Haunted Mansion Refurb

Goofyernmost

In related news (not really news) posted wait for POTC was 25 when we rode, but only really waited about 10.
Haunted Mansion was at 30 and we waited less than 20. It was a pretty good day until a huge, slow moving storm struck as we were leaving.
Been there, done that. It almost gets funny when the rain comes in from sideways. I looked up and saw people running to get out of the rain. What for? 30 seconds into the storm one will just not be able to get any wetter.

Goofyernmost

I heard the Mr. Iger was about to purchase the 'Casper, the friendly ghost' IP. Casper will be featured prominently at random places through-out the ride. It's to add a bit of faux, comic, reality to an old attraction.

It's either that or Disney has negotiated a deal with Universal to obtain the rights for "Ghostbusters". That will add a much needed thrill element to Haunted Mansion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I heard the Mr. Iger was about to purchase the 'Casper, the friendly ghost' IP. Casper will be featured prominently at random places through-out the ride. It's to add a bit of faux, comic, reality to an old attraction.

It's either that or Disney has negotiated a deal with Universal to obtain the rights for "Ghostbusters". That will add a much needed thrill element to Haunted Mansion.
Regarding Casper, I think Universal actually owns him too...Perhaps Casper will be the trade off IP when Disney sells Universal the exclusive rights to Marvel.

tirian

The capacity did not change. You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. The area post merge is always supplied with guests from both Fastpass and standby to ensure that both loads are always supplied with guests. Post merge neither side is considered Fastpass or standby, the guests are mixed. If they are starving one of the load docks it is the result of cast member error. It is not by design.

Fastpass or no Fastpass the attraction still dispatches the same boats at the same interval. Its capacity did not change.
We're clearly not going to agree on this. I'm walking away from the argument.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Actually, Dreamworks owns Casper. It got him when it bought Classic Media - which also owns Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Lassie and Voltron (boy, talk about a melting pot!)
Thanks for the clarification. Too bad Disney didn't buy the theme park rights to the Rankin-Bass library. Who wouldn't love a dark ride to the land of misfit toys?

Magenta Panther

Thanks for the clarification. Too bad Disney didn't buy the theme park rights to the Rankin-Bass library. Who wouldn't love a dark ride to the land of misfit toys?

I agree. A Rudolph dark ride would be amazing!

Expanding on this - the ride vehicles could be a little like those on Peter Pan's Flight, only they're sleighs instead of ships. Guests would be lifted into a snowy night sky on Christmas Eve, and they could fly over The Land of Misfit Toys and even see King Moonracer (the winged lion guy, I think I got his name right). PLUS they could encounter the Abominable Snowman. This ride idea practically writes itself!

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Actually, Dreamworks owns Casper. It got him when it bought Classic Media - which also owns Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Lassie and Voltron (boy, talk about a melting pot!)
Doesn't Universal own DreamWorks now, though?

I agree. A Rudolph dark ride would be amazing!

Expanding on this - the ride vehicles could be a little like those on Peter Pan's Flight, only they're sleighs instead of ships. Guests would be lifted into a snowy night sky on Christmas Eve, and they could fly over The Land of Misfit Toys and even see King Moonracer (the winged lion guy, I think I got his name right). PLUS they could encounter the Abominable Snowman. This ride idea practically writes itself!
Can Universal actually build this? No, seriously, can they?

NearTheEars

Forgot to mention this, but the audio in the first stretching room has been wonky the last few times we've been on the ride. Typically as the Ghost Host's narration moves around the room you can hear it pretty clearly, but it's been dropping out about halfway through, then picking up again. Thought it was a fluke, but this weekend was third time.

CheekBoys

Forgot to mention this, but the audio in the first stretching room has been wonky the last few times we've been on the ride. Typically as the Ghost Host's narration moves around the room you can hear it pretty clearly, but it's been dropping out about halfway through, then picking up again. Thought it was a fluke, but this weekend was third time.
I noticed this also when I went in May. Sounded really bad.

NearTheEars

I noticed this also when I went in May. Sounded really bad.

Yes it's pretty jarring if you know how it's supposed to sound, and if folks are actually being quiet. Too often the whole room is still jabbering. Sometimes the CM will yell "quiet!" In character.

MOXOMUMD

And he will be immediately placed into strobe mode.
zz+abominable+snowman+no+teeth+Rudolph-Red-Nosed-Reindeer-004.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom