Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

RAXIP

EEEk.. no regular fastpass at all.. and did you all notice.. it says Disney's Fastpass+... Uh we are aware we are at Disney... Why do you need to put... Disney's Fastpass+ on the sign?
You should look more carefully at all the old FASTPASS signs. They all all say Disney's FASTPASS on them.

main.php

Though with FastPass+ they now use the non-possessive 'Disney FastPass+' branding instead. And FastPass+ will eventually replace "regular" FASTPASS at all attractions that have it.

cspencer96

I can all but guarantee you that won't pan out.
Uh, how? Unless Disney would spend that much money to create a cohesive brand identity for a new product, and then confuse everyone by having FastPass+ and FastPass still at a free attractions...I don't think so. Especially considering that all current FastPass attractions have FastPass+ readers installed, and the kiosks that control them all say Disney FastPass+. It's here to stay, and it's going to be rapidly appearing everywhere, I would assume. So tell me, how can you "all but guarantee" that Disney is not going to do something they have already done?

As a graphic designer who works a lot with brand identity and marketing I doubt that they would let FastPass for Soarin seem inferior to FastPass+ for Spaceship Earth, at least in nomenclature.

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

You should look more carefully at all the old FASTPASS signs. They all all say Disney's FASTPASS on them.

main.php

Though with FastPass+ they now use the non-possessive 'Disney FastPass+' branding instead. And FastPass+ will eventually replace "regular" FASTPASS at all attractions that have it.

Holy Moly! I have never noticed that before... Where have I been??? lol thanks!!

articos

Uh, how? Unless Disney would spend that much money to create a cohesive brand identity for a new product, and then confuse everyone by having FastPass+ and FastPass still at a free attractions...I don't think so. Especially considering that all current FastPass attractions have FastPass+ readers installed, and the kiosks that control them all say Disney FastPass+. It's here to stay, and it's going to be rapidly appearing everywhere, I would assume. So tell me, how can you "all but guarantee" that Disney is not going to do something they have already done?

As a graphic designer who works a lot with brand identity and marketing I doubt that they would let FastPass for Soarin seem inferior to FastPass+ for Spaceship Earth, at least in nomenclature.
Correct, FastPass+ will take over parks-wide.

Here's the problem, though, in this individual case: NG and the park managers are letting the FastPass branding override the individual attraction identities. Mansion has a story that starts from the moment you see it. It's a haunted house. It has the decrepit, yet maintained exterior, with a set of gates that lead (beckon you) in. Those gates have just become a gateway with lighting and signage, taking away from the house and exterior treatment. Now, when you look at the Haunted Mansion, you see the sign first, the Mansion second. I would argue that takes away from what makes Disney attractions/the Mansion special. There wasn't extra clutter detracting from the attraction. The signage was a part of the attraction - the plaques were part of the entry. The gateway with "Haunted Mansion" spelled out and lit up is anything but, and is something you'd see at Six Flags, not classic Disney.

cspencer96

Here's the problem, though, in this individual case: NG and the park managers are letting the FastPass branding override the individual attraction identities. Mansion has a story that starts from the moment you see it. It's a haunted house. It has the decrepit, yet maintained exterior, with a set of gates that lead (beckon you) in. Those gates have just become a gateway with lighting and signage, taking away from the house and exterior treatment. Now, when you look at the Haunted Mansion, you see the sign first, the Mansion second. I would argue that takes away from what makes Disney attractions/the Mansion special. There wasn't extra clutter detracting from the attraction. The signage was a part of the attraction - the plaques were part of the entry. The gateway with "Haunted Mansion" spelled out and lit up is anything but, and is something you'd see at Six Flags, not classic Disney.
Oh yeah, I completely agree that this is tacky. Hopefully they'll at least bring the plaques back, but it still looks pretty bad in the photos. Don't even get me started on Six Flags - that place makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Images of gum caked roofs and overflowing trash barrels with vomit adjacent come to mind...

articos

Oh yeah, I completely agree that this is tacky. Hopefully they'll at least bring the plaques back, but it still looks pretty bad in the photos. Don't even get me started on Six Flags - that place makes me nauseous just thinking about it. Images of gum caked roofs and overflowing trash barrels with vomit adjacent come to mind...
hehe...that's about right. The plaques are coming back, just relocated.

HMF

Because people are not going to react favorably to a system in which they have to decide what time they are going to ride something months in advance. I would think that would be common sense, something Disney Management does not seem to have.

BradyNBradleysMom

Not sure but I think the sign says "For Rapunzels crap house hang a right".

What a vulgar way to express yourself. "Crap house"...really? A grown man uses the phrase "crap house"?
That's just sad.

What's funny though is that if Disney just put in a generic restroom in that area then people would no doubt complain they "cheaped-out" or that they "skimped" on the construction. Instead they installed a gorgeously themed area that is just lovely...and still people aren't happy. It's really very sad.

BradyNBradleysMom

All this hoopla over a fastpass sign...

I love Walt Disney World. I've been an AP holder for about two years, and every time I go, I still get goosebumps walking into the Magic Kingdom or catching a glimpse of SSE. My first visit, though, wasn't until 2010, so no, I wasn't there during those good ol' days and never experienced Horizons or the original Imagination, but I still love every minute I'm in the current parks. And heck, I love Hollywood Studios but after reading, I must be crazy right?

I joined this forum thinking I'd be around people who shared that same feeling, but gosh, most posts are just about how awful the person thinks everything is. I feel like even if the company handed out free, one-day tickets someone would complain that they weren't for two days and vow never to return.

I still feel the magic, even in the parks of today. Just not feeling it here I guess :(

I've noticed the same thing on almost all Disney forums. It's like, these "super fans" love Disney so much until they reach a point where they hate it. Reminds me of Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction"...where love turns to hate and these "fans" decide they want to boil a mouse instead of a movie bunny. A lot of unhealthy energy on these boards.

JimboJones123

KISS.

Helping guests find the entrance so there isn't extra unnecessary congestion at the entry is now concidered a bad thing?

I think I need a break from this site for a while.

The complaints just keep getting more and more pointless.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I've noticed the same thing on almost all Disney forums. It's like, these "super fans" love Disney so much until they reach a point where they hate it. Reminds me of Glenn Close in "Fatal Attraction"...where love turns to hate and these "fans" decide they want to boil a mouse instead of a movie bunny. A lot of unhealthy energy on these boards.
Energy you felt the need to dwell on having just joined in the fun yesterday? Adds nothing more than negative energy, wouldn't you say?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom