Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

twasbrillig

I recently returned from WDW...and good news: the lame spiders from the staircase (with the mickey and peace sign designs) are now in the temple in the jungle cruise. here's to hoping for the hatbox ghost...

What's wrong with Nightmare Before Christmas being a part of HM? Disneyland does it and from what I hear it is a pretty cool ad on to the classic attraction.

1) It's tacky

2) The HM is perfect the way it is. no need for a tacky overlay.

3) NBC, though it is Touchstone, really should not be "Disney".

4) It takes away from the feel of the mansion.

5) Imagine it's your first trip to Disney. You have saved fro years for this trip. Your all excited and can't wait to ride the HM. You run up to the gate and what do you see. Your beloved mansion covered with tacky pumpkins and jack skelington, and oogie ect.

Now please don't get me wrong NBC is one of my most favorite movies of all time Disney or not, In fact until about 3 years ago I didn't know it was Disney) But I don't think it has a place overlaying the HM.

jt04

Mr Burton

What's wrong with Nightmare Before Christmas being a part of HM? Disneyland does it and from what I hear it is a pretty cool ad on to the classic attraction.

Please! Disney has almost gotten rid of everything "Burton" so let's not encourage anything being brought back :hammer:

twasbrillig

soo they've been there? interesting...I've been going to the magic kingdom since I was 5 (I'm 20 now.) and haven't seen them there before....It's kinda lame that they used the same hidden mickey device by using spiders in both the jungle cruise and the haunted mansion...but whatever. And as for the Nightmare debate, Disney advertises the HM holiday, and it's expected, and accepted as a holiday event...kind of like the Country Bears Holiday. People planning their first trip would undoubtedly read about the events going on that week and know about them before going on those certain attractions. If they want to go on those attractions in their unchanged form, and it mattered that much to them, they'd change their reservations. Are these changes tacky? in some cases, yes, but they offer a twist and something new. Perhaps I'm a little biased. NBC is one of my favorite movies. (and it IS disney, by the way, as touchstone is code for "adult-oriented disney")

Cinder_Belle_A

I agree with #5 above. I have nothing against NBC, but HM is one of my favorites, and if I went on my vacation and wasn't able to experience it in its "natural state", I would be very sad. I don't live near Orlando, I might feel differently if I did and was able to go to the parks often. As of now, we get to go about once every two years, though I know of people that only get to go once every decade- or not at all. JMO.

Cinder_Belle_A

"People planning their first trip would undoubtedly read about the events going on that week and know about them before going on those certain attractions. If they want to go on those attractions in their unchanged form, and it mattered that much to them, they'd change their reservations. "

About that....I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but not everyone has the ability to just "change their reservation". I know that my husband gets vacation from his job when they assign it to him. We would have liked to go to Disney this past August for our sons' birthdays, but were not able to go until the first week of November. We have no choice in the matter. :shrug:

"People planning their first trip would undoubtedly read about the events going on that week and know about them before going on those certain attractions. If they want to go on those attractions in their unchanged form, and it mattered that much to them, they'd change their reservations. "

About that....I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but not everyone has the ability to just "change their reservation". I know that my husband gets vacation from his job when they assign it to him. We would have liked to go to Disney this past August for our sons' birthdays, but were not able to go until the first week of November. We have no choice in the matter. :shrug:

Edit: Never mind. didn't realize you were quoting another member.

soo they've been there? interesting...I've been going to the magic kingdom since I was 5 (I'm 20 now.) and haven't seen them there before....It's kinda lame that they used the same hidden mickey device by using spiders in both the jungle cruise and the haunted mansion...but whatever. And as for the Nightmare debate, Disney advertises the HM holiday, and it's expected, and accepted as a holiday event...kind of like the Country Bears Holiday. People planning their first trip would undoubtedly read about the events going on that week and know about them before going on those certain attractions. If they want to go on those attractions in their unchanged form, and it mattered that much to them, they'd change their reservations. Are these changes tacky? in some cases, yes, but they offer a twist and something new. Perhaps I'm a little biased. NBC is one of my favorite movies. (and it IS disney, by the way, as touchstone is code for "adult-oriented disney")

Um... DUH!!

1) It's tacky

2) The HM is perfect the way it is. no need for a tacky overlay.

3) NBC, though it is Touchstone, really should not be "Disney". (edit note: Meaning that Touchstone is Disney, but NBC should not have been "Disney-fied")

4) It takes away from the feel of the mansion.

5) Imagine it's your first trip to Disney. You have saved fro years for this trip. Your all excited and can't wait to ride the HM. You run up to the gate and what do you see. Your beloved mansion covered with tacky pumpkins and jack skelington, and oogie ect.

Now please don't get me wrong NBC is one of my most favorite movies of all time Disney or not, In fact until about 3 years ago I didn't know it was Disney) But I don't think it has a place overlaying the HM.

:wave:

kag1984

Just my two cents... When I got to do the HMH overlay last year in Disneyland, I didn't care for the outside theming at all... it looked like somebody had hit the bargain bin the day after halloween and decided to decorate the mansion in a very tacky way... But once inside I absolutely loved it. The graveyard scene was absolutely one of the most breathtaking scenes I have ever seen, it was eerily beautiful. I really enjoyed getting the chance to see it, and would love to see the (attraction) overlay come to WDW, but would really like to see a change in how they decorate the outside... it just looked way to tacky in the daytime.

LivinWitTheLand

The supposed reason why the NBC overlay does not happen at WDW each year is because of the amount of time it takes to install. Disneyland is more of a "locals" park and therefore it is not as big of a deal for the HM to be closed for the install and removal. Where in WDW it would be a major amount of time for a major attraction to be closed each and every year.

twasbrillig

Um... DUH!!

I said that in response to another user...who said that technically, NBC isn't disney..which is preposterous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt04
Please! Disney has almost gotten rid of everything "Burton" so let's not encourage anything being brought back

and just what is wrong with tim burton?

dancetaxix2

I was in WDW last year for Mickey's not so Scary. I was very dissapointed in the lack of day time decorations they blew up decorations at dusk for the party. I love the HM it is one of those that is a must ride for me. It would be cool to have some Halloween decorations up even if they are NBC. Heck I would like to have seen more decorations at Christmas time when I was there last Christmas. Actually I wish WDW would holiday decorate more period, ESPECIALLY for Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom