Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

rodserling27

I joined this forum thinking I'd be around people who shared that same feeling, but gosh, most posts are just about how awful the person thinks everything is. I feel like even if the company handed out free, one-day tickets someone would complain that they weren't for two days and vow never to return.

I still feel the magic, even in the parks of today. Just not feeling it here I guess :(
Hey there are PLENTY of us who still feel the magic. Stick around a little while longer, don't let people getting bent out-of-shape over stuff like this deter you. This is a GREAT site!! Just look in my signature how frequently I keep going back...and many others do the same too!

GiveMeTheMusic

All this hoopla over a fastpass sign...

I love Walt Disney World. I've been an AP holder for about two years, and every time I go, I still get goosebumps walking into the Magic Kingdom or catching a glimpse of SSE. My first visit, though, wasn't until 2010, so no, I wasn't there during those good ol' days and never experienced Horizons or the original Imagination, but I still love every minute I'm in the current parks. And heck, I love Hollywood Studios but after reading, I must be crazy right?

I joined this forum thinking I'd be around people who shared that same feeling, but gosh, most posts are just about how awful the person thinks everything is. I feel like even if the company handed out free, one-day tickets someone would complain that they weren't for two days and vow never to return.

I still feel the magic, even in the parks of today. Just not feeling it here I guess :(

You have to understand that those of us who have been visiting since the 70's, 80's or 90's (in my case, 1987) have seen a precipitous decline in quality at the resort, with its most basic functions being ignored. It would be hard to see that pattern if you just joined the cult of Mickey in 2010, and I don't blame you. I'm glad you enjoy it, I enjoy the parks as well, just far less than I used to.

I won't pay what they're asking anymore. I took a long break from visiting the resort after a relocation to SoCal, and started visiting again in earnest in 2006. It has been 8 years, and I can count on one hand the new things that have been added in that time (subtract the duplicates from DLR that I see on a regular basis and even less is left). Much has been subtracted from the resort even in 8 years and the prices have skyrocketed in that time.

We don't want free one-day or two-day tickets. We want to pay, we just want it to be worth what we're paying. And when you know what WDW is supposed to be and what it was - it's not worth it anymore. Upkeep is shoddy, empty buildings pepper the landscape, expansion is painfully slow and lackluster and prices just keep going up, up, up. If the place was spotless, the ride effects worked and they actually put effort into updating the parks and resorts, I'd pay their ridiculous prices and be happy about it.

They don't, so I won't. I'll stay off-site, visit for a couple days and spend the rest of my time elsewhere. Too bad too - I used to be someone who would book a whole week at a deluxe, eat at a signature restaurant every night and gab to everyone I know about how great the place is.

I haven't seen theses signs in person, so I won't judge how they turned out. I just don't care anymore. I'll be back when they can see past the end of the nose on their face.

Fe Maiden

I love Walt Disney World. I've been an AP holder for about two years, and every time I go, I still get goosebumps walking into the Magic Kingdom or catching a glimpse of SSE. My first visit, though, wasn't until 2010, so no, I wasn't there during those good ol' days and never experienced Horizons or the original Imagination, but I still love every minute I'm in the current parks. And heck, I love Hollywood Studios but after reading, I must be crazy right?

I just got back and we had a great time. The problem is there has been a steady decline over the past 15-20 years and it feels, especially for the past several years, that WDW takes one step forward two steps back.

The HM is THE perfect example. They hit a home run with the refurb back in '08 or whenever it was and they completely screwed it up with the changes to the queue and this out of place sign.

It seems like quality is fighting a battle against incompetence, cheapness, and shortsightedness and losing.

NearTheEars

They screwed it up by changing how you stand in line? I used to always take the "scenic route" through the graveyard so I don't mind the change too much. I think walking through adds to the feel of the ride.

lebeau

original.jpg

Sassagoula-Rvr

They screwed it up by changing how you stand in line? I used to always take the "scenic route" through the graveyard so I don't mind the change too much. I think walking through adds to the feel of the ride.

Bingo...These posts are perfect.

"Well they're only 1 day tickets, I would much rather pay and go to Universal."

pumpkin7

You can say goodbye to those awesome night time shots then, yes?
Booooooooooooooo to these signs! Turn the dimmer switch down a notch or ten.

Edit: infact, lets see what they look like without the glare. They may be ok. But they must put the plaque back!

note2001

I think we need a better photo before judging how good or bad a sign looks. Even the dimmest light can cause a glare if taken wrong.

Agreed.

Let's not forget that in person, with all the sounds, smells, and pixie dust in the air things just feel different than a picture can depict.

I for one HATED the changes to the Main Street Bakery - flat out hated. The pictures all showed a Starbucks. Then we visited, walked in and hey, it's really cleaned up from what it was. Yeah, I still miss the little tables and the opportunity to recreate the feel of having my family crowd around one, but we'll find other places to do the same.

People hate change. Some changes are needed - and if this one was to improve safety, being one who can't see her feet in the dark, I'm all for it.

phi2134

Dont mind the signs really, but the walkway seems really crowded now. maybe it will just take time to get used to, but doesnt look that bad.

taz0162

The sites frontpage update photos are clear now. Looks like they are gearing up for FastPass + entrance that does not take you through the cemetary and the enhancements that are in place. Still seems to fit the themeng of the Mansion pretty well.

Marc Gil

The signs look fine during the day. It's just gonna take a little time to get used to. I'm going to miss the plaques though.... :(
I have to see the signs at night in person in order to make my full judgement, but it's still a sign, and I'm not going to get all upset about it.

Marc Gil

Someone who works at Mansion already said in this thread (post #12) that the plaques are being moved to the outer columns. (You can see the blank columns in the daytime photos)

-Rob
Whoops.. Didn't read that post. I was kinda skimming through the thread. That's great news to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom