Haunted mansion has reopened!

Buried20KLeague

Not from what I saw. No day/night differences or other things that he mentioned...not that I believed him anyway. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm definitely thinking that this says quite a bit regarding the authenticity of re-dis.

But I've got a feeling we probably shouldn't talk about that. :lookaroun don't ban me!

:lol:

coltow

Can anyone tell me if the spider is still there? For some reason the spider and ballroom scene is about all DS remembers. Everytime we mention HM or see picture of the outside he always talks about the ghosts dancing and the big spider, which I fear is now gone.

lilclerk

Can anyone tell me if the spider is still there? For some reason the spider and ballroom scene is about all DS remembers. Everytime we mention HM or see picture of the outside he always talks about the ghosts dancing and the big spider, which I fear is now gone.

I think the new staircase scene is where the spiders used to be.

Just came home from 4 glorious (and insanely HOT days...and I am from Ft. Lauderdale...lol) @ the World. Mansion is everything I prayed it would be (though I was secretly hoping/praying that the made-up/rumored "flying bats in the stretch room" effect came to fruition). Everything is so clean, fresh, and back up to original Disney standards. I am so pleased!

My parents came along on this trip, their first in about 7 years, and though they did notice some of the major differences in effect (the new bride, floating Leota) they did not see much difference in the rest of the attraction. This is good news in reference of the fact that Imagineering was very conscious not to dramatically influence the original atmosphere of the classic experience. They fully succeed in simply sharpening and enhancing the “Mansion magic”....no 'Pirates..' refurb here!

To all major Mansion fans (like me)....this refurb is well worth the wait!:sohappy:

ThinkTink721

We rode it on Sat., Sept. 15th around 1:00pm.
I liked the changes.
It was a nice, cool ride (temp outside was in the 90's).
The new effects were well done.
Although we did get "stuck" where the doombuggy lets you lie back looking up for about a minute.
:lookaroun

awalte7

Thanks for everyone's updates, I've been impatiently waiting for the new mansion to open The hm has always been my favorite. I actually called off a trip because I heard it was being rehfurbished. Now I can't wait to see it next month!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's updates, I've been impatiently waiting for the new mansion to open The hm has always been my favorite. I actually called off a trip because I heard it was being rehfurbished. Now I can't wait to see it next month!

I'm sure you will be very impressed, have a great time!

RSoxNo1

As per ReDis' comments, My understanding is that they tested a lot of the ideas that he mentioned (like the day/night varients in the pop up ghosts) but he also refuted them long before opening.

PintoColvig

I was in the 2nd group in the door (20th person or so) at the reopenning of the HM on 9/15 at 9AM!

Hey, you caught me on film!

WDW07837a.jpg

And my best side, too!

Slipknot

Haven't been here for a bit, and haven't had the chance to give my 2 cents.

I am very pleased with what they did.

Almost every guest/cast I talk to about it has liked the new additions (about 99.9%).

Bride herself makes it worth riding again... and again... and again!

Thurp

Although we did get "stuck" where the doombuggy lets you lie back looking up for about a minute.

This may sound weird but I've always wanted to be "stuck" right at that point. My back always feels good for some reason while going down backwards. Something that has to do with the pressure on my back and the shape of the doom buggy. :shrug: Someday....

spirit971

Had a chance to ride it on Sept. 15th around noon. Loved the changes. Everything looked like it did when I first saw it in 1974. Great lighting and sound. The wait was 60 min. when I arrived. Decided to go eat at the Columbia Harbour House. The place was packed. They had a manager directing people into line and handing out menues. He told me that busness had increased over 80% since the mansion reopened. After we ate, the wait time was down to 30 min. WELL WORTH THE WAIT!

kubfish

Just got back , trip report sometime soon...

HM was awesome and equals if not betters the DL version. (Not the DL xmas version tho). I was very impressed and it ranks in the top 3 for all attractions on this trip.

We did 3 days in MK, took the 3rd day and us saying this is the #1 ride today (HM or bust day). Lines were long most of the time, 30-40 min out... they appeared to move fairly fast though. So our last day we finally said today its HM even if we have to wait in a line.

Loved it, and NICE job to Disney for this one! Being a CA person FIX SPACE next...(trip report to detail)

yensidtlaw1969

CM's leading us into the queue of the mansion.
WDW07837.jpg

I'm in this picture! See the short guy in the blue striped shirt hidden in the shadow of the wait time post? Yep. I was the 3rd guest to enter the mansion, but I managed to be the first guest in a doombuggy! I went to the proper corner of the stretch room and bolted out into the hall when it was like 2 feet open :hammer: :lookaroun

I wish I had known you were there, I would have said hi!

-Yensid "I found the refurbished attraction to be AMAZING." tlaw1969

sillyspook13

Hey, you caught me on film!

WDW07837a.jpg

And my best side, too!

I'm in this picture! See the short guy in the blue striped shirt hidden in the shadow of the wait time post? Yep. I was the 3rd guest to enter the mansion, but I managed to be the first guest in a doombuggy! I went to the proper corner of the stretch room and bolted out into the hall when it was like 2 feet open :hammer: :lookaroun

I wish I had known you were there, I would have said hi!

-Yensid "I found the refurbished attraction to be AMAZING." tlaw1969

So far we've identified two people in this picture. Do I hear three?:lookaroun :lol:

PintoColvig

Yensid, did you have HM t-shirt on as well and a hat? If so, I was standing next to you (to your right) at the rope drop in FL and was right behind you in the 2nd Doombuggy! I was wearing a DL shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom