Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

articos

KISS.

Helping guests find the entrance so there isn't extra unnecessary congestion at the entry is now concidered a bad thing?

I think I need a break from this site for a while.

The complaints just keep getting more and more pointless.
Helping guests find an entrance is never considered a bad thing, but we can do better with our wayfinding package in pointing out entries to attractions, without using signage that doesn't fit the attraction aesthetic or in a way that doesn't detract from the overall story. See also: the entry to BTMRR. It also uses a gateway, but in a much better manner. The Mansion set-up starts long before you walk though the gates. This new gateway detracts in its own way from that setting the stage. It's just a bad choice by inexperienced designers, in my opinion.

There is something to be said for Keep it Simple, Stupid, but there's also Too Simple, Too Ordinary. If you think my thoughts are pointless, I'm sorry to hear that. As someone who works in themed attractions for a living, I'm not complaining, I'm pointing out what I like and agree with and what I don't like and think goes against what the original designers worked hard to create.

Go ahead and take a break. We'll be here when you get back.

Clamman73

It seems weird to even have this. I've never seen a big wait for the Haunted Mansion. Is FastPass really necessary here?

Not really - It's a continuing argument whether or not a fastpass is required on any omnimover...e.g. PP, SSE etc...but it all has to tie in with the grand plan of the fastpass+ idea of booking rides in advance.

miltimo5

i think its hard to tell by the picture, but to me it gives an eerie feeling...good for the haunted mansion...but then again, sometimes pictures are deceiving....wont make a possitive decision until i see it myself...hopefully summer of 2014.. and a friend wants to go for her 60th birthday Jan 2015 yaaa 2 more trips for me

MickeyPeace

What a vulgar way to express yourself. "Crap house"...really? A grown man uses the phrase "crap house"?
That's just sad.

What's funny though is that if Disney just put in a generic restroom in that area then people would no doubt complain they "cheaped-out" or that they "skimped" on the construction. Instead they installed a gorgeously themed area that is just lovely...and still people aren't happy. It's really very sad.
Did I just get scolded by Bradlyandbradysmom. :)

Nemo14

Did I just get scolded by Bradlyandbradysmom. :)
or perhaps Patty-whacked????
paranoid.gif

Jon_in_NC

I'll get a first hand view in a couple weeks, but from the pictures posted I think the size and font fits in well. However, I feel a (very subdued) purple or orange color would have been more appropriate for the night lighting. (If we have to have lighting on them at all of course.)

Captain Chaos

What a vulgar way to express yourself. "Crap house"...really? A grown man uses the phrase "crap house"?
That's just sad.

What's funny though is that if Disney just put in a generic restroom in that area then people would no doubt complain they "cheaped-out" or that they "skimped" on the construction. Instead they installed a gorgeously themed area that is just lovely...and still people aren't happy. It's really very sad.
Well, the new crap house really just illustrates what is slowly becoming of WDW.. a crap house...

dadddio

Well, the new crap house really just illustrates what is slowly becoming of WDW.. a crap house...
Right. It's an awesomely themed area that includes a well-themed restroom. Everyone knows that doing the job really well is a bad thing. How dare they?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Of all the colors to make the lighting, I think the green suits the Mansion the best. Still not fond of the signage, but I'm already over it.

Not over the tent-y, temporary look of the entrance to Circusland, or Circusworld, or CircusCircus, or whatever the hell the new Dumbo area is called. The entrance to the land is rough. But I think that's the point?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom