Haunted Mansion has glowing entrance signs now

Grumpy21

No if you look at my previous posts I haven't been to WDW since '08 and will not be going back any time soon but i'm just saying if I had any inclination to go to see the mine train ride or visit Epcot I have been deterred by this recent development.

I'm not trying to argue but why come to this forum if you dislike wdw? I'm not trying to be a jerk just a question.

Cmdr_Crimson

They've also removed the attraction plaque.
2260926.jpg

magicallactose

No..... Like Disney did with Tower of Terror way before Potter and the Forbidden motion simulator.
I never said that Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey was the ONLY ride queue to have utilized that effect (it is the most recent example I could think of). Both that and Tower of Tower are examples of using that effect to maintain good theming. It is a shame that they did not go a similar route with The Haunted Mansion. And Forbidden Journey is not a motion simulator...but whatever...

Tom Morrow

Meh. Every ride that didn't previously have a Fastpass entrance has been altered in some way. I think they've done a reasonable job of theming them. Not great, but reasonable. *shrug*

DisneyGirl3820

hmmm....o_O Not so sure about this Disney "improvement." Some things are perfect just the way they were. If they're afraid visitors can't find the Haunted Mansion and need bright lights to draw them in, it truly detracts from the mystery of the ride.

Last edited:

note2001

It's possible that Disney is reworking the darker ride entrances to make them a bit brighter and safer, but the way the signs overshine and detract from the lamps and the mansion further back looks like Six Flags material to me. :/

... or maybe it's just the pic causing the glare, like oncoming headlights hit mist on the windshield. Either way, I'm sure it has to look better in person.

NearTheEars

...because it used to be good and can be again?

All this hoopla over a fastpass sign...

I love Walt Disney World. I've been an AP holder for about two years, and every time I go, I still get goosebumps walking into the Magic Kingdom or catching a glimpse of SSE. My first visit, though, wasn't until 2010, so no, I wasn't there during those good ol' days and never experienced Horizons or the original Imagination, but I still love every minute I'm in the current parks. And heck, I love Hollywood Studios but after reading, I must be crazy right?

I joined this forum thinking I'd be around people who shared that same feeling, but gosh, most posts are just about how awful the person thinks everything is. I feel like even if the company handed out free, one-day tickets someone would complain that they weren't for two days and vow never to return.

I still feel the magic, even in the parks of today. Just not feeling it here I guess :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom