Haunted Mansion refurbishment (HM refurb)

IcicleM

Yeah, I rode on Jungle cruise recently, and the spider webs ARE there ^_^ unless.... they kinda already were there and I just didn't notice

CSUFSteve

In the fall edition of Vacation Magic (DVC's magazine), they state that it is rumored that the HM spiders will find a new home at the Jungle Cruise. So maybe the OP that got jumped all over in the other thread really knew what she was talking about.

Weren't there a lot of great little tidbits in this issue of the DVC Vacation Magic? There were some details on SSE I didn't know, or at least wasn't sure about, I didn't know about the changes to Tokyo's Space, and the kissing-Anaheim's-butt article was interesting in light of the 'affordable housing' issue.

CaptainMichael

I hope that all of you going tomorrow to see it bring lots of pictures, and i mean LOTS of pictures. I am very envious.

Actually, it isn't supposed to open until Thursday according to the Tell-A-Cast, but I will be going to the MK just incase, but I'll only be taking exterior shots because I want to enjoy the ride...maybe after a few times, I'll take flashless pics. However, I will get photos of the Boo to You parade preview!

jt04

Can we take a sweepstake as to how long after opening the first complaint appears on this site?

Too late, there have already been some "it's to scary" complaints from the usual whiners on other boards. Fortunately they have overplayed that bit of drama and no one is fooled anymore. I know they don't fool me at least.:)

DougK

Gee it is a HAUNTED mansion, shouldn't it be maybe just a LITTLE scary? Why would people complain about that? Take your 4 year old to Toon Town!

jt04

Gee it is a HAUNTED mansion, shouldn't it be maybe just a LITTLE scary? Why would people complain about that? Take your 4 year old to Toon Town!

The same people who complained until they removed AE. A tragic bit of over reaction to a few complainers who thought it was too scary.

cdatkins

COMPLETELY tragic...One of the cool and interesting rides that TOTALLY fit in Tomorrowland, and they had to go and ruin it with Stitch!!!:brick:

My wife and I still complain about this EVERY TIME we go to Tomorrowland...we absolutely LOVED AE and it was just dripping with creativity and imagination (not a shocker given Lucas' involvement).

We never go to Stitch. We went once and vowed to never go back.

Rob562

Why would they open it to the general public the day before a supposed "be the first" Annual Passholder event?

I believe the AP event was advertised as more "be among the first", not "be the first". Especially as the Mansion is supposedly going to be open to non-AP holders, too. The AP "event" is more of a front-of-the-line access to AP holders.

And as discussed on other threads, the best chance you have of an attraction opening early after a refurb is the afternoon/evening before its' scheduled reopening *if* the managers decide to open it for a few hours. The day before re-opening, the cast is usually brought in for a full shift to go over any changes in procedures, controls, etc. So if the cast is fully re-trained and checked out, and the attraction is fully up and running, many times the management will just say "why not open up for a few hours"? It'll be a last-minute decision, and no announcement will be made, they'll just open up the front gates and let people in.

-Rob

cdunbar

Lets hope that they can finish the overhang because when I looked at those pictures yesterday I thought it still looked like it needed more time to be finsihed....

Rob562

Lets hope that they can finish the overhang because when I looked at those pictures yesterday I thought it still looked like it needed more time to be finsihed....

Well, if the only thing left is the fabric cover, and there's no problems with the proper fit of it, I wouldn't think that the awning would take more than an hour or two to secure to the framework. Easily an overnight job. I'm just wondering if the framework needs to get painted first... It still looked rather shiney, bare metal in the last photo I saw of it.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom