Haunted mansion has reopened!

Swfewrmco

"OFF-TOPIC"

FYI, don't bother trying to talk to Ricky on his own message board. He just gets his own attack dogs on you, then he deletes the thread.

KippWade

I really wish there would have been some kind of soft opening... I was there the 7th-9th, and they were still putting up the walkway/queue cover :(

Now having seen all of this, I REALLY wish I could have seen it...

Oh well, MOUSEFEST is only.... 81 days away?

PhotoDave219

We're all aware that people use a flash, despite the rules against it. I would prefer that you not come on here and brag about it, or encourage those who do.

Thank you. (From someone who has had the experience spoiled by another guest who feels his/her memories are more important than mine.)

As someoene who's a pretty decent photographer, I'm just offended by people who insist on breaking the flash photography rules and ruining other people's experiences. People pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney, they shouldn't have their expereinces on rides dampened or the magic ruined because someone decided to pop a flash.

Basically, my need for a photo doesn't (and rightfully shouldn't) outweight the enjoyment of others on a ride.

Of course the best dark ride shot I've seen in a long time was done by Laura with her digital rebel on HM without a flash, in the ballroom scene.

Thats just my eleven cents.

Swfewrmco

As someoene who's a pretty decent photographer, I'm just offended by people who insist on breaking the flash photography rules and ruining other people's experiences. People pay thousands of dollars to go to Disney, they shouldn't have their expereinces on rides dampened or the magic ruined because someone decided to pop a flash.

Basically, my need for a photo doesn't (and rightfully shouldn't) outweight the enjoyment of others on a ride.

Of course the best dark ride shot I've seen in a long time was done by Laura with her digital rebel on HM without a flash, in the ballroom scene.

Thats just my eleven cents.

Well said!!! :sohappy:

It's a shame that selfish people with their own agendas put their own benefit over the desires of others to simply enjoy the magic.

The Mom

Premium Member
I'm not sure what happened here, but apparently I offended a group regular.

This will be my last post. To the many people who asked for the video of the HM with the lights on, I will send it over. I won't post a link as I've been informed that is against the rules. I also won't post any pictures with the lights on because I used a flash and that offends people - even though the lights were turned on.

I have enjoyed this site, but don't want to deal with the politics of misguided elders.

I'm sorry that you got caught in the crossfire between a few posters who seem to be intent upon pursuing a personal vendetta, despite my repeated requests to stop doing so. My remarks were not aimed at YOU.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
We've had a few pages of arguing, can we get back to Mansion talk now? Anyone who wants to talk to Ricky, do so on his site, or via PM. I think we can also halt the no flash discussion. Anyone who cant understand the "no flash" as given in the parks is not going to be swayed by discussion here. Thanks.

Swfewrmco

We've had a few pages of arguing, can we get back to Mansion talk now? Anyone who wants to talk to Ricky, do so on his site, or via PM. I think we can also halt the no flash discussion. Anyone who cant understand the "no flash" as given in the parks is not going to be swayed by discussion here. Thanks.

Sorry, Steve. Didn't mean to offend you. I tried to take this debate to Ricky's board, but he didn't think it would increase his revenue, so he deleted the thread. He also doesn't answer PMs and e-mails.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry, Steve. Didn't mean to offend you. I tried to take this debate to Ricky's board, but he didn't think it would increase his revenue, so he deleted the thread. He also doesn't answer PMs and e-mails.

I understand, but please realise WDWMAGIC is not the place to be arguing this out. Ricky is nothing to do with this site, I have no control over what he does/says. There is no point in debating his actions here. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM. This thread is about the Mansion, not Ricky.

Swfewrmco

I understand, but please realise WDWMAGIC is not the place to be arguing this out. Ricky is nothing to do with this site, I have no control over what he does/says. There is no point in debating his actions here. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM. This thread is about the Mansion, not Ricky.

Understood, Steve, and I appreciate your efforts. I sincerely hope that there are SOME measures taken to ensure that his constant plugging of his revenue generating endeavors are brought to a halt, or at the least, that WDWMAGIC is compensated for giving him such exposure.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Well, since everyone's saying stuff about what went right, I'll talk about a few things that went wrong IMHO.

1. Why the heck did they leave the turnstiles in? It just makes it more of a pain to get in the door.
2. Why didn't Disney just do a passholder preview in the morning just for passholders? I was surprised that there was a regular line. Maybe I just misinterpreted the e-mail.
3. The heads on the attic portraits weren't working Sat. morning (as discussed before).
4. Why did they relocate the bride to the other side of the track? You get to see her about 1/2 the amount of time as you used to because she's blocked by the doom buggies in front of you.
5. The buggie we were on was VERY jerky when rotating. Almost to the point of making me sick. It would rotate to a point, stop, rotate back a little, then rotate back again. If I wanted to ride the teacups... :)
6. The first popup in the graveyard has a piece of cloth attached to the bottom of the head. When he pops up quickly, the cloth covers his face for about 2 seconds and then it falls away revealing the spooky head. Isn't there a way to tie this down?
7. Just my opinion but I liked how the attic was before because it was just an attic with normal attic stuff and you made your own conclusions about what happened to the bride. Now it seems like they're forcing the story on you. Just something the DW and I were thinking about after riding it.

Just so you know, we are both HUGE HM fans and in no way am I trashing the refurb. Just spurring discussion. :wave: We loved everything else and believe it will greatly add to "reride-ability" since there's so much more to see now.

Thoughts???

dolbyman

my postings were deleted twice in this thread (and I thought I was going nuts) ..
and I wasn't even flaming :mad:
this sneaky mod delete button needs to be replaced .. I think it is a bit too loose :brick:

but back to DL err WDW haunted mansion
any new hidden mickey spotted ?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Not sure. Might want to lay off the chicken strip combo meals, just in case.

JOIN THE BRIGARMY!!! TAKE MORE FLASH PICTURES!!!

No words needed. :zipit:

The Mom

Premium Member
my postings were deleted twice in this thread (and I thought I was going nuts) ..
and I wasn't even flaming :mad:
this sneaky mod delete button needs to be replaced .. I think it is a bit too loose :brick:

but back to DL err WDW haunted mansion
any new hidden mickey spotted ?

Your posts were deleted because you were quoting a deleted post. If you look, you'll see that I explained that.

And just a warning for everyone, restoring a deleted/edited thread or post is not allowed.

Swfewrmco

Your posts were deleted because you were quoting a deleted post. If you look, you'll see that I explained that.

And just a warning for everyone, restoring a deleted/edited thread or post is not allowed.

Here's when we jump in the Way-Back Machine, and history gets revised.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom