three weeks.

The Haunted Mansion got into the sorry condition it's in because it hasn't been closed for rehab in years. If it were to revert back to a properly maintained condition that is going to require a few weeks of closure a year. And even then you still don't have a Haunted Mansion Holiday version each year, but the ride is being closed each year and tourists from Finland are scarred for life by not being able to ride the Haunted Mansion during their vacation.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The truth is no one on this board has the right to say that HMH will not succed here at WDW! NO ONE! The only way we will ever know is if or when they do it!

You have me in stitches.

With logic like that Im glad Im not your financial advisor. I bet your off to Theran to open a Christian book shop.

IMHO, many people have tried to show why they believe Disney does not do he overlay at WDW , but you refuse to accept that. Very few have said they wouldntwant it but most say they can understand Disneys reasoning for not green lighting the project.

But hey, If you build it they will come.

celestia

Yes, the mansion needs a refurbishment, I agree. I don't think it is *that* bad though for people to be whining and moaning about it constantly. There are rides that are in so much dire need of repair far more than haunted mansion. I would love to see it go down for a refurbishment, but I think most people are complaining only because they want to see the new DL effects added. I don't see lots of things wrong with it, a few things here and there, but not much. Is it just me?

JimboJones123

Why do we have to CLONE SOMETHING ELSE? Star Tours, Splash Mt., Pirates. NO MORE CLONES. Make a straight up NBC ride to open year round.

JimboJones123

You have me in stitches.

With logic like that Im glad Im not your financial advisor. I bet your off to Theran to open a Christian book shop.

IMHO, many people have tried to show why they believe Disney does not do he overlay at WDW , but you refuse to accept that. Very few have said they wouldntwant it but most say they can understand Disneys reasoning for not green lighting the project.

Why don't they do the Treasure Planet overlay for Pirates too?

JimboJones123

In all fairness, Splash Mountain and PotC are clones in name only.

I know, and more clones have actually gone to DL from WDW than the other way around, but still... Come up with another concept. I know they can do it. The HMH is one of the reasons I'm planning to go to DL next year... don't spoil it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why do we have to CLONE SOMETHING ELSE? Star Tours, Splash Mt., Pirates. NO MORE CLONES. Make a straight up NBC ride to open year round.
For a while there was a rumored NBC dark ride that was to be built at MGM replacing Sounds Dangerous and the adjoining theater.

Main Street USA

You have me in stitches.

I'm glad someone else said it. I couldn't find the words to express how ridiculous his post was.

Main Street USA

Yes, the mansion needs a refurbishment, I agree. I don't think it is *that* bad though for people to be whining and moaning about it constantly. There are rides that are in so much dire need of repair far more than haunted mansion. I would love to see it go down for a refurbishment, but I think most people are complaining only because they want to see the new DL effects added. I don't see lots of things wrong with it, a few things here and there, but not much. Is it just me?
Nope, you're right on. It has small problems that will be fixed soon, and the HMH won't be coming. They're making some cool, small additions and taking care of minor repairs. Not really a big deal, but for some reason, we have several here who have stretched this thread to a ridiculous length talking about something that has no chance of occuring at WDW (HMH).

Dream all you want, but I'll personally start a new thread and call myself out if it happens, because it won't. Period.

SeanC

I spent the last two years in LA (DL CalSelect AP holder) and recently moved back to Florida (FL seasonal pass now). I've been on both Mansions alot recently. I'm sure there are audio issues, torn scrims, non-working effects, etc at the FL mansion, but I haven't really noticed anything myself, not looking too closely, and for the most part its in "ok" shape. Seems like a basic refurb should fix the kind of stuff people are complaining about. The new additions at DL are cool and it would be great to get same, similar, or other upgrades in FL. As for HMH, I think its a fun overlay, well done and not on the cheap. If FL doesn't want to do it for financial or guest complaint reasons, I understand that. From a "show" perspective though, I'm all for it.

hauntdmansion79

Make a straight up NBC ride to open year round.

Amen brother, I think a NBC dark ride at MGM would be AWESOME!

And then once you've got it back up to Disney standards, you're going to have to maintain it. And that means follow up refurbishments about once a year of at least two or three weeks.

I think the general WDW guest would be happier with the HM being down a few weeks a year for maintenance if it meant having a renovated HM and not just a seasonal overlay of a deteriorating attratction.

Montu

In all fairness, Splash Mountain and PotC are clones in name only.

From Bombardment Bay to the Jail Scene, Pirates is nearly identical in Florida, California and Japan. It's differences in the caves and in the case of California, the lift that sets the attractions apart - but the bulk of the ride is greatly unchanged between them. So in all fairness Pirates *is* more of a clone than anything, just not an *exact* clone.

Montu

Amen brother, I think a NBC dark ride at MGM would be AWESOME!

I think the general WDW guest would be happier with the HM being down a few weeks a year for maintenance if it meant having a renovated HM and not just a seasonal overlay of a deteriorating attratction.

I've got concept art of a proposed NBC darkride that would have gone on the site of the old motor boats and such to the right of it's a small world in Disneyland. It would have been absolutely fantastic - entrace facade is the grouping of various holiday door trees, and of course you go in through the halloween one. It was a Pan-ish ride system where you rode in coffin sleighs. Too bad it's not happening - very, very, very neat pitch.

1disneydood

Fact- WDW won't be hurting because a few guests boycott vacation due to HM being down for a needed rehab. Now granted, I'd be p'd off to miss it, but I'd live. I don't want a NBC overlay, but I'd love some new effects added and maybe a unique addition or two.

PotC got it's aditions. Now it's time for HM and hopefully JC to get some love. :)

Dragonrider1227

Plus, if the mansion doesn't close now for refurbs, then the longer they wait, the longer it'll have to close when it eventually DOES get refurbed. Better to do it ASAP and have it done with then to lag it out. Then it'll be closed even LONGER and making people even MORE upset. That's just common logic.
You have me in stitches.

Hey, once upon a time, they said Disneyland was going to fail too. :animwink:

darthjohnny

I would love for the Imagineers to add new special effects in the ride, like the floating Madame Leota they have in Disneyland.

Sometimes though, I do believe people go a little overboard by exaggerating the condition the Haunted Mansion is in.

Yes, there can be some improvements: the audio can be improved a little, and I'm sure they can work on the doombuggies to make it a little more smoother, plus, some of the ghosts in the graveyard (mainly the ones riding the bicycles in a cirlce) are too dark to see.

But let's be honest, the Mansion certainly isn't falling apart, like some others would describe it.

And the Haunted Mansion hasn't been completely ignored. Just recently, the dead body hanging in the Stretching room was made more visible, which I know many on these forums liked, as did I. :)

Plutoboy

I would agree that the HM is not falling apart but it could definitely go for some TLC. I would gladly welcome an extended downtime for the Mansion as long as it meant improving the audio and working on some of the scenes. Does it have to be like the DL version????? Of course not!!!! Not everything that is at DL needs to be at WDW...that's what make them both special because there are differences.

I tend to believe that there are major changes coming to the Mansion as this was the next attraction on the MK's refreshing the classics program list.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom