Haunted Mansion Refurb

Bandini

I just wish there were fans under the awnings to keep the air moving. Universal has them in most of their queues and it makes a big difference.
As far as the interactive queues, I think they were a waste. Most people in line are only interested in getting to the attraction, not being entertained while they wait. Funny thing is, my favorite queues are on the oldest attractions. For example, I love the Jungle Cruise queue it's clever.

zengoth

I just wish there were fans under the awnings to keep the air moving. Universal has them in most of their queues and it makes a big difference.
As far as the interactive queues, I think they were a waste. Most people in line are only interested in getting to the attraction, not being entertained while they wait. Funny thing is, my favorite queues are on the oldest attractions. For example, I love the Jungle Cruise queue it's clever.

i think many folks find it amusing the first time they go through it. But it also helps crowd control - before the added queue, crowds would clog the area between Columbia Harbour House and the Riverboat dock. It also opens a space for the fast pass line to easily snake through.

For an opening day attraction, it amazes me how little has changed with the HM journey to the omnimover. (compared with something new like Little Mermaid). Folks are herded like cattle into a pitch black foyer and then herded again (colliding into each other) into one of two faux elevators and then the death march into the funnel to get into a short queue - it reminds me of trying to squeeze into an NYC subway car. Definitely not a good experience for either the claustrophobic or those who don't see well in the dark.

But I never miss an chance to visit.

Bandini

i think many folks find it amusing the first time they go through it. But it also helps crowd control - before the added queue, crowds would clog the area between Columbia Harbour House and the Riverboat dock. It also opens a space for the fast pass line to easily snake through.

For an opening day attraction, it amazes me how little has changed with the HM journey to the omnimover. (compared with something new like Little Mermaid). Folks are herded like cattle into a pitch black foyer and then herded again (colliding into each other) into one of two faux elevators and then the death march into the funnel to get into a short queue - it reminds me of trying to squeeze into an NYC subway car. Definitely not a good experience for either the claustrophobic or those who don't see well in the dark.

But I never miss an chance to visit.

I've also been on the HM in DL and I don't think the "cattle drive" experience is quite as bad there as it is at WDW. At WDW, the CM's scream at the guests to move forward, even when the ride is down and there's nowhere to go. I too love the HM, but sometimes I hate the way that ride is managed. I'm just glad that FP is only seasonal at DL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom