Haunted mansion has reopened!

GrimGrinninAnna

!

Did anyone else notice the "Frank and Constance" wedding banner in the attic? It's on your left side as you approach. Wasn't able to get a clear picture.

Craig & Lisa

That is a fantastic video. Great job, and thanks for taking the time, maybe someday I'll take the time to figure out how to do that and not just sell them. And the ghost host did not say watch out for hitch hiking ghosts either. Too bad it wasn't bright enough to use the regular light they provide. You can see that the AA are better in the graveyard but because of the night vision you can also see the ghosts skin, but for me it did not change how it is. Again, thanks for all your work and effort.

GrimGrinninAnna

Yes! That's the banner. I thought that was super interesting because there are names and dates. Also, when I went through yesterday evening right before leaving to come home (booo) that man's head was not there. The head was wiped clean off the body in the portrait.

IcicleM

Complete shot in the dark here (literally) but... maybe you can only see the heads in the pictures if you take a flash picture, because I rode the ride many times and NEVER saw any of their heads either.

Passport

Went today. The fastpass line was used for passholders and wheelchairs. Regular people went through the regular line. We did get in a little faster but it wasn't just for passholders like they did for Mission Space.
I thought the improvements were wonderful. Unfortunately some jerk was taking flash photos. So I saw the cables holding the crystal ball and other things that were supposed to remain in the dark. I will ride it again next week.

GrumpyDopey

Are you going to post your video to share with the rest of the class?:sohappy:

As soon as I return from the second half of my vacation I will post a link to it. I recorded the entire walk, so the video is about 150+ MB. It's not spectacular, but some parts are pretty interesting.

I also took a bunch of pictures while sitting there for all that time. (Sorry to the folks who I blinded with my flash). I will be posting them too. Think I inadvertently grabbed a hidden mickey in one of them.

The Mom

Premium Member
We're all aware that people use a flash, despite the rules against it. I would prefer that you not come on here and brag about it, or encourage those who do.

Thank you. (From someone who has had the experience spoiled by another guest who feels his/her memories are more important than mine.)

GrumpyDopey

I was stuck there for 15 minutes while they figured out what was wrong. The ride was already ruined for all of us. And the fact that the lights were turned on kind of negated the need for a flash anyway. Normally I adhere to the rules.

bayoutinkbelle

Thank you. (From someone who has had the experience spoiled by another guest who feels his/her memories are more important than mine.)

Very well said. I love seeing all the videos and pictures, as well as taking them myself. I would never dream of ruining the ride by using flash/light when you've clearly been directed not to do so and I would hope others think and act the same way.

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't know what the backstory is on all the bickering (and I don't want to know), but it is to stop right now. Take it to PM, and let the rest of enjoy "the boss's" thread.

It is also against forum rules to link to other websites unless specifically asked, and to link to a site where the poster has any financial interest UNLESS it has been cleared with the administrator, and you are paying to be a sponsor/advertise here.

If anyone is in violation, they will receive a polite warning, all posts with the links will be removed, and if they appear in future posts, the poster risks being banned.

So, to recap:

Stop sniping at each other

Remove any unauthorized links.

This thread may be gutted very soon if this continues.

Thank you; carry on.

The Mom

Premium Member
You've all been warned!

I'm deleting ALL of the posts on both sides of this argument!

ANYONE who reposts something I have deleted will have his/her posts deleted. ANYONE who posts unauthorized links will have his/her posts deleted.

ANYONE who ignores what I've just posted will get sent to his/her room.

NOW do you understand?

kap91

I absolutely love the new mansion. Everything is amazing. SOOOOOOO much better than what it was. In fact the only thing that I can find to complain about is the fact that the new Stretch Rooms dont take advantage of the new audio system as much as they were originally intended too. That being said, the new stretching room is still freakishly good. WDI and whomever else they worked with really deserve a pat on the back for this refurb.

The Mom

Premium Member
Hey Gordon! :kiss: Sorry you came back just in time to step in it. :lol: Scroll down and all will be revealed. ;)

The Mom

Premium Member
As I warned everyone, I have gutted the thread in an attempt to stop all of the bickering. I apologize to any "innocents" whose posts were deleted only because they quoted a deleted post, or mentioned posters by name.

I HOPE this will be the end of it.

Please remember that the administrator will make the final decision on whether or not to restore posts.

Swfewrmco

It's still rather sad that conversation is stifled, especially when there are many on here that are outraged by yet another of Ricky's self-centered actions. I thought that this debate would lead to a wider range discussion of inconsiderateness at WDW. But hey, let's have the 10th thread on the HM instead! :shrug:

CSUFSteve

We're all aware that people use a flash, despite the rules against it. I would prefer that you not come on here and brag about it, or encourage those who do.

That was freakin' awesome - THANK YOU!! :sohappy:

GrumpyDopey

I obviously offended a group elder

I'm not sure what happened here, but apparently I offended a group regular.

This will be my last post. To the many people who asked for the video of the HM with the lights on, I will send it over. I won't post a link as I've been informed that is against the rules. I also won't post any pictures with the lights on because I used a flash and that offends people - even though the lights were turned on.

I have enjoyed this site, but don't want to deal with the politics of misguided elders.

BSikor

Okay, rode it today and ?I loved it. Outside I was a little upset to her that the old howl seemed to be gone from the audio outside the ride.

The foyer was great the portrait is now video and morphs perfectly.

The stretch room was amazing,. Not only did the wallpaper and portraits stretch but it looked like the wood panels with teh gargoyls also stretched. The audio was better than I imagined.

The doombuggies got some love. Padded seats, new clear audio. The whole nine.

As for eveything else, it was top box. Lots of little details.

As for the eyes that some people have commented on.. I liked them as they merged into the wallpaper. It was all great and sharp.

The attic still needs some love. As the new items were great, the portraits were not working and the bride seemed to be a bit off.

Nonetheless, it was great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom