Haunted Mansion has 2 stretching rooms...

luvorlando

Original Poster
I was reading the Stitch thread about where it will exit and noticed the interesting little secrets about how some of the attractions have more than 1 line or room or whatever.

What attractions can be added to the following list?

Haunted Mansion has 2 stretching rooms.

Alien Encounter/Stitch has 2 theaters.

Space Mountain has 2 tracks.

Pirates of the Carribean has 2 lines.

Tower of Terror has 2 libraries and 2 drop shafts.

Great Movie Ride has 2 lines. Which line you get in determines which car (1st or 2nd) you ride, and thus which of the 2 shootouts you experience, Cowboy or Gangster.

bhg469

i had no idea about AE having 2 theatres actually i have a hard time imagining where the other would be.

josh_e_washie

I hate to doubt you or say that you are wrong, but I don't think the Haunted Mansion has two stretching rooms. THink about it:
Alien encounter HAD :)( ) two different paths into each theater...remember right after the robot preshow? The CM's directed you as to which way to go. The Great Movie Ride makes sense as does POTC. Space Mountain we know has two tracks as does ToT. But think about this...
There is only one line to get into the Haunted Mansion. Therefore, there cannot be two stretching rooms. You know what I mean? The line ends at one door. On the other side of that door is the stretching room...there isn't a corridor or tunnel that we go through to get TO the stretching room. Now, unless this room moves, like literally moves to a different location to switch with another stretching room, I highly doubt there is a second.
On the other hand, I could be totally wrong and stupid. Any comments or thoughts? Am I crazy?:)

civileng68

Account Suspended
are you kidding?

Well I'll just assume you guys are joking about this, if not here's your answers.

the Haunted Mansion does have 2 stretching rooms. I know for a 190% fact, in fact , I'm surprised others are not jumping on this one as most know this.

Alien encounter does have 2 rooms/theatres.

The Haunted Mansion's two stretching rooms are:

1 to the left of the picture and one to the right.

bigfatdonna

HMMMMM...... I have been going to WDW every year for 34 years now. I have ALWAYS been led into the room on the right side of the fireplace. Anybody actually ever GO into the room on the left side of the fireplace?? Not saying that it's not there but what are the chances that I'd enter on the right 75 times out of 75?

ToTBellHop

I've definitely been in both stretching rooms. Hell, if you are in the right stretching room, when you exit the stretching room, look to you your left to see the other "hidden" door. It's definitely in plain sight.

Splash Mountain had two lines before Fastpass got one of them. Primeval Whirl has two lines/tracks, Mission: SPACE has four different centrifuges, Test Track has 3 preshow rooms, DINOSAUR has two preshow rooms, Kilimanjaro Safaris has two lines, two load stations (plus the wheelchair load station). That's all I can think of. Soarin' will have two theatres and two lines, six preshow areas (they aren't really rooms...).

Bliff

BFDonna - I bet you have been in both of the stretching rooms. Since the room is dark and the doors are pretty well hidden, you may have been in both without knowing it. Since you had no idea that there were two rooms, you wouldn't be on the lookout for this, and the atomosphere and Cast Members are so entertaining, you wouldn't even think about it.

When I'm in the stretching room, I always stand near the exit door which leads to the ride vehicles, and even though I know it's there, it takes me a minute to find it as it blends in so well with the rest of the wall.

Here's a picture of both doors

It's from www.hauntedmansion.info, an AWESOME site with "night vision" pictures and tons of information on the ride.

Also, let's not forget good ol' Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which had two seperate tracks inside.

bigfatdonna

Thanks so much, Bliff. What a great site! Oh well, I wanted to do laundry but now I simply must explore this new-found site! Guess I'll just spritz some Febreeze on the dirty clothes and run them through the dryer later. Sometimes you just do what you've gotta do! ;)

Bliff

You're welcome!

Yup, that site is my favorite site dedicated to one ride. I always wondered what the HM would look like with the lights on, and when I found that site, I went nuts - couldn't drag myself away!:D

JackSkellington

Wow, I am really surpirsed no one knew these things. Yes I have been in both stretching rooms. They are supposed to be the ears of a giant hidden Mickey.

imagineer99

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
I hate to doubt you or say that you are wrong, but I don't think the Haunted Mansion has two stretching rooms. THink about it:

After thinking REAL hard, I GUARENTEE you that there are two stretching rooms.:wave:

To add to the list:

Mr. Toad (when it was still here) used to have two tracks, right?

Merlin

Account Suspended
Am I mistaken or is this a Disney fan site?? I mean really...

"The Haunted Mansion has two stretching rooms."

That's like..."Disney Fan Basics 101"!! Not only am I amazed at how many of you didn't KNOW that, but I'm floored that some of you are actually DEBATING it!

Here's a few more "fascinating" facts:

-There's a series of tunnels underneath MK (Really?? No way!!)
-WDW actually has FOUR SEPARATE THEME PARKS (No!!!)
-WALT DISNEY World is the brainchild of someone actually NAMED Walt Disney!! (What are the odds of that???)
-Less than one hour's drive from where Mission:Space sits, there's a complex where vehicles actually DO launch into space (You're kidding!!!)
-The characters that run around the parks aren't really the ones from the cartoons. They're costumes with people inside them (Now you're b.s.-ing me!!)
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom